PDA

View Full Version : chip lake

notastraightshot
01-18-2013, 08:27 PM
im going to be going to my bosses land out near chip lake and was thinking of maybe dropping a line or two since ive had little luck on coal lake this year and not looking for anyones honey hole if there is any on that lake but just wondering where would be the best spot to try for a nice big ole jack. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. i love testig new lakes out but hate lookign like a fool fishing in a completely useless spot.

Daceminnow
01-18-2013, 09:17 PM
ice hiway on the lake. access from the r.road on the south side, off hwy 16. over christmas there were lots of small northerns to be fooled. good luck finding a big ole one.

Dace

Klondike
01-18-2013, 09:35 PM
everyone will be off the southern point of the large island. good luck

Thundercatcher
01-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Anyone know what range road it is. I went there once and some how I missed the turn

ice hiway on the lake. access from the r.road on the south side, off hwy 16. over christmas there were lots of small northerns to be fooled. good luck finding a big ole one.

Dace

Klondike
01-18-2013, 10:03 PM
Rr110

Drewski Canuck
01-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Has anyone ever seen a white in Chip? The jacks have to be eating something?

Drewski

edsonfisherman
01-19-2013, 05:21 PM
I was at chip today, caught lots of small jacks (13) by the island. The ones that we did keep had small pike and scuds (fresh water shrimp) inside them. Talked to the fisheries biologist and the F&W officer at the lake and all thats in the lake are small pike and the odd burbot.

jessedm
01-19-2013, 06:20 PM
I was at chip today, caught lots of small jacks (13) by the island. The ones that we did keep had small pike and scuds (fresh water shrimp) inside them. Talked to the fisheries biologist and the F&W officer at the lake and all thats in the lake are small pike and the odd burbot.

No offence, but you should talk to different biologists and officers!

edsonfisherman
01-19-2013, 06:24 PM
No offence, but you should talk to different biologists and officers!

If you mean the perch, I was told the winterkilled a long time ago.

jessedm
01-19-2013, 06:33 PM
The small pike and burbot comment.......wildwood is my home town, over the years I've seen tons of awesome fish come out of there......I could show you pics of impressive ling catches and many nice pike 8, 10, pounders and a 15 pounder from last year. They are out there.

edsonfisherman
01-20-2013, 06:23 AM
The small pike and burbot comment.......wildwood is my home town, over the years I've seen tons of awesome fish come out of there......I could show you pics of impressive ling catches and many nice pike 8, 10, pounders and a 15 pounder from last year. They are out there.

All I ment was there are just Pike and Burbot in the lake, but for the most part small ones, not saying there arent any big ones.

EDMfishing
01-20-2013, 07:06 AM
last summer me and 2friends went there, took out alluminum boat, got real windy and we headed for shelter, but before that we saw a comotion on the water, went over by it, and it was probly the biggest burb I've ever seen flopping around on the surface, like it was dieing... watched it flop around for a bit, then poked it with the tip of a rod and it tookoff and didnt re surface.... was quite odd ... But it was Probly aslong if not longer than my arm.. and I'm 6' tall... although Im not a burb expert so i dont know if that is a monster or not.. like i said was biggest one ive ever seen tho...

guess it was sun bathing?? hahaha