PDA

View Full Version : RAWWWWR!! That's about how I feel

gprime27
01-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Rawr.

Well, almost got into a :argue2: with a guy today. We decided to fish about 20 feet from where everyone drives down on the lake which, we've never had a problem before. Well, this guy towing two snowmobiles pulls onto the lake, stops, looks around and proceeds to drive right between ALL of our holes with LINES that where in! My sonar etc was also in right where he drove by!

I called this guy a few words as he had his window open and he Sped off doing about 60 down the lake. I belive I wished he'd loose his truck through the ice and when he came back I wasn't going to help him.

when he came back he was doing at least 80 towards me as I was checking my far tip up, all I heard was crack pop bang under my feet. I think I felt the ice rise up. I just started walking away, then that's when he stopped.

"Hows the fishing?" was his words to me.. I told him the fishing was ****ty and he should go to a different lake.

I also informed him that if he ever goes across my holes again he better not stop on the same body of water and keep driving as he'd get reported for being a douche.. He was gonna get out of his truck his buddy stopped him. I had my hand on my trusty knife at that time.

He then sped off between ALL our holes again. What a DOUCHE!!

Oh, and if someone here ate pizza 73 yesterday on the ice at the lake I was at today.. I have a garbage bag of your crap and I'd love to give it back to you. It's full of chocolate milk containers, beer bottles etc!

npauls
01-13-2013, 08:35 PM
Moral of the story:

Don't park and fish right beside the road onto the lake and you won't get bothered. :thinking-006:

tacklerunner
01-13-2013, 08:35 PM
Shoulda drilled a bigger hole & thrown him & his truck into the lake BGSH style.

gprime27
01-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Moral of the story:

Don't park and fish right beside the road onto the lake and you won't get bothered. :thinking-006:

Moral of the story is, THERE WAS MORE THAN ENOUGH ROOM TO GO AROUND.. HE COULD HAVE WENT RIGHT OR LEFT! Oh wait it's you.. I expect you to say something like that

Ken07AOVette
01-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Shoulda drilled a bigger hole & thrown him & his truck into the lake BGSH style.

Or beat him with your cane when he tried to steal your big Mac RHF style?

Op- thanks for cleaning after the losers. Too bad the RCMP did not get them with the beer.

gprime27
01-13-2013, 08:41 PM
and besides where EVERYONE drives their trucks down, we were to the left of the drive down spot. Guys towing trailers went left and right all day. I don't see why this guy couldn't have went either way.

Esox
01-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Hand on your trusty knife? Wow, you're a real hero! Maybe you should gt a little off the main trail. The guy was probably trying to follow it because he knew there was safe ice there for sure.

npauls
01-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Moral of the story is, THERE WAS MORE THAN ENOUGH ROOM TO GO AROUND.. HE COULD HAVE WENT RIGHT OR LEFT! Oh wait it's you.. I expect you to say something like that

:sHa_sarcasticlol:

hahaha that was way to easy.

If you don't like people around you while fishing with the chance of driving through your gear go down the lake a bit to where there is no one else. simple as that.

gprime27
01-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Not that I'd ever use it anyways :snapoutofit:

gprime27
01-13-2013, 08:46 PM
No one ever came down to that area and most don't ever. It's normally just the local friendly folk that respect where you are and go around.. It's pretty far out of the way to begin with..

winger7mm
01-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Moral of the story:

Umm think the moral of the story is "dont litter on the ice, aswell as not driving through peoples gear and not driving like a bat outta hell on the ice". I know where he was fishing, LOTS of room to drive around. Vehicles nowadays have this thing called power steering it helps you turn. Right or left woulda prevented 30% of this story. But cha cant fix stupid.

gprime27
01-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Thanks winger7mm... I'm sure if Npauls had someone cut right through his gear he'd be livid also.

