PDA

View Full Version : the narrows buffalo lake (stettler)

Hollingsworth
01-18-2013, 05:00 AM
Can a guy access buffalo lake from the narrows campground. Any info would be great. Thanks

Hunter Trav
01-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Can a guy access buffalo lake from the narrows campground. Any info would be great. Thanks

Yes, there is a trail going onto the channel, follow it to the east to get to the main lake...

Hollingsworth
01-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Perfect. Thanks alot

archercurt
01-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Yes, there is a trail going onto the channel, follow it to the east to get to the main lake...

Those narrows can be sketchy, I'd drill some test holes... I think you will find unconsistant ice thickness for sure.

Grand Slam
01-18-2013, 03:14 PM
How's the fishing at buffalo latley? I think you will be fine at the narrows if there is a trail.

Hunter Trav
01-18-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm sure there has been a ton of sleds and trucks on it so it should be a very packed trail headed out to the main lake. Might be a bit slushy with the warmer temps this past week so use caution...

stand junkie
01-20-2013, 01:26 PM
unless you are wanting to fish in the bay at the narrows I wouldnt wast my time trying to get out to the lake from there lots of other spots to enter it from (senic sands, buffalo sands, white sands, pellican point, rochan sands) the fishing over by the narrows does get good in another week or two but if you are looking to keep any I do believe you have to be east of the white markers

Hollingsworth
01-21-2013, 10:18 AM
perfect was just asking as i live in lacombe so just closer to drive to the narrows, hope to get out before a guy has to go back to work.

Hunter Trav
01-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Its about the same to get to rochon or senic sands as it is to get to a fishable area at the narrows. Don't rule them out...