PDA

View Full Version : Walleye draw summary report question

haywarje
01-16-2013, 10:33 AM
I was looking at the 2012 walleye draw summary on mywildalberta website. I was never very good at math, but can anyone explain to me why the quota's and the percents don't work out in a lot of cases? For example, if you look at the B class for Pigeon Lake, why was there only 811 guys drawn from 1209 applicants if the quota was 2756. Every applicant should have been drawn. And why are the higher priority guys not drawing 100% if they are also giving tags to lower priority guys underneath them? I'm thinking these draw results are showing the guys who incorrectly use the draw system?

Thoughts?

cdkeim
01-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Not sure, but could it be related to some of the applicants recieving a walleye tag or another lake or class(you are allowed to apply for 3) and thus being eliminated from the draw for the other two tags they applied for? I'm sure there may be more to it than just that.

haywarje
01-16-2013, 11:58 AM
I didn't think of that as it states that once you are drawn, your name is removed from successive draws. Still, I think you may be right if they are keeping the #'s of applicants in there. Thanks for the reply!