Umm think the moral of the story is "dont litter on the ice, aswell as not driving through peoples gear and not driving like a bat outta hell on the ice". I know where he was fishing, LOTS of room to drive around. Vehicles nowadays have this thing called power steering it helps you turn. Right or left woulda prevented 30% of this story. But cha cant fix stupid.

HunterDave
01-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Rawr.

Well, almost got into a :argue2: with a guy today. We decided to fish about 20 feet from where everyone drives down on the lake which, we've never had a problem before. Well, this guy towing two snowmobiles pulls onto the lake, stops, looks around and proceeds to drive right between ALL of our holes with LINES that where in! My sonar etc was also in right where he drove by!

A whole lake to fish and you set up 20 feet from where everyone drives down to the lake and expect everyone to drive around you. Are you frickin kidding me? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Zip-in-Z
01-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Based on your observations, the dip stick was either high or intoxicated, it was wise not to provoke him any further, as well, you should of got his plate & called 911 and reported him as impaired!

Zip ...

gprime27
01-13-2013, 09:04 PM
A whole lake to fish and you set up 20 feet from where everyone drives down to the lake and expect everyone to drive around you. Are you frickin kidding me? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

We parked the vehicles 20 feet from where everyone drives down and pretty far to the left. Another 30 feet maybe... there was at least another 30 - 40 feet where the gear was from the vehicles.. As I said, guys came and went ALL DAY without issues. Packing snow mobiles on trailers etc. They never had an issue going right or left. THERE WAS NO ONE IN THEIR WAY. There were people to the right of us with their gear in the same area and they were ****ed off at this guy to.

My question is Why did this guy feel the need to drive straight to the MIDDLE of the lake. then go left and drive about 1000 yards down the lake and park right near the damn shore? he could have followed the path of the other vehicles left or right. If he wanted to go to the middle of the lake to drive he could have very much went to the middle of the lake after going around everyone.

I certainly wouldn't have done it and maybe some of you are saying that you would drive right down the middle of fellow fishermens gear? That's pretty pathetic I must say.

npauls
01-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Thanks winger7mm... I'm sure if Npauls had someone cut right through his gear he'd be livid also.

I don't have any problem with people driving around me because the places I fish are out of the way away from everyone else.

I like to get out of my vehicle and walk instead of pretty much fishing out of the door of my vehicle.

Pincherguy
01-13-2013, 09:05 PM

Doesn't matter where you fish, don't give an idiot the right to drive over your stuff.
PG

HunterDave
01-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Hey said he set up 20 feet from where people drive onto the lake.

If people driving around you is going to be a problem go somewhere else on the lake.

x2 I don't know where some people get their sense of entitlement from?

I wonder how many guys that had to go around him thought that he was an idiot? :rolleye2:

the pro
01-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Npals you weren't there you don't know we're we fish so stop making assumptions thanks

Gust
01-13-2013, 09:09 PM
I know the spot and it would be just as easy to go out and around where gprime WAS ALREADY set up fishing.

First rule of fishing is etiquette,, it was probably more than obvious that someone was fishing,,, we've all experienced dipknobs out there who like to pull right up like its a tailgate party.

baptiste_moose
01-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Enjoy boys cause I bet that was "the pro's" last post! 25 posts isn't bad for an AO troll in hiding!

the pro
01-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Dave people have been driving the shore line there the whole year and every year so thateres no problem were we fish

Esox
01-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Maybe you're just upset that there's more than your group fishing Twin Valley now.

winger7mm
01-13-2013, 09:11 PM

The location of where he fishes is no where near a known lake entrance location. Out of all the times ive been there, no new tracks going out. And only ever seen 2 different groups of people fishing out there, and both were very polite. There are alot of places to get on the lake. Dunno why someone would drive through your gear

Esox
01-13-2013, 09:13 PM
I know the spot and it would be just as easy to go out and around where gprime WAS ALREADY set up fishing.

First rule of fishing is etiquette,, it was probably more than obvious that someone was fishing,,, we've all experienced dipknobs out there who like to pull right up like its a tailgate party.

