PDA

View Full Version : New Corvette design revealed....

Twisted Canuck
01-14-2013, 08:33 AM
and I like it. Will look forward to seeing them on the showroom floor, and wondering what the price tag looks like.....

http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/01/14/redesigned-chevrolet-corvette-finally-revealed-at-naias/

Get your order in Ken!

Donkey Oatey
01-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Kinda looks like a new gen camaro ran in to a ferrari to me. Not a fan so far. Will have to see how it does on the track and street and how it looks from other angles.

Wonder what Jeremy Clarkson will think of it?

Cyclops
01-14-2013, 08:40 AM
Not bad. I'm definitely not a GM fan but I have to admit that is a nice looking car as is the Camaro. :thinking-006:

rugatika
01-14-2013, 08:46 AM
Hope the price of C6's plummets now. :)

ACKLEY ABE
01-14-2013, 08:46 AM
As with all the previous Corvettes, it will be the car that others compare themselves to.

I'm on my 24th year of owning Vettes. Love em.

FishingMOM
01-14-2013, 09:05 AM
http://nationalpostlife.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/corvette.jpg?w=620
NICE CAR

Ken07AOVette
01-14-2013, 09:22 AM
and I like it. Will look forward to seeing them on the showroom floor, and wondering what the price tag looks like.....

http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/01/14/redesigned-chevrolet-corvette-finally-revealed-at-naias/

Get your order in Ken!
Waaaay ahead of you :)

Hope the price of C6's plummets now. :)

Hear that flushing sound? That is the C6 becoming the new C4, the current joke of the industry.

Okotokian
01-14-2013, 09:26 AM
It's a car old guys think will get them women. LOL :scared0018:

Seriously, haven't seen a person under 40 behind the wheel of a vette in years. And it's not the money. Seen plenty of younger guys in ferarri's, etc.

LOL I'm just giving Ken a dig. Hehehe. I'd drive one in a heartbeat if someone gave me one. But then, I'm OLD! LOL ;)

TRI-MIX
01-14-2013, 09:32 AM
I will take one .In black Please:sHa_shakeshout:

Ken07AOVette
01-14-2013, 09:32 AM

Seriously, haven't seen a person under 40 behind the wheel of a vette in years. And it's not the money. Seen plenty of younger guys in ferarri's, etc.

LOL I'm just giving Ken a dig. Hehehe. I'd drive one in a heartbeat if someone gave me one. But then, I'm OLD! LOL ;)

LOL!

Its the guys under 40 driving them that give us guys over 40 a bad name!

It is THE ultimate touring car for 2 afaiac. Get down into the States where Ludicrous speed is an option, lots of curves, top down.....aaaaaahhhh.
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/P1010032.jpg

DiabeticKripple
01-14-2013, 09:34 AM
I want one. Now.

score
01-14-2013, 11:02 AM
I like it. In my day, I have built a car or two, but in retrospect, wish I would have left them all stock and still had every one. Was alot of fun tho.. :)

podman
01-14-2013, 11:21 AM
I like it a lot.

roger
01-14-2013, 11:49 AM
at first glimpse i see a impregnation of viper..
very nice looking supercar, except for the manual transmision only loses it for me though...why would anyone want to ruin a nice drive with all that shifting...waaaaaa....waaaaaa.....waaaaa..waaa!!

DiabeticKripple
01-14-2013, 11:53 AM
at first glimpse i see a impregnation of viper..
very nice looking supercar, except for the manual transmision only loses it for me though...why would anyone want to ruin a nice drive with all that shifting...waaaaaa....waaaaaa.....waaaaa..waaa!!

Your high. Manual is the way to go on a sports car. None of this flappy paddle bullish!t.

mooseknuckle
01-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Your high. Manual is the way to go on a sports car. None of this flappy paddle bullish!t.

X2 a seven speed no less..... good times!!

JohninAB
01-14-2013, 12:22 PM
450 hp and 450 ft lbs of torque. What is it a grocery getter?

Cripes enough already, give the thing some decent horsepower and torque! Nice looking car ruined with a crap motor.

roger
01-14-2013, 12:28 PM
maybe i am high or maybe not high, but yah thats what everyone thinks i just dont get it. i guess my ego doesnt need padding to surrender control to a program.

for example, built your house with a (manual) hammer and nail, i will use (automatic) air-nailer??

sounds like a new thread (and maybe even a poll) is in order....manual vs auto trannys....:)

roger
01-14-2013, 12:32 PM

Cripes enough already, give the thing some decent horsepower and torque! Nice looking car ruined with a crap motor.

john, id bet they are baiting with a modest motor to create a vacuum in the marketplace, then plopping a 600-700-1000hp etc option in succesive lines..
cant introduce the top-end stuff right away!!
if the 17mach2 was introduced first, before the 17hmr it would have had a much bigger following (IMO)

Ken07AOVette
01-14-2013, 12:49 PM
I loved the paddle shift in my C6. Unless you are 1/4 mile racing or running the dragon, absolutely no need or a clutch. Actually, paddle shift works great there too, unless you are pulling a big heavy trailer in the mountains, there is no need for a clutch.

Reeves1
01-14-2013, 02:37 PM

Sort of what I was thinking. Plus, my Pinto has more HP/TQ !

Tundra Monkey
01-14-2013, 02:38 PM

Opportunity knocking :wave:

Pics or it didn't happen :D

Reeves1
01-14-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm on my 24th year of owning Vettes.

My condolences :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Twisted Canuck
01-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Kinda looks like a new gen camaro ran in to a ferrari to me

Funny, I thought the same thing, but I kinda like the look so far.

CaberTosser
01-14-2013, 05:31 PM
The back glass looks pretty narrow, the side view scream's Ferrari. I agree on the motor being a little underwhelming; heck, I can get a factory station wagon with 125hp more than Chevy's putting in their marquis car.... if I could afford it, that is.

Reeves1
01-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Opportunity knocking :wave:

Pics or it didn't happen :D

http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/pp166/enny043kenny/REEVES%20345/?action=view&current=MVI_3969.mp4

Grizzly Adams
01-14-2013, 06:13 PM

Hey, if you want a real chick magnet, only 44 grand. Former drugmobile. :D Definitely more class than a Vette.

http://www.repocenter.com/details/44763

Ken07AOVette
01-14-2013, 06:29 PM
The back glass looks pretty narrow, the side view scream's Ferrari. I agree on the motor being a little underwhelming; heck, I can get a factory station wagon with 125hp more than Chevy's putting in their marquis car.... if I could afford it, that is.

