PDA

View Full Version : ANNNNND another shooting in NM

doetracks
01-20-2013, 03:12 PM
I tell ya, something is pretty fishy, here..

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/01/20/teenage-boy-fatally-shoots-five-including-three-children-inside-new-mexico-home/

"...Investigators also were seeking to determine who owned several guns that were found at the home, one of which was a semi-automatic military-style rifle.

Authorities weren’t releasing the name or age of the teenager accused in the attack. He was booked on two counts of murder and three counts of child abuse resulting in death...."

rugatika
01-20-2013, 03:16 PM
The number of shootings sure has seemed to skyrocket in the last couple months. Wonder what's spurring all this? Copycats?

They forgot to mention the ar15 in the news article though. Everyone knows you need an ar15 for things like this.

Mutter87
01-20-2013, 03:28 PM
What's a Military style Semi Auto? Is it flat black or camo painted? Is it louded then "Civilian style" semi autos regardless of caliber? Are the bullets scarier and meaner?

score
01-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Makes me wonder if shootings have gone up, which would be typical now, or if the media are just keyed in on reporting them. Murders, attempted murder, violent beatings and shootings, suicides, happen every day. We don't hear about the vast majority usually. That includes here in Canada. I walked by the radio yesterday and there was a violent armed home invasion in rural Manitoba. Brief blurb. Noone was killed. Violence in all forms was prevalent before Newtown and will be. It is easy to say that it won't happen to me until maybe it does. Being prepared beats cowering and having your children potentially exposed. It's funny how we tend to prepare for things like fire, weather, etc. and ignore the possibility of an equally unlikely event impacting our lives. Social conditioning is going strong.

dantonsen
01-20-2013, 03:50 PM
what is so fishy about this? Hey check it out.... on the related links there is an article about a school security officer who forgot his gun in the washroom at an elementary school, this guy is supposedly a fire arms Instructor too.

I think we should just give everyone guns.... heck lets give them 2 or 3 guns, kids included yanno? Just in case you forget one gun in the washroom or out at the playground that way everyone can shoot at other people who start shooting at people with guns found in washrooms etc.

Remember kids more guns=more safer

I think the obvious solution is everyone needs to carry a hammer now aswell.... apperantly according to some board members here they are more deadly than guns.

oooooo wait... and a knife, I ll dub it the self defence trio... That way not only can you start shooting back when some one else goes bonkers with their guns you can also hammer and stab them too incase you forget your gun in say a school washroom.lol

score
01-20-2013, 03:51 PM
What's a Military style Semi Auto? Is it flat black or camo painted? Is it louded then "Civilian style" semi autos regardless of caliber? Are the bullets scarier and meaner?

I've seen pink ones. Those are real scary. A female nut case. :scared0018: Females have mental illness too. What are the dynamics with that? Really, what I read was that part of Obama's plan is to have councelors in every school. The guy had been seeing the one in Newtown before he murdered her. :thinking-006:

score
01-20-2013, 03:58 PM
what is so fishy about this? Hey check it out.... on the related links there is an article about a school security officer who forgot his gun in the washroom at an elementary school, this guy is supposedly a fire arms Instructor too.

I think we should just give everyone guns.... heck lets give them 2 or 3 guns, kids included yanno? Just in case you forget one gun in the washroom or out at the playground that way everyone can shoot at other people who start shooting at people with guns found in washrooms etc.

I think the obvious solution is everyone needs to carry a hammer now aswell.... apperantly according to some board members here they are more deadly than guns.

oooooo wait... and a knife, I ll dub it the self defence trio... That way not only can you start shooting back when some one else goes bonkers with their guns you can also hammer and stab them too incase you forget your gun in say a school washroom.lol

You know, you sure like to pick and choose everything to fit nicely into your perspectives. Do you think this was the first or last time a human being ever made a mistake (the press jumped on it hey?)? Have you, honestly? It would be interesting to note how many times a year the police accidently shoot an innocent person. These are not things to be joked about.

dantonsen
01-20-2013, 04:08 PM
You know, you sure like to pick and choose everything to fit nicely into your perspectives. Do you think this was the first or last time a human being ever made a mistake (the press jumped on it hey?)? Have you, honestly? It would be interesting to note how many times a year the police accidently shoot an innocent person. These are not things to be joked about.

it is annoying when people cherry pick statistics and single out rare occurances to further their ideology hey?

thunderheart
01-20-2013, 07:27 PM
the number of shootings sure has seemed to skyrocket in the last couple months. Wonder what's spurring all this? Copycats?

h.a.a.r.p.

357mag
01-20-2013, 08:09 PM
it is annoying when people cherry pick statistics and single out rare occurances to further their ideology hey?

That's because without it their argument has no logic.

Big Daddy Badger
01-20-2013, 09:27 PM

You forgot body armoor... complete with ceramic plates.... and a hockey stick... cause this is Canada.:)

Lefty-Canuck
01-20-2013, 09:28 PM
You forgot body armoor... complete with ceramic plates.... and a hockey stick... cause this is Canada.:)

.....and a cup holder for a timmies coffee :)

LC

Big Daddy Badger
01-20-2013, 09:28 PM

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make...
Do you think the police would shoot more or less innocent folks if everyone went out heeled?

