PDA

View Full Version : So What is Queen Allison preparing us Albertans for?

greylynx
01-15-2013, 05:51 PM
For those that read the news, it looks like us Albertans will be taken for another ride by the Red Queen.

Question: How do you think Allison is going to clean us out of more money in the next election?

leeaspell
01-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Could you give a little info for those of us who don't follow the news.
Whatever it is, idvfh lol

Kanonfodder
01-15-2013, 06:04 PM
For those that read the news, it looks like us Albertans will be taken for another ride by the Red Queen.

Question: How do you think Allison is going to clean us out of more money in the next election?

provincial sales tax 5%

hillbillyreefer
01-15-2013, 06:09 PM
provincial sales tax 5%

X2. That will be the final nail in the PCs coffin.

IDNVFH

redcoat01
01-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Reinstatement of Health Care Premiums .........

jhl
01-15-2013, 06:47 PM
a 10% cut to the infrastructure budget for roads and bridge repairs.

Twisted Canuck
01-15-2013, 06:50 PM
A budget surplus based on $180 a barrel oil......:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Barring that, another whopping big deficit, followed by tax increases, provincial sales tax, and spending like a drunken sailer for teachers unions.....

IDVFTBE.......

Ultimate Predator
01-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Like the old days burn red heads at the stake WITCHES!!!!

doetracks
01-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Reinstatement of Health Care Premiums .........

I can see that with utmost certainty.

Dr. Phil A
01-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Deliverance PC Style

Cue the banjos.

Rocky7
01-15-2013, 07:59 PM
She sent around a team of bobbing heads to have "consultations" with Albertan and to consult with all the affected "stakeholders". Now, she will believe she has the cover to do whatever she wants.

ali#1
01-15-2013, 09:37 PM
A sales tax is political suicide in alberta, A spending cut would be a better idea.

Vigilante
01-15-2013, 09:40 PM
A sales tax is political suicide in alberta, A spending cut would be a better idea.

yes, but no one claimed that woman had any good ideas (except maybe her)

IDNVFH

slough shark
01-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Since calling something in tax increase in alberta is political suicide it will be under a different name, or through different channels, get ready for user fees, various premiums and a hefty tax increase at the municipal level as they will off load responsibilities to that level.

HunterDave
01-15-2013, 09:54 PM
Redford is adamant about keeping her campaign promise of no new tax increases so I'll say that a provincial sales tax is out of the question. Any increases brought in will be disguised as something else, the Heritage Fund will get drained and everyone will forget by the next Alberta election. :(

covey ridge
01-15-2013, 10:06 PM

Sales tax would only be political suicide if done just before election. If she got to it right quick like it would give us time to forget and maybe think of it as normal. Last election demonstrated that Albertans were willing to forgive and prefered the devil they know. No offense meant to the devil:sHa_sarcasticlol:

ali#1
01-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Sales tax would only be political suicide if done just before election. If she got to it right quick like it would give us time to forget and maybe think of it as normal. Last election demonstrated that Albertans were willing to forgive and prefered the devil they know. No offense meant to the devil:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Ask George H.W Bush about it

"read my lips" come to mind?

TreeGuy
01-16-2013, 12:56 AM
But think of the billions we'll save by becoming a 'have-not' province. Maybe there's a method to the madness. ;)

Dwils
01-16-2013, 08:46 AM
But think of the billions we'll save by becoming a 'have-not' province. Maybe there's a method to the madness. ;)

Thats it! Now which one of the other provinces can give us money in equilization dollars??

Sooner
01-16-2013, 09:05 AM
everyone will forget by the next Alberta election. :(

Im not too sure about this, i always felt the people wanted the WR to get their feet wet before running things. I felt the next election would be the one where the PC become the opposition. If the WR keeps the fire on their feet and the red queen keeps doing what she is doing, we may just get a new WR government but what will the damage be until then. Everyday that ticks away we are that much closer to the next election. Heath care premiums and tap the heritage fund are givens, the rest? Only the queen knows.

covey ridge
01-16-2013, 10:02 AM
Im not too sure about this, i always felt the people wanted the WR to get their feet wet before running things. I felt the next election would be the one where the PC become the opposition. If the WR keeps the fire on their feet and the red queen keeps doing what she is doing, we may just get a new WR government but what will the damage be until then. Everyday that ticks away we are that much closer to the next election. Heath care premiums and tap the heritage fund are givens, the rest? Only the queen knows.

I wanted a change in governemnt. PC out and WR in. Not so much that I wanted the WR in, but more wanted the PC out. From all that I read and heard the people were fed up with all the chit and arrogance. The good people of Alberta chose to not give the PC the heave. I am not convinced they will do it next time.:(

hockey1099
01-16-2013, 10:37 AM

Think of the money the province will save with american style health care. Dont worry about those health care premiums we wont be paying those with the WR.

densa44
01-16-2013, 10:43 AM
This is a great time to cut stuff you don't like to start with, teachers salaries, Doctors, nurses you get the idea, BUT cut them in WR ridings. Thus you win both ways, you get the spending under control, and those that wanted that in the first place take the hit. In political terms a perfect solution.

For example to-day the CBC announced that Nurse Practitioners in Airdrie and Cochrane are being laid off, it is just a coincidence I'm sure that both locations are in WR ridings. The other beauty of this strategy is how can WR complain, they wanted cuts now they are getting them.

The first pass IMO will be a way to even up old scores.

Mekanik
01-16-2013, 11:05 AM
She sent around a team of bobbing heads to have "consultations" with Albertan and to consult with all the affected "stakeholders". Now, she will believe she has the cover to do whatever she wants.

I can only presume that she was looking for people who agreed with her? I was never personally asked or directed to these obviously publicized meetings. Were you included? Did we miss a memo?

I like cuts. How about we start with MLA's salaries?

Redford is adamant about keeping her campaign promise of no new tax increases so I'll say that a provincial sales tax is out of the question. Any increases brought in will be disguised as something else, the Heritage Fund will get drained and everyone will forget by the next Alberta election. :(

That is the way of things: people have short memories.

This is a great time to cut stuff you don't like to start with, teachers salaries, Doctors, nurses you get the idea, BUT cut them in WR ridings. Thus you win both ways, you get the spending under control, and those that wanted that in the first place take the hit. In political terms a perfect solution.

For example to-day the CBC announced that Nurse Practitioners in Airdrie and Cochrane are being laid off, it is just a coincidence I'm sure that both locations are in WR ridings. The other beauty of this strategy is how can WR complain, they wanted cuts now they are getting them.

The first pass IMO will be a way to even up old scores.

Same old same old. was in Jamaica, one of the parishes I was in voted in a candidate from the opposition. Guess who's road improvements have been "delayed due to budget restraints". I literally saw a road in Moncton that ran between two districts get paved right up to the dividing line and stop at the opposition's disctrict. buying voters with their own tax money is how the system works.

Redfrog
01-16-2013, 11:13 AM
"Think of the money the province will save with american style health care."

So those are the only two options to choose a medical plan from?:thinking-006:

How about all the other countries in the world? Do they have one or the other.

OOOOH! I get it. You said 'American" that should scare everybody.:thinking-006:

Sooner
01-16-2013, 11:13 AM
I wanted a change in governemnt. PC out and WR in. Not so much that I wanted the WR in, but more wanted the PC out. From all that I read and heard the people were fed up with all the chit and arrogance. The good people of Alberta chose to not give the PC the heave. I am not convinced they will do it next time.:(

I voted WR as well but she didnt get many votes in our riding. I am hoping WR gets to run the show next time around. If it doesnt happen on the next election i fear we will be stuck with the same old for a long time.