Drive one.

sako1
01-14-2013, 07:03 PM
I love vettes in general,the 2014 i think looks great.Im not the biggest fan of some of the powertrain changes the general made but overall should be great.Our shop mascot is a '06 Z06,a car that I find hard to beat in performance and styling.

sprinklerdog
01-14-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm not in love with it by the pics so far. I too thought it had that viper look to it from the side shot. I definitely do not like the camaro tai lights on it. I think it also has a bit of Nissan gtr to it as well.
I was talking with a gm rep at a show when we were in Florida last week and they anticipate that pricing will be very similar to what the c6's are/were.
I'll stick with my old one. It owes me nothing and as an antique insurance is only a couple bucks a year!

Geo

sparky660
01-14-2013, 07:45 PM

I bet your Pinto doesn't corner like a vette.:)

Tech
01-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Pretty sure I can build a ferrari kit car for less than what GM's going to want for theirs. They should have just followed ford and made some midsized car their supercar clone. That's a bit more forgivable and funny than making your fast car a supercar clone. That's just kinda sad.

Ken07AOVette
01-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Pretty sure I can build a ferrari kit car for less than what GM's going to want for theirs. They should have just followed ford and made some midsized car their supercar clone. That's a bit more forgivable and funny than making your fast car a supercar clone. That's just kinda sad.

Fierorarri maybe.

And then you can try to sell it in eBay with all the other fiero rarri's for $9999.99.

I love all the hater talk, from guys that have likely never driven a Corvette.

The Gt40 must be an absolute joke, I have never driven one.

cody c
01-14-2013, 08:44 PM

Bingo!!!!

Mid life crisis mobile's as the wife refers to them, but to each their own.

Its not a bad looking car, but it looks like another corvette to me. Its redesigned from the ground up they say, but you woulda had to tell me that to know there's a difference from a 2010. :scared:

Cyclops
01-14-2013, 08:46 PM
http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/pp166/enny043kenny/REEVES%20345/?action=view&current=MVI_3969.mp4

Wow! There's nothing like the roar of a V8! God I love that sound. :sHa_shakeshout:

sparky660
01-14-2013, 08:46 PM

That's funny, the ZL1 out handles and out acclerates many so called European "supercars" costing twice as much and some times more. Most people are to blinded by ignorance to realize that there are a few american made cars that achieve supercar status. The C6 is awesome the C7 will be better.

Cyclops
01-14-2013, 08:49 PM
The Gt40 must be an absolute joke, I have never driven one.

Neither has anybody else except for a rare few lucky stiffs who are probably in their seventies now. ;)

Just teasing...I know what you meant. :)

sparky660
01-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Bingo!!!!

Mid life crisis mobile's as the wife refers to them, but to each their own.

Its not a bad looking car, but it looks like another corvette to me. Its redesigned from the ground up they say, but you woulda had to tell me that to know there's a difference from a 2010. :scared:

It's no different then what ford does with the Mustang. The 2013 GT500 looks the same as the 2007 or the regular 5.0. Line them up side by side, drop the hammer and the difference is obvious and by a large margin. The improvements go further then cosmetic upgrades.

jackrabbit000
01-14-2013, 09:01 PM
I don't really care...I can't afford one anyways! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

hockey1099
01-14-2013, 09:12 PM
I liked the looks of a lot of the other proposed designs way better. Cant say im a fan of the C7. Too bad because i crashed my C6 this fall and need a new car for spring C7 would have been nice.

Im way under 40 and love the C6's. You really cant buy a cheaper faster car that handles like the Vette. H3ll the magnetic ride suspension got licensed to ferrari so they could use it in their cars.

Z06 is a beast i want one but worry the price will drop drastically when the new ones come out. Plus if your not driving the new model you end up being looked at as the guy that cant afford the new one.

diamond k
01-14-2013, 09:30 PM
Sold my Z06 in the spring and now have to decide what to do. Buy a c6 ZR1 or the new Z06. Thought I was done with vettes but man I miss the zoom zoom. By the way I am under 40 just 2 bust the myth.

Versatile
01-14-2013, 10:01 PM
I wonder how long before Nissan does another ECU flash on the GTR and puts another 2 lengths on the Corvette like last time Chev tried to redesign their super car.

Sorry boys but the domestic make lots of noise but the Japanese got use beat hands down. I mean $30,000 into a GTR and its a Veyron killer for 850,000 less.

Twisted Canuck
01-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Couple different angles here:

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/01/13/detroit-auto-show-upbeat-after-years-of-gloom-makers-of-high-end-vehicles-set-to-tap-into-demand-from-baby-boomers/

I'm not in love with the rear end of it.....:scared:

Ken07AOVette
01-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Sold my Z06 in the spring and now have to decide what to do. Buy a c6 ZR1 or the new Z06. Thought I was done with vettes but man I miss the zoom zoom. By the way I am under 40 just 2 bust the myth.

Ohhhh....ZR1 of course, if you can fit in it.

Cyclops
01-15-2013, 08:23 AM

The rear end is basically the same as the Camaro. I think it's a beautiful car...I'd never own one, being a Ford guy, but it's very nice, probably goes like a scalded cat and handles like a dream. :)

Twisted Canuck
01-15-2013, 08:41 AM
The rear end is basically the same as the Camaro. :)

I think that is why I'm not liking it, too close to the Camaro....the Vette is 'Flagship' and should have a look of it's own, not borrow from the parts bin? I could get over it and change my mind if I saw it in person.....

JB_AOL
01-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Frankly I'm disappointed.

I'm not much of a domestic "supercar" fan, but the average person used to be able to tell the difference between a ferrari and a corvette. I think GM f'd up big time on this. Don't get me wrong, for the money it's a great car. but fit and finish will never be up to the Europeans or Japs.

I'd much rather have a 911 GT3. Nothing and I mean nothing beats the sound of a flat 6 (well maybe an Audi Sport Quattro S1).

quattro (http://youtu.be/7AQmgeMoM0A)

Sledhead71
01-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Frankly I'm disappointed.