There's no "rules" about etiquette. Everyone has a different version of "etiquette". Nice guys finish let, ***** etiquette.

npauls
Npals you weren't there you don't know we're we fish so stop making assumptions thanks

I am going by what was posted in the original story. No assumptions at all.

baptiste_moose
:party0052:

npauls
01-13-2013, 09:15 PM
The location of where he fishes is no where near a known lake entrance location. Out of all the times weve been there, no new tracks going out. And only ever seen 2 different groups of people fishing out there, and both were very polite

He said in the original post that it is a known entrance onto the lake. That is enough for most guys to set up somewhere else if they don't want people driving around them.

simple concept that some people just don't get I guess.

gprime27
01-13-2013, 09:16 PM
I don't have any problem with people driving around me because the places I fish are out of the way away from everyone else.

I like to get out of my vehicle and walk instead of pretty much fishing out of the door of my vehicle.

I have a few question Npauls? Do you think I'm dumb or something? Do you not think I have any Etiquette myself? Do you not think that the group I was with would not understand that we were beside a road and would not leave people room to turn back onto the road? Do you think that I would not have had people park their vehicles somewhere that wouldn't facilitate the road that we came down on? Do you not think we would place our gear / holes somewhere that would NOT bother the main trails onto the lake? Do you think we just put our holes right in the pathway to be jerks? OR do you think that maybe just maybe I understand fishing / driving Etiquette and wouldn't be an absolute ass to facilitate other people? Or do you just think I'm an absolutly worthless piece of skin that doesn't deserve to fish? I seriously don't get you? Everytime I post you have NOTHING nice to say. YOU ARE THE REASON I STOPPED ALONG TIME AGO. Next time please please please keep it to yourself!

winger7mm
01-13-2013, 09:17 PM

How would you feel if someone drove between you and your gear?? MUCH different then driving AROUND you. Dunno how to underline on my phone lmao, but you said it yourself :)

HunterDave
01-13-2013, 09:17 PM
We decided to fish about 20 feet from where everyone drives down on the lake which, we've never had a problem before.

The location of where he fishes is no where near a known lake entrance location.

Do you two need a minute or two to get your stories straight?

gprime27
01-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Maybe you're just upset that there's more than your group fishing Twin Valley now.

I could care less who fishes where! Just don't drive down the middle of my gear. It's that simple.. End of story. Sorry I ever brought it up

Esox
01-13-2013, 09:20 PM
I could care less

Did you know you're using the wrong word. By saying you could care less means you do care a little. In fact, you mean to say that you couldn't care less, that implies there is zero room to care and you do not care at all.

elkdump
01-13-2013, 09:21 PM
what a shame the fishing wasn't better ?

how I would love to see 2 guys beating each other stupid with a couple of frozen fish !:fighting0030:

gprime27
01-13-2013, 09:21 PM

Thank you and yes he could have went around. Plain and simple.

Pincherguy
01-13-2013, 09:22 PM
There's no "rules" about etiquette. Everyone has a different version of "etiquette". Nice guys finish let, ***** etiquette.

Whats that got to do with fishing?

gprime27
Did you know you're using the wrong word. By saying you could care less means you do care a little. In fact, you mean to say that you couldn't care less, that implies there is zero room to care and you do not care at all.

Either or, I was never an english major :)

Pixel Shooter
venting done now ? good time to move on I think :thinking-006:

npauls
01-13-2013, 09:23 PM
How would you feel if someone drove between you and your gear?? MUCH different then driving AROUND you. Dunno how to underline on my phone lmao, but you said it yourself :)

Like I have already mentioned I fish where no one else is. There is almost always no on ice access where I go and people would have to drive quite a ways on the ice to get to where I fish. So I really don't have to worry about people driving through my gear.

