PDA

View Full Version : Lakeland Provincial Parks

SteveY66
01-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Hey guys,

Just wondering what the access to the lakes are?

Are the lakes accessible by quad with all the snow?

BigDaddysToys
01-15-2013, 06:49 PM
I havnt been down the trail but Ive been through LLB and McRae recently. Not nearly as much snow as other places. Im tempted to quad in there this week

kreator
01-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Pouring rain and +7 sure knocked down the snow today. Almost none left. Not sure what it did to the ice, though.

wssmwhistler
01-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Snow is no problem.warm weather and rain took it down a lot yes. But even last week was seeing almost as many quad tracks as sleds old or new

SteveY66
02-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Hey guys,

I am heading up to elinor lake and surronding lakes this whole weekend.

We are taking three quads?

Can we commute on jackson, kinnard, blackett?????

Please help me with info don't want to be dissapointed.

Mike_W
02-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Really can't comment on the conditions if it gets cold I would say no problem just with melting snow I would worry about getting high centered or hitting flood water......3 quads should manage tho.

FishHunterPro
02-13-2013, 12:09 PM
My friend will be in the area at his cabin Friday will get an update then. I'm heading that way Sunday a d going to give cold lake a try Monday and Tuesday .

SteveY66
02-13-2013, 04:23 PM
I am really looking forward to this trip. I hope i dont have to come due to gross flood water everywhere. Last year was great to commute.

Any reports on the fishing? Pinehurst whites?

Blastoff
02-13-2013, 07:40 PM
I am really looking forward to this trip. I hope i dont have to come due to gross flood water everywhere. Last year was great to commute.

Any reports on the fishing? Pinehurst whites?
Hey I have been there the last 3 weekends and seriously quads are having big trouble getting around even with chains. Lots of flood water, actually there is two layers. Also side by sides guys were also getting stuck. Spencer can no longer get around by truck.

SteveY66
02-19-2013, 04:18 PM
UPDATE*****

Headed out to lakeland. Quads are useless and unless you want to work your quad to the max i suggest skidoo only.

Blackett was accessible but barely as more snow stared to fall this weekend.

Kinniard was impossible with quads.

We didnt make it to jackson. Pinehurst was accessible with quads but tonnes of flood water and we stuck to main trail.

Elinor was impossible with quads.

Fishing was slow in all mentioned places.