I'd much rather have a 911 GT3. Nothing and I mean nothing beats the sound of a flat 6 (well maybe an Audi Sport Quattro S1).

quattro (http://youtu.be/7AQmgeMoM0A)

Ah there is a few that sound a lot better :sHa_shakeshout:

JB_AOL
01-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Ah there is a few that sound a lot better

When I can make any V8 sound like that.. Ummm no.. nothing special.. yawn.. YMMV

Sledhead71
01-15-2013, 09:20 AM
When I can make any V8 sound like that.. Ummm no.. nothing special.. yawn.. YMMV

To each their own, but the rice rocket sounds just don't make my thing ping...

JB_AOL
01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
umm what...

Audi & Porsche, a rice rocket?

(just show how little you actually know about cars..)

Got Juice?
01-15-2013, 09:43 AM

Look, I LOVE Manual transmissions... that being said, flappy paddle is far superior... if it wasn't, F1 and Rallye racing wouldn't use them.

OTOH, 7 speeds, all I can say is ... GIMMIE!!!!!

Still, lipstick on a pig.....OHV engine... no matter what 'lipstick you use' DOD, VVT,FSIDI, it's still a pig underneath.

I'll take mine in BLADE SILVER please.

Got Juice?
01-15-2013, 09:45 AM

True, but who watches their arse while running fast?:sHa_shakeshout:

Sledhead71
01-15-2013, 09:45 AM
umm what...

Audi & Porsche, a rice rocket?

(just show how little you actually know about cars..)

Ah my key wording was "sound", just dosn't do it for me.

JB_AOL
01-15-2013, 09:48 AM
lol.. Guess I need my morning coffee..

DiabeticKripple
01-15-2013, 10:09 AM
I wonder how long before Nissan does another ECU flash on the GTR and puts another 2 lengths on the Corvette like last time Chev tried to redesign their super car.

Sorry boys but the domestic make lots of noise but the Japanese got use beat hands down. I mean $30,000 into a GTR and its a Veyron killer for 850,000 less.

Haha you can't compare aftermarket to stock at all. You could throw 30k into a Z06 and destroy that gtr. If you've got the money you can make any car fast....

Look, I LOVE Manual transmissions... that being said, flappy paddle is far superior... if it wasn't, F1 and Rallye racing wouldn't use them.

Still, lipstick on a pig.....OHV engine... no matter what 'lipstick you use' DOD, VVT,FSIDI, it's still a pig underneath.

Yes it's a faster shift, but do you really feel satisfied driving a computer? I'd rather get a better feel for the car.

Jeremy Clarkson is totally right about flappy paddles. You don't feel like your driving a car, but a computer.

CNP
01-15-2013, 11:27 AM
:sHa_sarcasticlol: Only the Police should have fast cars
:sHa_sarcasticlol: Subject to an examination of a drivers extract, cell phone logs and the concurrence of other selected drivers, a driver may be given a special (restricted) license that allows operators to possess and acquire fast/exotic/luxury vehicles. These vehicle shall only be driven on a government approved race track. Fast/exotic/luxury vehicles shall not be transported under their own power. Fast/exotic/luxury vehicles shall be transported by approved businesses providing towage services. The keys for fast/exotic/luxury vehicles must be transported separately from the vehicle, the vehicle doors must be locked and the vehicle must be secured to the tow vehicle with lockable chains/fasteners. An Authority to Transport fast/exotic/luxury vehicles must be in the possession of the tow truck driver. Fast/exotic/luxury vehicles shall only be towed to government approved race tracks, a licensed garage with licensed mechanics, or a border crossing (for the purposes of transportation to an out of province garage or race track). A GPS position location identifier shall be installed. The purpose of the GPS position location identifier is to report the location of all fast/exotic/luxury vehicles to the police. This GPS shall be operating at all times
:sHa_sarcasticlol: Cars except for above shall have speed governors installed (110 km/h max)
:sHa_sarcasticlol:Close the loophole allowing non-registered vehicle operation on private property
:sHa_sarcasticlol:Close the loophole allowing non-licensed operators on private property

:sHa_sarcasticlol:Purchases of Gasoline/Diesel/Propane must be backed up with the purchaser providing proof of drivers license, veh registration and veh insurance
:sHa_sarcasticlol:A log of petroleum purchases shall be maintained by all sellers of petroleum products
:sHa_sarcasticlol:Fuel within jerry cans is limited to 25 litres. Jerry cans exceeding this size are to be permanently filled with concrete, as to not allow more than 25 litres of fuel within the jerry can. Jerry cans allowing more than 25 litres are prohibited devices.
:sHa_sarcasticlol:Fuel exceeding an octane rating of 87 is a prohibited substance
:sHa_sarcasticlol:Nitrous Oxide is a prohibited substance

edit: I like it so much I started a new thread with this.

Dwils
01-15-2013, 11:36 AM

LOL I love that people think because it is OHV it is low tech. This motor is lighter and far superior to any dohc engine ferrari makes. And for the other comment someone made about it only having 450hp and only 450tq you and 99% of the rest of the population myself included could not drive that car to its potential just as it is coming from the factory!!

Just wait until Motor trend gets there hands on one to do a comparison against the rest and just like the C6 did this new C7 will demolish the rest of the field. I don't know of any other high end sports car that can do what the vette can and still get nearly 30 mpg on the highway either.

Got Juice?
01-15-2013, 05:26 PM
LOL I love that people think because it is OHV it is low tech. This motor is lighter and far superior to any dohc engine ferrari makes. And for the other comment someone made about it only having 450hp and only 450tq you and 99% of the rest of the population myself included could not drive that car to its potential just as it is coming from the factory!!

Just wait until Motor trend gets there hands on one to do a comparison against the rest and just like the C6 did this new C7 will demolish the rest of the field. I don't know of any other high end sports car that can do what the vette can and still get nearly 30 mpg on the highway either.

It's still a pig. End Stop.

They threw around words such as 'International' 'Cutting Edge', 'World Beater', 'Second to none' etc at the introduction.

Tough Cookies, call a spade a spade.

Besides, you can use forked rockers, shaft mounted and STILL get a 4V head using a Cam in block design..... there is NO EXCUSE to be OHV, Cam in block and 2 Valve.....
Heck, the DURAMAX DIESEL makes the same HP, double the torque, better BSFC, with 3200 LESS rpms, and only an 18% weight penalty.
If you really wanted to be cutting edge/worldbeater, why not diesel?

So there is no excuse to be only 2 valve. In fact you can design a 4V DOHC Arrangement on a smallblock running a jackshaft where the old cam used to be, and make it Hivo belt drive.... IF you HAD to.

Think of how easy cam swaps would be..... done in 2 hours VS 12 hours.... change valves, keepers, etc in 4 hours, not 8 hours...

