PDA

View Full Version : hello from sunny okangan

skaha57
01-13-2013, 05:50 PM
wow.. to funny ..found an old catalgue from a company in Bow Island called Archery Buying Group and thought wonder if there still around.. Googled and ended with a post from this site back in 2009. Sounds like the company is gone..anyway started digging into some of the posts and found fishing and fly fishing threads..so i am here..
Old Medicine Hat boy from way back now living in the sunny okanagan and loving the fishing in the area.
Look forward to posting and looking at fly patterns.

roy9525
01-13-2013, 06:15 PM
wow.. to funny ..found an old catalgue from a company in Bow Island called Archery Buying Group and thought wonder if there still around.. Googled and ended with a post from this site back in 2009. Sounds like the company is gone..anyway started digging into some of the posts and found fishing and fly fishing threads..so i am here..
Old Medicine Hat boy from way back now living in the sunny okanagan and loving the fishing in the area.
Look forward to posting and looking at fly patterns.

they closed their doors a couple of years ago.

Gust
01-13-2013, 07:31 PM
they closed their doors a couple of years ago.

Sharp as a card.

Welcome to ao skaha,, how's the bass out uour way?

Tinsmith1952
01-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Wife and I were thinking of retiring out to Okanogan but found the heat during summer unbearable but still love the area

chriscosta
01-13-2013, 09:03 PM
you know we all would love to be there right about now I did the stucco on a winery by some vinyards in osoyos I loved it up that way the fishing and weather was amazing the osoyos lake is gorgous and full of fish

WayneChristie
01-13-2013, 09:46 PM
welcome to the forum.

skaha57
01-13-2013, 09:53 PM
thanks all... no doubt the summers are bit hot even for an old praire rat but we manage, winters make up for it...LOL... bass fishing in the oliver area is fantastic, nice big lake paddle boats only its a great way to spend a day and the big mouth arnt bad size.

Tried to post a picture on my profile , not sure what i was doing wrong but after two failed tries ..gave up...any suggestions...

thanks ( and stay warm)

Ken07AOVette
01-13-2013, 10:15 PM
I love the Okanagon, spent months in Summerland.

Welcome to AO!

BeeGuy
01-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Welcome

I've spent a few years in the OK Falls to Osoyoos to Keremeos area and beyond doing field research. Amazing area up into the mountains.

Fishing isn't my cup'o'tea there but it's not far to the Koots or Thompson.

Enjoyed the Similkameen River and some of the pothole lakes up above Oliver.

Are you in Penticton?

Kingfisher
01-14-2013, 01:42 AM
Mr Skaha welcome aboard. I am from the other way round. I am originally from Vernon now living in Calgary. I wish it was the other way round though. Gotta love the fishing season down there.

Any how welcome to the forum. There is another good site to check out in BC FlyBC.

Cheers