PDA

View Full Version : Fish that are not in the regulations

Billy2017
01-19-2013, 11:25 AM
I was out thurs on Hanmore lake (just north of Smokey Lake) and caught a burbot. There is nothing said in the regs about burbot limits and further more I can't find anywhere if there are even suppose to be burbot in the lake. Any thoughts?

wind drift
01-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Check the general regs at the beginning of the regs section for each zone (e.g. NB2). Should be something there about limits that apply to waters or species not appearing in the waterbody-specific list that follows.

TROLLER
01-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Other lakes like Pine Coulee in the south have burbot and they are not listed in the regs.

There are also some res. that have walley that are also not listed. If that is the case then the regs from surrounding lakes becomes the norm. In the case of Pine Coulee the burbot limit is 10 as it is in other res. near by.

So your limit would be based on burbot limits in nearby lakes.

Hope this helps

BigDaddysToys
01-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Other lakes like Pine Coulee in the south have burbot and they are not listed in the regs.

There are also some res. that have walley that are also not listed. If that is the case then the regs from surrounding lakes becomes the norm. In the case of Pine Coulee the burbot limit is 10 as it is in other res. near by.

Hope this helps

No, thats not accurate. Nearby lakes have nothing to do with it lol. A second look through the regulations will answer the question.

Fisher_man#1
01-19-2013, 01:16 PM
LAKES NB1
A. For Trout-Stocked Lakes, Reservoirs and Ponds in NB1 that are
named on page 8 under “Alberta’s Fish Stocking Program.”
 Open all year – Trout limit 5; bait allowed.
 All other game fish species limit 0.
B. For Lakes, Reservoirs and Ponds listed and fish species listed
under “NB1 Lake and Stream Listings” starting on this page.
 You must follow the regulations stated with each listing.
C. For other NB1 Lakes, Reservoirs and Ponds not included under
(A) or (B) and for fish species not mentioned at a listed lake.
 May 15 to Mar. 31 – Walleye limit 3 over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 over
63 cm; Perch limit 15; Lake Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 10; Trout
limit 3; Arctic Grayling limit 2 over 35 cm (Arctic Grayling limit 0
from May 14 to May 31 and Sept. 1 to Mar. 31); Bait allowed.
 Apr. 1 to May 14 – CLOSED

Answers in your regs, p56. Study up!!!

Cheers,

Xiph0id
01-19-2013, 04:08 PM

Hope this helps

Soo worng. OMG

Billy2017
01-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks for all the info. I wasent looking to keep the burbot I was more suprised to see it in the lake, I have been fishing there for a few years now and have never pulled one out.