PDA

View Full Version : Canadian TOPO software

Roughneck Country
01-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Just wondering if there is any topo software similar to the National geographic stuff that is available for the US?

I have a garmin SD card for my GPS but not sure if I buy the garmin CD if it has the same kind of functionality on my computer as the National geographic software does. i.e. let you make your own maps & print them, pins on the maps etc... Tried to do it with the SD card and can't get it to work.

If anyone knows of this kind of software for Canada, (BC & AB in particular) please let me know.

jcrayford
01-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Rough, I believe the CD and software associated with it does allow that (although I haven't opened it in some time)....

Phone GPSCentral in Calgary for confirmation - they specialize in Garmin.

J.

Elko
01-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Garmin topo canada lets you do all that. It is ok as a map base, the last version is up to date a couple of years ago, runs about a hundred bucks, downloads onto the computer, then you can send what maps you want to your garmin.

Brian.Coleman
01-21-2013, 02:32 PM
I currently use Ibycus free software for Canada with my Garmin Map 60 CSX and it works great. Can create maps for any area and put on mini sd card and insert into GPS.

Here is the link

http://sbseven-shaun-canada-2010.blogspot.ca/2010/04/ibycus-topo-free-garmin-compatible.html