PDA

View Full Version : Finished my first lake trout mount

keep6matt
01-14-2013, 08:51 AM
Good morning everyone, just wanted some straight up, honest opinions on the first lake trout mount I just finished. Thanks...have a great day!

Kevwood
01-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Looks good....Nice Job!!

BeeGuy
01-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Can you post some close-ups of the head and side?

Do you have a higher res image of that shot?

Kinda hard to make out the details...

Definitely looks like a laker though!

Great job for a first try.

Did you airbrush the pattern on the side of the body?

BeeGuy
01-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Again, it's kinda hard to tell from the pic quality but as far as criticism, I think the dorsal and anal fin, and tail are far too dark compared to the overall colour scheme and tone.

I really like the pectoral, and pelvic fins and overall colour scheme.

Adipose fin is awesome.:sHa_shakeshout:

keep6matt
01-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Again, it's kinda hard to tell from the pic quality but as far as criticism, I think the dorsal and anal fin, and tail are far too dark compared to the overall colour scheme and tone.

I really like the pectoral, and pelvic fins and overall colour scheme.

Adipose fin is awesome.:sHa_shakeshout:

Thanks for the critiques BeeGuy, now looking at it with reviewing many other laker pics from the web, I do need to yellow them up and will definitely take some closer pics with a good camera. Thanks again for your valued opinion. Next few projects is a 15.5 inch arctic grayling I got last season, a 22lb northern pike for a good friend. Next post is a northern I did for myself (18 lber). Oh btw I did freehand pattern with an airbrush, no stencils as it looks more natural that way.

keep6matt
01-14-2013, 09:38 AM
This is my 18 lber Northern I did for myself, first one (thought I`d snap a few pics with my camera phone as its hanging in my office at work) This was definitely a tricky paint job to get that pattern right. Took a few hours :)

Ken07AOVette
01-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Very nice!

keep6matt
01-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Here are some other fish mounts I have done in the past...two perch on my office wall (yes yuchy camera phone pic lol) and a walleye I did for a friend that was 12.5 lbs.

score
01-14-2013, 09:57 AM
I think they are all very nice!! Being that you are just learning, doesn't make any difference as I'm sure that you will be your own best critic. I think they are awesome. Very good work. Congrats! :) score.

keep6matt
01-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks score, appreciate the compliment...its a learning process as I took it up long ago while growing up on a farm making some side cash doing fish mounts for the local farmers but been revisiting that hobby the past couple of years and practicing to hone my skills. Actually can`t wait to do my big rainbow (7 lber) and that arctic grayling but sure would love to catch a big brown and tackle that color scheme. Thanks again for all the input as all critiques will make me a better artist. Cheers!