PDA

View Full Version : Cabo Mexico

panko
01-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Anyone been lately and do u know of an english speaking fishing guide going next week and some names would help.Thanks ahead of time

01-15-2013, 07:01 PM
i used to go there when i was a kid my mom still goes in fact she is there now with my uncle for 2 weeks she left on sunday , that place is great for fishing i would say maybe talk to someone up at solmar they have there own fleet , also there is many bars/restaurants around there with english speaking people that would be glad im sure to point u in the right direction .

binnzer32
01-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Anyone been lately and do u know of an english speaking fishing guide going next week and some names would help.Thanks ahead of time

Hey buddy... I have fished there several times.... make sure you ask to go out to the " baitball". Unreal out there

Smore24
01-15-2013, 09:04 PM
J.C. Sportfishing right in Cabo. Jerry is the owner and has a great crew aboard "Bob Marlin". 9 Dorado in November inluding a 5 fish hook up.

DanaS
01-16-2013, 01:08 PM
I just got back from 18 days in Cabo over Christmas and New Years. Went out on boats twice. January 3, went out with Big Papi on the Pacific side for Marlin. Went 3 for 7 on the Marlin that day. The crew was very good and spoke pretty good English (good enough). The boat was very nice and well equipped. January 4, went out on the Sea of Cortez side with Gordo Banks. This was a much cheaper trip on a panga. Boat was safe and adequate and the non English speaking crew was very good. We could communicate enough that they were able to do what I wanted. 1 Wahoo, 6 Dorado, 3 Mackeral, 1 Rooster Fish (my goal for that trip) and 1 Pompano.
The Marlin trip was worth the extra money. Got me what I needed (my first Marlin). The panga trip was a nice alternative. I didn't quite get my fix the first day and pulled the panga trip off at the last minute the night before (after getting back from Marlin fishing). Good times and very good fishing. Both were very good, although different experiences.

rmatei
01-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Fished Cabo many times with Solmar. It is their business so they provide decent boats and crews. The bait ball is a place around the horn heading to the pacific and then north about 5 miles. They have a floating pallet weighed to the bottom. They tied palm fronds to the rope so that it looks like a xmas tree. This attracts the bait fish so the Dorado (Mahi Mahi) hang around it, not really fair chase if you get my drift. If you are really interested in the big billfish find a owner/operator of a single boat, tell him your not interested in a six hour boat ride in the hot sun. Tell him specifically what your looking for and tell him to put you on those fish, and as soon as that's done you can go back home. Did this in Acapulco with the wife. Left the dock at noon, back at the pier by 2:00 pm, caught and released our 2 striped marlin each over 130 lbs. Cost me $400 u.s

CNR
01-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Went out on the Pisces for $600 for 8hrs and 4 of us caught 10 stripe marlin. All of them were in the 130-160lbs range. Here is the boat and crew info off their website

La Brisa
Bare Boat: $580
All Inclusive Package: $695

Captain Rey Winkler and deckhand Salvador Flores: Rey is originally from La Paz and is very honest and forthright; he has been with Pisces for a little over 20 years. He knows all aspects of fishing from inshore, to tuna to marlin. Rey’s English is good. Deckhand Salvador is a lot of fun and a great fisherman speaking quite a bit of English and especially good with children.

panko
01-18-2013, 03:22 PM
thanks everyone