Big Daddy Badger
01-20-2013, 09:29 PM

LC

Yeah that too!!!

My bad...good save Lefty!

dantonsen
01-20-2013, 09:55 PM

LC

ahhhhh yesssss, having to put your coffee down to get your second gun out would waste valuable time in the many harrowing situations Canadians face everyday....EVERYDAY, lol.

Maybe a helmet gun too? You can keep shooting even if you are reloading your other guns? lol

Big Daddy Badger
01-20-2013, 10:08 PM
ahhhhh yesssss, having to put your coffee down to get your second gun out would waste valuable time in the many harrowing situations Canadians face everyday....EVERYDAY, lol.

Maybe a helmet gun too? You can keep shooting even if you are reloading your other guns? lol

Personally... I just walk around with big ol Husky Chainsaw.
I know it might be hard for some to believe but if you appear in public with an idling chainsaw that has 36 inches of ripping teeth....folks leave you alone and never bother ya..... cept at the lumber yard.

mooseknuckle
01-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Personally... I just walk around with big ol Husky Chainsaw.
I know it might be hard for some to believe but if you appear in public with an idling chainsaw that has 36 inches of ripping teeth....folks leave you alone and never bother ya..... cept at the lumber yard.

That's awesome!!

slough shark
01-20-2013, 11:38 PM
With everyone talking about the "black assault rifle" it appears that everyone just breezed over the fact that the fellow "owns" one of these rifles... not that it was the gun that was actually used. I highly doubt that unless we hear more news about the weapon it was actually a different type of gun but by the the seed is already been planted that it was one of those guns.

hockey1099
01-20-2013, 11:50 PM
The number of shootings sure has seemed to skyrocket in the last couple months. Wonder what's spurring all this? Copycats?

They forgot to mention the ar15 in the news article though. Everyone knows you need an ar15 for things like this.

How does this happen in a state that allows CCW?

Cal
01-21-2013, 12:33 AM
Its the damn media that causes these things IMO, I dont remember much for school shootings until Columbine. The media went crazy over it and within the year there had been about 3 coppycat shootings. I think prior to the posthumous attention that the Columbine shooters recieved most suicidal, angry outcast types just wrote a note, put on a Nirvana album and knocked off without hurting anyone else. Now they go out with a bang and cause as much hurt as possible. The media just milks it and it sets off a spree like the one we are seeing now. You want to cut down on these types of shootings then cut down on the media coverage that they get. The guns have nothing to do with it.

HunterDave
01-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Its the damn media that causes these things IMO, I dont remember much for school shootings until Columbine. The media went crazy over it and within the year there had been about 3 coppycat shootings. I think prior to the posthumous attention that the Columbine shooters recieved most suicidal, angry outcast types just wrote a note, put on a Nirvana album and knocked off without hurting anyone else. Now they go out with a bang and cause as much hurt as possible. The media just milks it and it sets off a spree like the one we are seeing now. You want to cut down on these types of shootings then cut down on the media coverage that they get. The guns have nothing to do with it.

You might be right but a recent poll that I read (post Newtown) showed that there was absolutely no support from Americans to ban the reporting of these tragedies. I believe that there was less than 25% support from both Democrat and Republican people surveyed. This is the one thing that both sides agree on.

colin455
01-21-2013, 07:48 AM
h.a.a.r.p.

:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Ah. That's it. They are working on fine tuning it. Hence the weird noises in the sky last lear.

Anyone tired of "military style assault weapon" terminology being thrown around by what passes as journalists nowadays?
God forbid the Military start using anything with a wood stock and we'll all be screwed!

Did like the "are the bullets meaner" comment. :D

Anyone ever see the start of 'The Rifleman"? He can shoot that leaver action as fast as I can my semi! I guess back then the lever action winchester was the Military Style Assault Weapon !?

Lornce
01-21-2013, 07:51 AM
I can't help thinking that all this will just fuel more gun sales in the US.

doetracks
01-21-2013, 08:30 AM
How does this happen in a state that allows CCW?

In regards to THIS shooting? It was at their home. I'm sure that there are SOME people that would have their firearm strapped on at ALL times but I would suggest that, when you're lounging at home, it's likely not on your person. And, the shooter was a family teenager.

I wasn't there, though, so what do I know?

With everyone talking about the "black assault rifle" it appears that everyone just breezed over the fact that the fellow "owns" one of these rifles... not that it was the gun that was actually used. I highly doubt that unless we hear more news about the weapon it was actually a different type of gun but by the the seed is already been planted that it was one of those guns.

The "fellow" likely didn't own any of them (he is 15 years old) but they were likely owned by the family and yes, the story promotes the "military style assault weapon" idea even though it doesn't say that it was used. Again, I'm guessing that they never even suspected that their kid (Probably same as Adam Lanza) would do something like this. The article doesn't say when the incident happened (or I missed it), they may not have had time to fetch any other firearms to protect themselves.

Then again, when your 15 year old son starts shooting at you and the kids, would reaching for a firearm to shoot back be your first action? Or would you be using your 10 seconds of shock to ask him to stop?

I don't know.