PDA

View Full Version : Jackfish lake by carvel

degasvegas
01-20-2013, 01:00 PM
I've never been to this lake before, but I wanted to give it a shot because its close to home. I can't find any info about driving/parking by the lake. I hear reports that you have to pay to fish there? That can't be right. Can you drive on the lake? If so where is the best entryway onto the ice?

Thanks for the help,
Dan

mudbug
01-20-2013, 01:06 PM
The public access is on the East side of the lake but it is a private parking lot and picnic area with a boat launch and that is what you pay for when someone is in the booth taking money for you to park and use their facilities for the day. I don't think that anyone mans the booth in the winter at all so access is free when no one is there. It was $10.00 in the summer when someone is working the booth but even in the summer they aren't there all the time so quite often we'd just use the facilities for free again. I haven't been there for a few years now so things might have changed a bit. It's a nice lake :) Wabamum has way better action for fishing though :)

degasvegas
01-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll go give the east side a shot. I know wab is probably better, but I want to keep my fish lol.

chriscosta
01-20-2013, 03:56 PM
The lake has some nice fish if you get into them for pike just go very close to shore. Barely north of the boat launch and we got some real nice walleye straight out maybe. Fifty yards out and we got a fair bit of fish good luck and parking is free but in summer it's twenty bucks

degasvegas
01-20-2013, 09:14 PM
I was out there tonight, I just had to give it a shot after work. Got there about 4pm, went straight off the dock to the shoreline of the nearest island, water was deep, about 20 ft. I was there for about 1.5hrs and pulled up 2 fair sized pike. All in all I think I'll be back for sure.

ajm1
01-20-2013, 10:55 PM
To the last poster, I was fishing that EXACT spot on Friday. Nothing. Wasn't even sure there was fish in the lake. :sign0176: What were you sending down the hole?