Gust
01-13-2013, 09:23 PM

You need to read the regs,, though it's not a carved in stone regulation (except to people who fish with courtesy), it is noted in the regs.

gprime27
01-13-2013, 09:24 PM

Possibly. he wasn't with me today :)

Esox
01-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Whats that got to do with fishing?

Just pointing it out, if you use a term use it properly.

Pincherguy
01-13-2013, 09:25 PM
He said in the original post that it is a known entrance onto the lake. That is enough for most guys to set up somewhere else if they don't want people driving around them.

simple concept that some people just don't get I guess.

I don't think the op has any problem with people driving around them. They drove right over his stuff, I think that would tick you off as well, right
PG

Esox
01-13-2013, 09:26 PM
You need to read the regs,, though it's not a carved in stone regulation (except to people who fish with courtesy), it is noted in the regs.

There's no rule or regulation about etiquette. You are not going to be charged for anything because you don't have good etiquette.

npauls
01-13-2013, 09:26 PM
I have a few question Npauls? Do you think I'm dumb or something? Do you not think I have any Etiquette myself? Do you not think that the group I was with would not understand that we were beside a road and would not leave people room to turn back onto the road? Do you think that I would not have had people park their vehicles somewhere that wouldn't facilitate the road that we came down on? Do you not think we would place our gear / holes somewhere that would NOT bother the main trails onto the lake? Do you think we just put our holes right in the pathway to be jerks? OR do you think that maybe just maybe I understand fishing / driving Etiquette and wouldn't be an absolute ass to facilitate other people? Or do you just think I'm an absolutly worthless piece of skin that doesn't deserve to fish? I seriously don't get you? Everytime I post you have NOTHING nice to say. YOU ARE THE REASON I STOPPED ALONG TIME AGO. Next time please please please keep it to yourself!

Don't whine and complain if someone drives through your gear is all I am getting at.

If you are fishing right by an on ice access you are bound to get someone that will cut close to you. You experienced that today. Hopefully next time nothing like that happens but what I am pointing out is that you should look somewhere else down the lake a bit if you don't want that same scenario in future trips.

gprime27
01-13-2013, 09:27 PM
I don't think the op has any problem with people driving around them. They drove right over his stuff, I think that would tick you off as well, right
PG

RIGHT! And my biggest issue is, IT WASN'T LIKE we were blocking any main artery to get on and off the ice. We respected the road and the access and setup off to the left of it.

winger7mm

Incase you didnt see i edited my post saying WHAT iv seen out there lol, havent seen much for anyone out there personally

Pincherguy

blah, blah, blah.

npauls
01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
PG

read my earlier posts about not fishing around others or high traffic areas.

He didn't drive over his gear according to the original post he drove between it.

There is a possibility he didn't see a tip up or 2.

Gust
01-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Sooooooooo, how was the fishing?

Pincherguy
01-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Just pointing it out, if you use a term use it properly.

This isn't a school room and you ain't the teacher

gprime27
01-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Don't whine and complain if someone drives through your gear is all I am getting at.

If you are fishing right by an on ice access you are bound to get someone that will cut close to you. You experienced that today. Hopefully next time nothing like that happens but what I am pointing out is that you should look somewhere else down the lake a bit if you don't want that same scenario in future trips.

YES thanks I understand that if you are by an access point that you leave room for people to go around. However, my point is don't go down the middle of all my gear because you just want to be an ass. I'm sure you or anyone else would have just drove around. It wasn't like we were blocking anyone from accessing the lake. IF I was that dumb, fine drive through my gear.. What I hope is that people on this forum would understand that I have enough sense to be out of the way!

brobinson
01-13-2013, 09:33 PM

X2 I don't think there's many people that have a problem with people driving on the lake near you. It's a big difference when some asshat decides to drive between all your stuff. It's a respect thing. And it really dosnt make any sense that everybody on this forum is out to ruin everybody else's day. The guy had a sh**** experience with a jerk at the lake. As outdoorsmen everybody should understand. Testosterone can't really fly on the Internet. It's not high school anymore boys. Stop beaking at each other like children.

gprime27
01-13-2013, 09:34 PM

Well unless you can't see 2 feet of pure orange sticking out of the snow.. you'd have to be pretty color blind. sticks out like a sore thumb.