Nope, current engine is not in keeping with the Corvette's new 'International Worldbeating, technological tour de force image' that GM is trying to pitch us.

Got Juice?
01-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Jeremy Clarkson is totally right about flappy paddles. You don't feel like your driving a car, but a computer.

Clarckson is a light loafered tosser.

Whilst he is funny, technology marches on. In an all-out track battle, drag race or what have you, the paddle shift or sequential gearbox wins.

You still get a feel for the car :) In fact a better feel for the overall dynamics because you are not shifting.

I've driven sequentially shifted vehicles, and they are amazing. It's not about tech either, just a better tool.

sparky660
01-15-2013, 07:24 PM
It's still a pig. End Stop.

They threw around words such as 'International' 'Cutting Edge', 'World Beater', 'Second to none' etc at the introduction.

Tough Cookies, call a spade a spade.

Besides, you can use forked rockers, shaft mounted and STILL get a 4V head using a Cam in block design..... there is NO EXCUSE to be OHV, Cam in block and 2 Valve.....
Heck, the DURAMAX DIESEL makes the same HP, double the torque, better BSFC, with 3200 LESS rpms, and only an 18% weight penalty.
If you really wanted to be cutting edge/worldbeater, why not diesel?

So there is no excuse to be only 2 valve. In fact you can design a 4V DOHC Arrangement on a smallblock running a jackshaft where the old cam used to be, and make it Hivo belt drive.... IF you HAD to.

Think of how easy cam swaps would be..... done in 2 hours VS 12 hours.... change valves, keepers, etc in 4 hours, not 8 hours...

Nope, current engine is not in keeping with the Corvette's new 'International Worldbeating, technological tour de force image' that GM is trying to pitch us.

The ZR1 is a push rod V8 making 638 hp and hangs with plenty of porsches and ferraris costing far more. If they offer this horsepower in the new platform it will be a beast. Pretty good for 60 year old technology. Personally if I owned a porcshe or ferrari and an American made pushrod V8 costing half as much as my european car and kicked my arse on a road course I would be embarrased. All that technology and money and they can't keep up, sad really.

Got Juice?
01-15-2013, 07:43 PM
The ZR1 is a push rod V8 making 638 hp and hangs with plenty of porsches and ferraris costing far more. If they offer this horsepower in the new platform it will be a beast. Pretty good for 60 year old technology. Personally if I owned a porcshe or ferrari and an American made pushrod V8 costing half as much as my european car and kicked my arse on a road course I would be embarrased. All that technology and money and they can't keep up, sad really.

Ah, but wait, now you are talking apples and aurangatans....

Forced induction on a 6.2L engine using Rallye specd FIA from 1985 gives a displacement equivalent of a 9L engine. (1.45 EQ Ratio)

Ferrari et al is doing more with less displacement.

And if you really want high tech, turbos, not superchargers.

PS, what ROAD RACE allows a supercharged engine'd Vette to Race against a naturally aspirated Ferrari??? (hint:none)

The argument is spurious. Still a pig with lipstick.

Imagine what a 6.2L DOHC Engine with DOD, TSFI, VVT and 8500 rpm redline would make. even a CONSERVATIVE HP Rating with the LT1's 11.5:1 Compression ratio (based on a torque figure of 450lbs-ft) would be in excess of 725 Bhp

HP= TQxRPM/5250 ((450x8500/5250))

Then it would truly be 'World Class'

And the music of an 8500 rpm smallblock? I think I just wet myself.....

Got Juice?
01-15-2013, 07:51 PM
For the Record. My STOCK engine'd Duramax EXT Cab Long Box 4x4 would EAT the ZR1's lunch in a 1/4 mile dragrace.

I added another turbo (twin compounds) some added 1's and 0's in the ECM and did a shift kit in the transmission.

All out launch leaving the line at 25PSIG in 4x4 I would trip the lights in 11.79 seconds at 135mph. (boost at the 1000' mark was 82PSIG:scared0018:)

Not too bad for a truck weighing in at 7680lbs.

Redline was also stock at 3250rpms, rearend was stock 3.73's

Turbos, Diesel, and weighing a heck of a lot more than a Vette....

Some sources do credit the ZR1 with sub 11 second times, but still....

hockey1099
01-15-2013, 07:57 PM
For the Record. My STOCK engine'd Duramax EXT Cab Long Box 4x4 would EAT the ZR1's lunch in a 1/4 mile dragrace.

I added another turbo (twin compounds) some added 1's and 0's in the ECM and did a shift kit in the transmission.

All out launch leaving the line at 25PSIG in 4x4 I would trip the lights in 11.79 seconds at 135mph. (boost at the 1000' mark was 82PSIG:scared0018:)

Stock ZR-1 will run 10.6 on stock tires thats from the show room to the track. Slight mods and your in the 9's. Thats insane for a daily driver.

Got Juice?
01-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Stock ZR-1 will run 10.6 on stock tires thats from the show room to the track. Slight mods and your in the 9's. Thats insane for a daily driver.

I stand corrected :)

Just think of reducing the weight of my old truck by 4000 lbs would do....:scared0018:

You can never have enough power.... never.... I tried to stop once, but the addiction is too hard to resist.

hockey1099
01-15-2013, 08:08 PM
I stand corrected :)

Just think of reducing the weight of my old truck by 4000 lbs would do....:scared0018:

You can never have enough power.... never.... I tried to stop once, but the addiction is too hard to resist.

Nope power is addictive. Take a ZR-1 and crank the boost and put some slicks on and your flying.

My C6 mostly stock (lots of bolt ons no internal mods) could run between 11.9-12.8 depending on driver error (LOL). Raced a few trucks that surprised the h#ll out of me.

Thank god i only weighed 3000lbs.

Sledhead71
01-15-2013, 09:00 PM

Nope it won't.... Stock tires very lucky to get 11.3 at 130.

My old school 69 runs that :)

FUGARWE
01-15-2013, 09:40 PM
I think they did an ok job. It looks like the Camero. I think it looks a lot like the Marcos, if anyone is familiar with those cars they are an English Sports car that was revamped a few years ago by a Canadian guy. They used the Corvette power plant. I have a couple of Vette's and my baby is a 1969 427 numbers matching. I overall think they did an "ok" job on this new model. But like the title says its no 1969! LOL

Cyclops
01-15-2013, 09:53 PM

For the record...BS! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

sparky660
01-15-2013, 09:56 PM

I agree, some that can drive a car might get 11 flat while most will get 11.5 to 11.8.

