PDA

View Full Version : Utikima and area ice conditions

bigfro47
01-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Has anyone ventured out there this weekend. I was hoping the warm weather would of knocked down the snow level and made it easier to access these lakes with a 4x4, hopefully the flood water is going to freeze up. I am hoping to head out there this coming weekend and going to bring some small children that are not willing to push me out. Any info would be appreciated, Thanks

JACKMAN
01-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Was there yesterday. Pulled 2 trucks out. We had high clearance so we were ok. Lots of flood water. Poor fishing anyway. Only 5 vehicles on the lake and no walleye caught. No fun for kids. We were last ones off and water was gushing out of a crack. Snowmobiles ok. Quad even got stuck.

bigfro47
01-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Does anyone else have any reports, I've tried calling F/W and no-ones around during the day, it's a long ways to go to be uncertain. Any info would be great. Thanks:thinking-006:

Hunter Trav
01-24-2013, 09:00 PM
I can't believe anyone even fishes that damn lake. It seems so rare to have a good day out there, and I used to hate it when I had to go endure a day on it as a kid. Much better options not far from it...

highwood
01-24-2013, 09:59 PM
I can't believe anyone even fishes that damn lake. It seems so rare to have a good day out there, and I used to hate it when I had to go endure a day on it as a kid. Much better options not far from it...

Haha, clearly you've never had a really good day on Utikuma

Chris5672
01-24-2013, 10:14 PM
I have had some great fishing days on utikuma,i can see why alot of guys fish this lake

EDMfishing
01-24-2013, 10:55 PM
I used to look forward to the trips to utik as a kid, always 1 or 2 a year with dad and gpa, best Ice fishing ever back then lol

Hunter Trav
01-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Haha, clearly you've never had a really good day on Utikuma

No we did have some good days, but it wasn't common. Much better fishing on other lakes close by...

Shmag
01-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Had some good fishing on it last year....but have to admit the couple times i have been on this year...well...it had my number....brutal