Pincherguy
01-13-2013, 09:35 PM

read my earlier posts about not fishing around others or high traffic areas.

He didn't drive over his gear according to the original post he drove between it.

could be the op has had lots of luck there in the past, why would he go to a spot where he may not have a s much luck. Even then why not go around when there was room to do so.

bubba 96
01-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Start layin the spike bets down...won't be driving through no more..:scared0015:

Jbone
01-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep

gprime27
01-13-2013, 09:38 PM
could be the op has had lots of luck there in the past, why would he go to a spot where he may not have a s much luck. Even then why not go around when there was room to do so.

Yes, I may or may not have had alot of luck there before.. there was lot of room to go around.

gprime27
01-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Start layin the spike bets down...won't be driving through no more..:scared0015:

Isn't that illegal? :)

Pincherguy
01-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Well unless you can't see 2 feet of pure orange sticking out of the snow.. you'd have to be pretty color blind. sticks out like a sore thumb.

I think that a few guys here have tunnel vision and are not seeing the whole picture, or they have done the same thing and are trying to defend themselves from looking like a dork.
PG

brobinson
01-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Isn't that illegal? :)

WHO CARES!! I bet it'll work!!

gprime27
[QUOTE=gprime27;1799662]Rawr.
. I had my hand on my trusty knife at that time.

Bad ass man:sHa_sarcasticlol:

The knife wouldn't have been used.. I was actually retying my line and cutting off the old line when the guy came driving up at a high rate of speed. I just happened to have my hand on it at the time lol :)

gprime27
I think that a few guys here have tunnel vision and are not seeing the whole picture, or they have done the same thing and are trying to defend themselves from looking like a dork.
PG

Possibly..

Dust1n
01-13-2013, 09:43 PM
The guy with sleds are in the wrong here not Trevor. Lots of people fish right off the main road. Too many idiots now days :thinking-006:

gprime27
01-13-2013, 09:43 PM
WHO CARES!! I bet it'll work!!

a few nails laid upside down in the snow that was just covered with water could look innocent enough in a tire.. :)

EZM
01-13-2013, 09:47 PM
I like ham.

ianwuzhere
01-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Moral of the story:

Its attitudes like this which lead to supidity of concerns such as this..
One word RESPECT!

Id love to see what an ice auger could to do an idiot like that :) with pix of course ;)...

Good on you for cleaning up all the garbage and leaving it a better place.. Being out on a lake ice fishing should be left clean and is a great way to get the sometimes req zen in life..

Dont worry about idiots who are real tuff inside their trucks, the world is full of them!

Speckle55
01-13-2013, 09:55 PM
GPrime27

.. just shake your head and know that there are afew people who are not thinking of what the effects of their actions are and know the Karma will be your reward as it allways is .. i just ignore and fish why let them ruin my day

here is what most of us don,t want as the one angler said lots of times stay away from me

enjoy and smile !!! life is too short to get all worked up

Food for Thought

David:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ca0Oq3IMQ

tacklerunner
01-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Gprime, it's the knife comment that's caused these attacks on you. Comes across like your the man and was gonna slice him up if he got out.

The guy's a dink. Big deal. World's full of them. If your gonna be this upset everytime you run into a dink, you're gonna be pizzed off a lot.

You vented. Life goes on. You'll fish there again. No harm done.

Let it go. No need to keep defending yourself. Chill. :)

Ken07AOVette
01-13-2013, 09:59 PM
I'm sensing a disturbance in the force, lockdown in 5

Gust
01-13-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm sensing a disturbance in the force, lockdown in 5

Juan?!

gprime27
01-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Yes, I typed that in a huff and agree on the knife comment. I should have just stated after the fact that I was using it to cut line etc. agreed.