Got Juice?
01-15-2013, 09:59 PM
For the record...BS! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

No BS. Spokane Raceway Park. I'd have to dig up the timeslips, but it sure isn't BS Buckwheat, on that last pass in 2005 I ate a VIPER for lunch. Sure was tasty! (owner was not happy but that's another story...he beat me to the timing shack with better brakes, but even that didn't get him the coveted white slip.)

Even considering the soft 2.6 sec 60' time.... it's still awesome. I might build another someday. My ultimate would be a Reg Cab LB (and chop the rear)
Twins, programming, transmission, CAGE, and see what a 5600lb truck could do.

Obviously Cyclops, you either 1. Don't know what my old truck was capable or 2.Think you know what a diesel can or can't do (but really don't) which is far more telling.

Cyclops
01-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Even considering the soft 2.6 sec 60' time.... it's still awesome. I might build another someday. My ultimate would be a Reg Cab LB (and chop the rear)
Twins, programming, transmission, CAGE, and see what a 5600lb truck could do.

Obviously Cyclops, you either 1. Don't know what my old truck was capable or 2.Think you know what a diesel can or can't do (but really don't) which is far more telling.

You said 'stock engine'. I maintain my previous BS. :)

Got Juice?
01-15-2013, 10:10 PM
You said 'stock engine'. I maintain my previous BS. :)

And you are full of the S part.

My ECLB 4x4 Duramax's engine was stock. Never touched the heads, cams, pistons, rods... nada, zip ,zilch

An extra hairdryer and better programming and transmission work.

Versatile
01-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Haha you can't compare aftermarket to stock at all. You could throw 30k into a Z06 and destroy that gtr. If you've got the money you can make any car fast....

You missed the point. Thanks for trying though

Versatile
01-15-2013, 11:08 PM

That was the car GM made to beat the GTR and nissan gave them the big F'U with a ECU reflash and a little more boost. No need to completely revamp a car or put any new parts on.

GMC = Fail

I wonder how long until the street are filled with this new 2014 model like they are with every other corvette version in the summer. :angry3:

Got Juice?
01-15-2013, 11:28 PM
That was the car GM made to beat the GTR and nissan gave them the big F'U with a ECU reflash and a little more boost. No need to completely revamp a car or put any new parts on.

GMC = Fail

I wonder how long until the street are filled with this new 2014 model like they are with every other corvette version in the summer. :angry3:

I still love my C6! That being said I do want to see the new car in the flesh when it comes out.

I would like ot think GM hasn't finalized HP/TQ numbers on the 'pig' (lol) yet... simply because they want to get it right the first time, and not get beaten like a red headed stepchild form the word go.

The Chassis really intrigues me.... as does the EDL in the rear... it's all in the details I suppose.

Then again, If I can find a C6 Roller with a blown motor cheap, I will not look at a C7... I will place a Duramax engine into it, and have South Bend build me a clutch......

Good grief, even with a stock turbo, 500RWHP (580flywheel sae net) and 890 RWTQ.....

Add another turbo....... change the programming, and 800RWHP, 1280RWTQ Monster....

that will probably nuke rearends faster than smarties are consumed at fat camp....

sprinklerdog
01-15-2013, 11:35 PM
I will add that when you compare bang for your buck, this is a sweet ride and it is readily available. With that, parts and mods are also readily available and not on a slow boat from China. The fact that these also come with a full 3 year warranty which can be extended is a bonus. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Ferrari and Lamborghini only have a 1 year 20k mile warranty.
If I drive my current toy lots in a season, I will get 2000kms on it. I'd be some peeved if I laid out 150 grand for a toy that broke in my second summer and was out of warranty.

Geo

hockey1099
01-15-2013, 11:39 PM

Google ZR-1 and quarter mile. I dont own a ZR-1 but i have seen plenty of videos and slips of guys running 10.6-10.7 on stock tires running between 130-133mph.

9.8's with boost mods. A Z06 will run 11.3 the ZR-1 is another beast.

hockey1099
01-15-2013, 11:43 PM
I still love my C6! That being said I do want to see the new car in the flesh when it comes out.

I would like ot think GM hasn't finalized HP/TQ numbers on the 'pig' (lol) yet... simply because they want to get it right the first time, and not get beaten like a red headed stepchild form the word go.

The Chassis really intrigues me.... as does the EDL in the rear... it's all in the details I suppose.

Then again, If I can find a C6 Roller with a blown motor cheap, I will not look at a C7... I will place a Duramax engine into it, and have South Bend build me a clutch......

Good grief, even with a stock turbo, 500RWHP (580flywheel sae net) and 890 RWTQ.....

Add another turbo....... change the programming, and 800RWHP, 1280RWTQ Monster....

that will probably nuke rearends faster than smarties are consumed at fat camp....

It would be cheaper to just buy a Z06 from the states and get a twin turbo kit. There was one for sale on the auto trader this year with that set up pushing 800 rwhp for like $70,000.00. Thank god for traction control.

Got Juice?
01-15-2013, 11:48 PM
I will add that when you compare bang for your buck, this is a sweet ride and it is readily available. With that, parts and mods are also readily available and not on a slow boat from China. The fact that these also come with a full 3 year warranty which can be extended is a bonus. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Ferrari and Lamborghini only have a 1 year 20k mile warranty.
If I drive my current toy lots in a season, I will get 2000kms on it. I'd be some peeved if I laid out 150 grand for a toy that broke in my second summer and was out of warranty.

Geo

I used my Vette as a Daily Driver this past summer.... ahhhh what fun!
Great mileage, economical to insure, buuuut it did eat an alternator, which was easy to replace.

The Harmonic balancer on the other hand.... might be going to the dealer for that one..... taking out a steering rack is not my idea of a good time.

Got Juice?
01-15-2013, 11:51 PM
It would be cheaper to just buy a Z06 from the states and get a twin turbo kit. There was one for sale on the auto trader this year with that set up pushing 800 rwhp for like $70,000.00. Thank god for traction control.

I hear that. But it would be unique.

Heck my old DD/Race Duramax would see 20 miles per US Gallon.

Now, place that engine in a lighter package, detune to 500 RWHP, and it would get????

30 miles per US Gallon?

