PDA

View Full Version : fisheries meeting for the red deer river

diamonddave
01-15-2013, 03:01 PM
For those interested AESRD is holding a meeting conserning the red deer river from the Dickson Dam to the Tolman bridge. Wednesday Jan 16th at the Red Deer Legion Branch #35, from 7-9. This is to discuss the long term direction of the fisheries, guidlines and management plan.

diamonddave
01-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Bump

fish gunner
01-16-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm new to red deer where is the legion . Would like to catch this meeting.

diamonddave
01-16-2013, 09:44 AM
2810 bremner ave. By Bower Mall and AMA.

duffy4
01-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Got a note from the AFGA zone 3 director asking if any area F&G people can attend this meeting.

I sure hope someone is able to go so they can report to the next Zone meeting (probably at the Conference in RedDeer) about it.

fish gunner
01-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Approx 25 people turned out , weather may have affected turn out.
After a review of the stake holder input and fisheries data . The public input was given . Concern's with lack of enforcement, habitat issues and public access were the main points . Brown trout numbers dropping and walleye over abundance in part due to pike and rmw harvest were also addressed. A winter closure for all users starting in Nov was also suggested. Jet boat safety concerns were discussed as well as jet boat affects on bank stability was a area of discussion . It would seem the stake holders are spit over brown trout protection and maintaining native species numbers . A limited walleye harvest was put forward on a draw / tag system. Hope others can add more details .
I enjoyed the meeting as a whole and met our own Don Anderson. :)

bobcatguy
01-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Fishgunner pretty much said it all. I also liked the idea of getting help from groups or businesses to help with getting a more accurate count of fish in & fisherpersons on the river.
Duffy ,the past pres of the AFGA was there.