PDA

View Full Version : Buck lake?

Fishingaddict
01-21-2013, 08:17 AM
How is buck lake doing this winter looking to go out in February how are the perch biting and walleye also what works best for bait.
Feel free to pm me thanks
FA

Lefty-Canuck
01-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Went on the weekend and fishing in 5-15 feet of water (moved several times)....only saw 1 white fish on camera, no walleye and iced a few small pike, no keepers. Saw no perch, no suckers, no burbot and no walleye.

No one near us was catching either.....they were surprised when we said we iced a few pike....so I would say it is slow right now. The pike that did hit were very aggressive though.

Bonus is if you have a cam....the water is crystal clear, and if you dont have one there isn't much surface snow there (or there wasn't) and you can see bottom very easily.

Take it easy driving though as the ice varies in thickness.....we found 10-16 inches in varying spots. We used the quad for access....left the truck on shore.

LC

pikeslayer22
01-21-2013, 10:28 AM
We talking North Buck or South Buck? If we are talking Nbuck was there on weekend and did allright on Perch and a couple Pike. As Lefty said the ice is not very thick we did drive on but it is sketchy at best!

Lefty-Canuck
01-21-2013, 10:55 AM
We talking North Buck or South Buck? If we are talking Nbuck was there on weekend and did allright on Perch and a couple Pike. As Lefty said the ice is not very thick we did drive on but it is sketchy at best!

I was referring to south

LC