BSFC is related to weight, and torque helps to negate BSFC based on horsepower needed (unit work rate) of the motor.... in a lightweight chassis.... it makes my head spin to wonder what it would be like. Of course, the real 'james bond' smokescreen on demand would be sorta:sHa_shakeshout: as well

Ken07AOVette
01-15-2013, 11:58 PM
I love the corvette vs ferrari argument, spend 4-6x as much on a low end Ferrari, then 60g yearly on maintenance.

Pass.

hockey1099
01-15-2013, 11:59 PM
I hear that. But it would be unique.

Heck my old DD/Race Duramax would see 20 miles per US Gallon.

Now, place that engine in a lighter package, detune to 500 RWHP, and it would get????

30 miles per US Gallon?

BSFC is related to weight, and torque helps to negate BSFC based on horsepower needed (unit work rate) of the motor.... in a lightweight chassis.... it makes my head spin to wonder what it would be like. Of course, the real 'james bond' smokescreen on demand would be sorta:sHa_shakeshout: as well

Whats the Duramax weigh? If it weighs more the the LS3 your replacing its gonna throw off the handling of the car.

Id love to get an LS7 and drop it in a 69 camaro. Basically make a 2013 1969 camaro with all the benefits of a modern car. IF only i had a spare $120,000 to build a car worth 50k

Got Juice?
01-16-2013, 01:46 AM
Whats the Duramax weigh? If it weighs more the the LS3 your replacing its gonna throw off the handling of the car.

Id love to get an LS7 and drop it in a 69 camaro. Basically make a 2013 1969 camaro with all the benefits of a modern car. IF only i had a spare $120,000 to build a car worth 50k

830 lbs for a Duramax. LS2 Appx 500lbs. A lot of the weight on the car is behind the front axle, buuut 300lbs is 300 lbs (cast Iron block making up the bulk of the difference)

So, I estimate that 190 more lbs would be in the front, and 11o in the rear.

CaberTosser
01-16-2013, 07:41 AM
Regarding the perspective that the cam-in-block pushrod design is sorely antiquated I used to think the same thing. I was reading probably Car & Driver a couple of years ago and they were interviewing the GM chief engineer responsible for the Corvettes power train and the questions was posed to him why does the Vette not have a fancy DOHC set-up. While I can't recall all of the reasons he provided, I do recall they were quite sound. One certainly was weight distribution, with the DOHC assemblies being top-heavy, which is undesireable from a handling perspective, another was overall weight. Packaging considerations also play a part simply fitting it all in. I know I'm missing some of the "why didn't I realize that?" points that this engineer noted, but it was an eye opener to me at the time.

Dwils
01-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Ah, but wait, now you are talking apples and aurangatans....

Forced induction on a 6.2L engine using Rallye specd FIA from 1985 gives a displacement equivalent of a 9L engine. (1.45 EQ Ratio)

Ferrari et al is doing more with less displacement.

And if you really want high tech, turbos, not superchargers.

PS, what ROAD RACE allows a supercharged engine'd Vette to Race against a naturally aspirated Ferrari??? (hint:none)

The argument is spurious. Still a pig with lipstick.

Imagine what a 6.2L DOHC Engine with DOD, TSFI, VVT and 8500 rpm redline would make. even a CONSERVATIVE HP Rating with the LT1's 11.5:1 Compression ratio (based on a torque figure of 450lbs-ft) would be in excess of 725 Bhp

HP= TQxRPM/5250 ((450x8500/5250))

Then it would truly be 'World Class'

And the music of an 8500 rpm smallblock? I think I just wet myself.....

Enough of your drivel about how the DOHC is so superior. As for the forced induction corvette being aloud to race the naturally aspirated ferrari your are correct it is not permitted. I do recall however the C5R which was based on the Z06 absolutely dominating the le mans series winning what 5 times in 6 years against vastly superior ferarri dohc powered cars? Ferarris are ok but lets face it for the money they better be. Dollar for dollar the corvette is very tough to beat.

As for your comments about your twin turbo duramax truck I am sure it goes very good - in a straight line. You also say that the diesel is 'only' 330lbs heavier than the LS3. Man get a grip!! 330lbs is like 10% of the cars weight it is massive when talking about a high performance sports car. Now if all you are talking about is going in a straight line it does not make as much difference. I bet the turbo lag on your twin turbo setup in a road race/course would just widen the gap, with the corvette way out in front naturally! ;)

And don't even get me started on modified. For 80k you can buy a new grandsport with the Z51 package and for around another 50k Hennesey can turn your 430hp vette into a 1000 or even 1200hp animal that would crush any GTR with any mods. All with the 'pig' pushrod engine. LOL

Cyclops
01-16-2013, 08:37 AM
And you are full of the S part.

My ECLB 4x4 Duramax's engine was stock. Never touched the heads, cams, pistons, rods... nada, zip ,zilch

An extra hairdryer and better programming and transmission work.

You are the one that is clearly full of the s part and more than a little rude. An extra turbo equals NOT STOCK and I'm done talking to you. :snapoutofit: Some people's children. :kick:

Sledhead71
01-16-2013, 09:00 AM
And don't even get me started on modified. For 80k you can buy a new grandsport with the Z51 package and for around another 50k Hennesey can turn your 430hp vette into a 1000 or even 1200hp animal that would crush any GTR with any mods. All with the 'pig' pushrod engine. LOL

Ah Hennessey :) Here is the Camaro I purchased that started with 600 plus, never even drove it other than loading into the trailer...

Hennessey did a great job putting this one together, I am just in the final stages of puting it all back together, going to eat pretty much anything around this area..

Sledhead71
01-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Google ZR-1 and quarter mile. I dont own a ZR-1 but i have seen plenty of videos and slips of guys running 10.6-10.7 on stock tires running between 130-133mph.

9.8's with boost mods. A Z06 will run 11.3 the ZR-1 is another beast.

Strike 2, Road and Track states 11.5 at 129 with stock tires... There are a few videos stating your claim but them aint stock tires....

Had the privy of playing with the ZR-1 at the track last season, my 69 with a stroker pulled harder and was quicker than the Vette.

Dwils
01-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Ah Hennessey :) Here is the Camaro I purchased that started with 600 plus, never even drove it other than loading into the trailer...

Hennessey did a great job putting this one together, I am just in the final stages of puting it all back together, going to eat pretty much anything around this area..

Congrats on a great looking and what should be a total blast to drive car!

