PDA

View Full Version : Wiau lake

Lady Bowhunter
01-12-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm planning a trip for some ice fishing and want to make sure it isn't a complete waste of time. Does anyone know how it's been? Would it be a complete waste of travel?

Basically I want to make sure the area haven't been completely wiped. It's my first time out and would like to catch something besides a sniffle!

topgun2269
01-12-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm planning a trip for some ice fishing and want to make sure it isn't a complete waste of time. Does anyone know how it's been? Would it be a complete waste of travel?

Basically I want to make sure the area haven't been completely wiped. It's my first time out and would like to catch something besides a sniffle!

have fun they are biting very well not a waste of a trip

dumoulin
01-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Don't try to drive in...better to bring a sled. We tried last weekend. Got ugly.

Lady Bowhunter
01-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the info! Appreciate it!

t-hunt-3
01-12-2013, 10:36 PM
And when you get in go fish as close as you can get to the big black dodge dually

dumoulin
01-12-2013, 11:04 PM
and when you get in go fish as close as you can get to the big black dodge dually

lol

DaveS
01-12-2013, 11:21 PM
They're a good size, we found the bite comes and goes. I'd say worth the trip if you like catching perch.

You will also catch as many small hammer handle pike as you do perch. Never seen so many like that.

Everyone fishes the North hald, follow the tracks and the sounds of augers :) Anyone ever try the south half?

wetchimo
01-13-2013, 12:30 AM
Don't try to drive in...better to bring a sled. We tried last weekend. Got ugly.

X2

Lady Bowhunter
01-13-2013, 07:59 AM
Thanks again everyone for the insite! I've seen people get torn to shreads when asking. I do understand the best information gathered is by trying your self so it's really appreciated!

I will keep an eye out for the black dually because we all know that's where the biters are :fighting0074:

Will post some pics if I catch my first perch!