PDA

View Full Version : crooked lake access

frozen nuts
01-12-2013, 08:12 PM
I would like to try out crooked lke near fox creek. can someone tell where to access the lake from? Is it truck or atv only?

Speckle55
01-12-2013, 09:13 PM
I would like to try out crooked lke near fox creek. can someone tell where to access the lake from? Is it truck or atv only?

Use Google maps then zoom in... there are two ways in but its been years for me... there is a road to a well head that is right beside Little Crooked and you can drive across it and up and over to Crooked or go down a cut line on the south west side .. but others may help with that ..

If you look i think you get to it off the Big Stone road which is just west of Fox Creek ..

also Little Crooked has nice Perch too:sHa_shakeshout:

good luck and i hope this helps

David:)

pikeslayer22
01-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Sounds right it's been a while for me also...I think I would take a sled just in case

Mayhem
01-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Sounds right it's been a while for me also...I think I would take a sled just in case

Watch out for floodwater too...Had a bad experience with it in this area on sled a number of years ago.

frozen nuts
01-13-2013, 08:10 AM
Thanks guys. Did the google thing first but it doesnt really show a clear access to the lake. I take it the "little crooked" you refer to is the small piece on the north end? Map does not specify to tha detail. I"ll pm you as to how i do if i get in. Monday is my first day of retirement so look out fish......

Walleye101
01-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Congratulation's on your retirement!!!!:happy0180: Go get em!!!!

-JR-
01-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Go down the big stone road then after you cross a creek turn right at the tony tower road , go down hill ,cross the creek then left. Stay straight and do not turn right on the main road they made a few years ago . Keep on going .
This is were it gets tricky ....used to be an old lumber camp that was turned into a guiding camp back in the days on the left ,this is where you turn right,its a wide lease road that goes straight and into a lease that is 50 ft -100ft right beside the lake .

-JR-
01-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Just looked at google maps. place sure has changed since I was there last.
Bring a good GPS .