Got Juice?
01-16-2013, 02:23 PM
You are the one that is clearly full of the s part and more than a little rude. An extra turbo equals NOT STOCK and I'm done talking to you. :snapoutofit: Some people's children. :kick:

Buddy, you started in with the 'BS' comments. That is yours, so own it like a man.:love0025:

Got Juice?
01-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Regarding the perspective that the cam-in-block pushrod design is sorely antiquated I used to think the same thing. I was reading probably Car & Driver a couple of years ago and they were interviewing the GM chief engineer responsible for the Corvettes power train and the questions was posed to him why does the Vette not have a fancy DOHC set-up. While I can't recall all of the reasons he provided, I do recall they were quite sound. One certainly was weight distribution, with the DOHC assemblies being top-heavy, which is undesireable from a handling perspective, another was overall weight. Packaging considerations also play a part simply fitting it all in. I know I'm missing some of the "why didn't I realize that?" points that this engineer noted, but it was an eye opener to me at the time.

Certainly good points Caber. The last point could be block stiffness.
It appears that GM seems to wear the OHV Configuration like some kind of war wound, then proceed to chant 'world class' so loud and so long as to brainwash people into believing it.

I have a smallblock powered Vette. And she does get up and move.
But the OHV engines, just don't have that eagerness to rev that OHC engines do. And it's a shame, really that we couldn't get at least 4 valve heads (you can still keep your pushrods)

Got Juice?
01-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Enough of your drivel about how the DOHC is so superior. As for the forced induction corvette being aloud to race the naturally aspirated ferrari your are correct it is not permitted. I do recall however the C5R which was based on the Z06 absolutely dominating the le mans series winning what 5 times in 6 years against vastly superior ferarri dohc powered cars? Ferarris are ok but lets face it for the money they better be. Dollar for dollar the corvette is very tough to beat.

As for your comments about your twin turbo duramax truck I am sure it goes very good - in a straight line. You also say that the diesel is 'only' 330lbs heavier than the LS3. Man get a grip!! 330lbs is like 10% of the cars weight it is massive when talking about a high performance sports car. Now if all you are talking about is going in a straight line it does not make as much difference. I bet the turbo lag on your twin turbo setup in a road race/course would just widen the gap, with the corvette way out in front naturally! ;)

Well thought out points. Although the Twins had zero lag in compounds stock over S475 Once the stocker hit 9 PSIG the s475 was limited to 27 psig

I realize there is only so much $$$ available when making a new car and a new statement. Since GM started the project in 2007 I had pretty high hopes on a change in the engine department.
Keep the small block, give us 4 valve heads :)

Part of the demographic that GM misses in sales are the Gen (flavour of the week crowd)
Words that wow those buyers into showrooms ATTESSA AWD, EDL TDC V and all that whizbang crap.
These buyers WANT DOHC, They WANT an 8000RPM redline, They WANT turbos, they WANT AWD

And here GM tries to make a case to swing them into a Vette, and they give them none of those buzzwords the kids fling around in the streets and shopping malls.
Ask any one of them what any of the acronyms mean, and they look at you with a blank stare. Attessa was one such word I had listened to. And none of them knew it was a chassis term, they thought it was to do with the Vvti!!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Kids these days are spec junkies. They race 'specs', I doubt any one of them has ever gone to a real racetrack to know what it takes to REALLY cut a sub 11 second time. Or even sub 12.

And no, Video games do not count.

And racing specs is just like bench racing arguments.

'The bs stops when the green flag drops'

DiabeticKripple
01-16-2013, 02:51 PM

1. your not stock engine. stock block yes but not stock engine. big difference.

2. stock zr1 1/4 mile is 11.2 (wikipedia) and you say you trip it at 11.79. so really who is eating whos lunch? .5s is a big difference

Got Juice?
01-16-2013, 03:14 PM
1. your not stock engine. stock block yes but not stock engine. big difference.

2. stock zr1 1/4 mile is 11.2 (wikipedia) and you say you trip it at 11.79. so really who is eating whos lunch? .5s is a big difference

Stock engine. There were NO modifications to the engine. Heads were even stock.

The stock turbo was modded to feed the exhaust turbine of the S475, and then the compressor sections linked , big to small (compounds).

But other than drilling the oil pan for a new oildrain off the S475, and a bit of piping, the motor proper was untouched. (heck even ran the stock exhaust for 6 months!

As for #2, yes the current vette WITH LAUNCH CONTROL would have me in the 1/4 mile

Keep in mind I was running these times in 2003-5!

Here is a buddy of mine racing, And I proudly can say he has surpassed what I thought was possible to do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FDF1GNtCvw

hockey1099
01-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Strike 2, Road and Track states 11.5 at 129 with stock tires... There are a few videos stating your claim but them aint stock tires....

Had the privy of playing with the ZR-1 at the track last season, my 69 with a stroker pulled harder and was quicker than the Vette.

Did you drive it? Edmonton Motors wouldnt let me have a test drive. Ya i asked. They were gonna give me a great deal on it but i didnt want to buy the car in september just to store it for the winter. My C6 is no more after it was written off.

Road and track and motor trend arent the be all and end all of Drivers.

Im sure your on a corvette form as i am. Guys are running 10.6-10.7 in stock ZR-1's. some guys are running 12's. Some guys can drive some guys cant. Maybe those slips and vids are faked, maybe they replaced the tires, in any event you can run 10's in that car without popping the hood. I have no reason do doubt a guy who says his tires are stock but hey i dont own a ZR-1and havent ran a 10 second pass in one.

Atmosphere, track conditions, temperature all play a part. Get a good Launch on the right day and you can run 10 something. Get a bad launch miss a shift and youll look like a clown running 13's.

mooseknuckle
01-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Did you drive it? Edmonton Motors wouldnt let me have a test drive. Ya i asked. They were gonna give me a great deal on it but i didnt want to buy the car in september just to store it for the winter. My C6 is no more after it was written off.

Im sure your on a corvette form as i am. Guys are running 10.6-10.7 in stock ZR-1's. some guys are running 12's. Some guys can drive some guys cant. Maybe those slips and vids are faked, maybe they replaced the tires, in any event you can run 10's in that car without popping the hood. I have no reason do doubt a guy who says his tires are stock but hey i dont own a ZR-1and havent ran a 10 second pass in one.

Atmosphere, track conditions, temperature all play a part. Get a good Launch on the right day and you can run 10 something. Get a bad launch miss a shift and youll look like a clown running 13's.

good points not everyone can drive. another element is altitude, affects things big time!!