The guy is a dink and I was just venting and I don't get upset everytime I run across someone like this but, I was pretty ****ed off about it when i got home.

Gprime, it's the knife comment that's caused these attacks on you. Comes across like your the man and was gonna slice him up if he got out.

The guy's a dink. Big deal. World's full of them. If your gonna be this upset everytime you run into a dink, you're gonna be pizzed off a lot.

You vented. Life goes on. You'll fish there again. No harm done.

Let it go. No need to keep defending yourself. Chill. :)

Paul C
01-13-2013, 10:03 PM
:party0052:
X2 plus beer...

BeeGuy
01-13-2013, 10:04 PM
I think you're lucky his buddy stopped him from getting out of the vehicle.

The only person who was the 'bigger man' in this debacle was the guy riding shotgun in the dodge dually.

Paul C
01-13-2013, 10:05 PM
I like ham.
Pork Fat Rulz....

BeeGuy
01-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Juan?!

O-bi-juan

Ken07AOVette
01-13-2013, 10:07 PM
O-bi-juan

Get Juan free?

Lefty-Canuck
01-13-2013, 10:09 PM
"Show them you're a tiger......"

"Show them what you can do....."

"The taste of Tony's frosted flakes......"

"Brings out the tiger in you!"

"RAWWWWR!!"

LC :)

Paul C
01-13-2013, 10:11 PM
"Show them you're a tiger......"

"Show them what you can do....."

"The taste of Tony's frosted flakes......"

"Brings out the tiger in you!"

"RAWWWWR!!"

LC :)

Only if the milk has not soured yet...............................rawwwwwrl.......
The op might had soured milk this a.m....

skaha57
01-13-2013, 10:11 PM
and so the fights start... i hope this is not a sign of future postings on this site...i agree its an open forum but.... you know we can voice our opinions but at the end of the day were really just on here to meet friends, some good chat and maybe a good picture of a fly or a good hunt. I hope we can all keep it that way. Besides i get that S&$t all day at work dont really need it on here...
Have a great evening...

BeeGuy
01-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Get Juan free?

Buy Juan?

Lefty-Canuck
01-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Buy Juan?

Get Juanita free?

LC

Ken07AOVette
01-13-2013, 10:14 PM
and so the fights start... i hope this is not a sign of future postings on this site...i agree its an open forum but.... you know we can voice our opinions but at the end of the day were really just on here to meet friends, some good chat and maybe a good picture of a fly or a good hunt. I hope we can all keep it that way. Besides i get that S&$t all day at work dont really need it on here...
Have a great evening...

A sign of future postings on this site? This is the way it has always been, you are just catching a usual day.

BeeGuy
01-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Have a great evening...

Lots of guys come here to blow off some steam after work.

But not me, I never do that:thinking-006:

BeeGuy
01-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Get Juanita free?

LC

Juan eat a?

baptiste_moose
01-13-2013, 10:16 PM
I had nothing to say just read the soap opera. I have no opionion as I was not there. I will say this though. Don't belittle others. He's done with the post. Don't "gang up" and make fun of him on his thread. Act like the bigger man in the black dodge dually!

Lefty-Canuck
01-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Lots of guys come here to blow off some steam after work.

But not me, I never do that:thinking-006:

Exactly....it is like a writing "fight club" some nights.....but no one gets hurt, just some peoples feelings.....if they have any left :)

LC

Gust
01-13-2013, 10:17 PM
Have a great evening...

give it an hour and the weather will change,,, wait till late march, oooohwee, can you say catty, snarky and downright pms'y (and we're mostly men on here),,, wait till march.

BeeGuy
01-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Exactly....it is like a writing "fight club" some nights.....but no one gets hurt, just some peoples feelings.....if they have any left :)

LC

Feelings?

Must be a liberal...

Pixel Shooter
01-13-2013, 10:20 PM
think we exhausted this one..........