PDA

View Full Version : Newell Info Required

FisherPotch
06-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Hey guys,

A friend and I are heading down in less than two weeks we've been psyched for your Newell trip for along time because we never fish lakes of this size. I've been running searches on the net for awhile in an attempt to be as prepared as possible. Found some B&B's, Provincial park site map and info, Bathy map, Map of drainages and neighboring roads/hiways, etc.

But now I'm in need of some info from local anglers. I don't expect anybody to give up there honey holes (but you can pm me if you really want to LOL :lol: ). I've heard that there are places where a guy could hand balm a boat rather than use the provincial park launch. I can only find the one launch on my maps. If any body could narrow down some points for me where we could launch the boat (by hand) it could really save us some reconnaissance (spelling?) and would be very greatly appreciated. Were looking at fishing in areas along the east and south ends currently, from the provincial park around the bend to the bow slope spillway kind of thing.

Any info is greatly appreciated and if your in the area between June 23 and
30th let me know. Maybe meet up for a beer or even some fishing. Also if there is anyone knowledgeable of the lake that maybe interested in showing us around we would be willing to pay for the services. Say maybe a half day or day of fishing to get us in the right direction, a meal and some beers, shoot the breeze etc. It would be cool to meet some fellows from the forum.

I've heard/read that there are Rainbows and the odd Brown in there but the regs make no mention of them. Any truth to there presence?

My GF also put in on Newell tags this year and her and I will be making a later in the summer. Any recommendations on a B&B that could score me some major points? Any sites or leisurely activities in the area to recommend other than the fishing? Thanks in advance for any help!:)

Cheers,

FisherPotch

KJPFISH
06-11-2008, 01:08 PM
If you haven't already done so, I suggest that you check out the "Newell Update" posts from 6 days ago or further back for some information.

Newell has lots of oil & gas lease roads and trails that allow access to varous locations around the lake, partcularly on the east and south sides. If you have a "cartopper" you should be able to access the water at any number of spots, with some manual effort. The main launch is at the Prov. Park. Just watch the weather as the winds can come up in a hurry and make life in a small boat quite interesting. There is lots of good accomodation in Brooks, with likely some B&B's in the local area - do some research.

Good fishing!