PDA

View Full Version : Need some help guys :-(

Wispyrr
01-15-2013, 06:43 AM
I was wondering if anyone in around the Grande Prairie area knows of someone who could look at a house foundation and a roof ..It seems like everyone I call can't be available until 2015 :mad3:

long story short after years of being sick ..being on pills and steroids that the doctors handed out cause they didn't know what was wrong...I found out I was in a house with black mold... It not only made me sick but also my pets.

Moved out and fixed that place and sold it because the second I found the mold I was to scared to go back...infact I slept in the truck that night i found it ! Yes I am odd...but that kind of mold really messes with a person.

now after these few years I moved into what should be my dream farm and I am scared to death right now...sick to my stomach that it might happen all over again..I am finally feeling better and thought things were on track but I noticed the guy that built this place didn't leave the shingles long enough so the water could drip into the eaves trough so now water is pouring down.. but on top of that I think the grading beside the house was done wrong ( hard to explain here ) but the foundation is a quad lock but its almost like its not far enough out of the ground...

Well last night I noticed the wood in the basement ceiling is water stained and moist..and this is right above my panel box.. I'm freaking out... I don't want a fire and I am terrified of mold again. I know what needs to be done with the roof but I just cant seem to find anyone that isn't building a new house.

So if any of you knows a company that can do one job or both I would be forever in your debt... as I can't get sleep thinking about this.

Thanks in advance.

tina-marie
01-15-2013, 06:55 AM
You can try an air quality testing company. Talk to your insurance company about the roof being done poorly. If you can find out when the roof was put on, it may still be under warranty.

Iceman4
01-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Maybe try FirstOnSite Restoration or On Side Restoration. They'll have experience with water/flood damage. At the least, they should be able to determine if mould could be an issue and rip out and water damaged material.

Wispyrr
01-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Thanks guys, I went out side to see if I could figure out what was going on, something was adding up. Where its leaking is not the foundation it's above the quad lock . so I looked out side and saw under the deck where the water is getting in between the deck and the house, I'm hoping it is caught on time as I know what the smell of that mold is and so far i can't smell anything and the exposed wall in the furnace/electrical room has no signs of mold on them just wet. The house is only three years old to boot..however I have been pulling teeth to get a list of names from the old owner of who they used. I am fearing they might have done most of it.

I just panic when i see moisture in my home now. seems silly but when you get that sick...you tend to be more alert about it.

Wispyrr
01-15-2013, 08:30 AM
Maybe try FirstOnSite Restoration or On Side Restoration. They'll have experience with water/flood damage. At the least, they should be able to determine if mould could be an issue and rip out and water damaged material.

Do they do just roofs ? Or can they also do the siding and area where the deck is as well and inside the home ?

Thanks again :D

Ken07AOVette
01-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Did you buy through a realtor? Did you have an inspection done? If yes to either, you can go after them.

Twisted Canuck
01-15-2013, 08:44 AM
PM sent.