Sledhead71
01-16-2013, 06:37 PM

We had a fun day at the track with a variety of wheels. Ya I made a couple passes with the Vette, nice for sure but at the end of the day I decided to go a different direction, hence the Hennessey. I will still be under the sticker price of the Vette and will have a few hundred ponies to my advantage when its back together.

The 10's you refer to were ran with radial slicks, not stock tires and good conditions. My 69 ran between 11.09 to 11.18 depending who ran it. Vette was all over the place, best if I remember was 11.38.

Too each their own, but those who think they will slap the cash down on the ZR-1 and run with the big dogs are dreaming.

Looking forward to this summer and seeing what the Hennessey will actually do on the track.

hockey1099
01-16-2013, 07:21 PM
We had a fun day at the track with a variety of wheels. Ya I made a couple passes with the Vette, nice for sure but at the end of the day I decided to go a different direction, hence the Hennessey. I will still be under the sticker price of the Vette and will have a few hundred ponies to my advantage when its back together.

The 10's you refer to were ran with radial slicks, not stock tires and good conditions. My 69 ran between 11.09 to 11.18 depending who ran it. Vette was all over the place, best if I remember was 11.38.

Too each their own, but those who think they will slap the cash down on the ZR-1 and run with the big dogs are dreaming.

Looking forward to this summer and seeing what the Hennessey will actually do on the track.

What car/cars do you have? Hennessey makes performance mods for a lot of rides. Do you have the venom?

Even if your right about the tires. The ZR-1 is pretty impressive running 10's with radial slicks. Thats a full warrenty car.

Sledhead71
01-16-2013, 08:27 PM
What car/cars do you have? Hennessey makes performance mods for a lot of rides. Do you have the venom?

Even if your right about the tires. The ZR-1 is pretty impressive running 10's with radial slicks. Thats a full warrenty car.

Have a few sets of wheels actually :) Just purchased a Hennessey Camaro, unloaded it from the trailer and started pulling wrenches. Added a little more leg to it as well and have not even drove the car..

Going to keep the Hennessey badges on it and wait till a ZR-1 wants a lesson :)

hockey1099
01-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Have a few sets of wheels actually :) Just purchased a Hennessey Camaro, unloaded it from the trailer and started pulling wrenches. Added a little more leg to it as well and have not even drove the car..

Well you have a few months to put it back together. Wont find many ZR-1's cruising around to spank though. I wonder how much the Hennessey Zr-1 goes for?

ACKLEY ABE
01-17-2013, 07:00 AM
My condolences :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Be nice, it's been 24 years of seeing most cars in my rear view mirror. :)

I love big blocks......

CaberTosser
01-17-2013, 07:32 AM
Stock engine. There were NO modifications to the engine. Heads were even stock.

The stock turbo was modded to feed the exhaust turbine of the S475, and then the compressor sections linked , big to small (compounds).

But other than drilling the oil pan for a new oildrain off the S475, and a bit of piping, the motor proper was untouched. (heck even ran the stock exhaust for 6 months!

As for #2, yes the current vette WITH LAUNCH CONTROL would have me in the 1/4 mile

Keep in mind I was running these times in 2003-5!

Here is a buddy of mine racing, And I proudly can say he has surpassed what I thought was possible to do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FDF1GNtCvw

Even the high school kid has corrected you and you haven't clued in. I'll repeat what he told you; you're referring to having a stock long block in your truck, but you can't seem to see beyond your aftermarket compound turbo set-up: that's part of your engine. Want proof? Remove said components without installing anything back in their place and see if it runs; they're part of your motor/engine/powerplant. By the same 'logic' you are touting, for comparison purposes the Corvette you are comparing times with should be able to have all manner of modification to the engine short of any changes to the long block assembly. Lets put some compound turbos on it with huge intercoolers and some supplementary methanol injectors next to the NAWSZZ bottle and see who wins.... Same concept as you're touting.

I know diesels are wonderfully tunable, but seriously, if you want to compare stock vehicles, it helps to make sure they're actually both stock. Use better tires & lower the tire pressure for better hook-up sure, but leave it at that.

Sledhead71
01-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Well you have a few months to put it back together. Wont find many ZR-1's cruising around to spank though. I wonder how much the Hennessey Zr-1 goes for?

For reference purposes, there was a 2012 Hennessey 1000 Hp Camaro delivered to Calgary last year, special order for 110 K. No warranty.

So a 110 clams per horse is pretty damn good.. The 600 and 650 are about 125 per horse due to the base price of the Camaro.. These figures are on the 2 SS models, full load..

Dwils
01-17-2013, 10:56 AM

lol you should be able to teach a ZR1 a lesson in a straightline but in the twisties (on a racetrack) the ZR1 would pull ahead the weight penalty between the 2 is just to great. I think the biggest bang for the buck would be the ZL1 camaro with the hennessey 700hp package. 55k for the car and 20k ish for the upgrade. It would be a bit of a sleeper (well as much as a ZL1 is a sleeper!!) and you would still get the MR suspension. Still be quite a bit heavier but not like we have an abundance of road course racetracks around anyhow.

hockey1099
01-17-2013, 11:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2EsAz2GCHo&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woOqqfGtqHo&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDA2mrdpR7s&feature=player_embedded

Some guys can drive the ZR-1. Why cant i like the new body style? No point in buying a vette thats not the new style until its 40 years old. Uggh

roger
01-17-2013, 11:09 AM
i have CTS now but my target whip is a 2013 cadillac CTS-v sedan with 556 hp in white or black...if that dont do it for me...nothing will.

gotta love the new stuff thats being made..how long ago (1980's) was 500hp was a milestone that a few street machines could bear and a 1000hp was reserved for dragsters..
add some cleavage somewhere and this thread would be over the top!:)

Sledhead71
01-17-2013, 11:32 AM
lol you should be able to teach a ZR1 a lesson in a straightline but in the twisties (on a racetrack) the ZR1 would pull ahead the weight penalty between the 2 is just to great. I think the biggest bang for the buck would be the ZL1 camaro with the hennessey 700hp package. 55k for the car and 20k ish for the upgrade. It would be a bit of a sleeper (well as much as a ZL1 is a sleeper!!) and you would still get the MR suspension. Still be quite a bit heavier but not like we have an abundance of road course racetracks around anyhow.

By the end of the month, I'll be pushing over 800 :sHa_shakeshout:

Would be nice to have a road course to play on, but not going to happen in my life time..