PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum and the area.

ELECTRIC FISHER
01-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi Guys and Gals,
I am new to the forum and the Edmonton area, I have been fishing for about 10 years with off and on success fishing for rainbow, Pike and Walleye.
I took a transfer with my company from the Grande Prairie area 3 months ago and I can't wait to get out and try my luck in a few new areas around the city.
I have been trying to soak up all the info I can from the forum as it seems there is a large amount of awesome knowledge to soak up. :test:

Hope to see some of you out this year.
:happy0180:

chriscosta
01-22-2013, 10:33 AM
welcome aboard I hope you get to like this forrum ive learned a ton on here dont be scared to share some wisdom and youll get full respect and allotta knowledge from the rest if you do have a good spot dont be free on here about it as some people dont agree with it and local lakes have been owned this way but pm people if yad like im sure most would respect it and keep it quiet if there is anything youd like to know pm me id be happy to help ya out anyway I can good luck out there

diamonddave
01-22-2013, 11:20 AM
welcome aboard I hope you get to like this forrum ive learned a ton on here dont be scared to share some wisdom and youll get full respect and allotta knowledge from the rest if you do have a good spot dont be free on here about it as some people dont agree with it and local lakes have been owned this way but pm people if yad like im sure most would respect it and keep it quiet if there is anything youd like to know pm me id be happy to help ya out anyway I can good luck out there

And make sure you use punctuation, lots of grammer police as well...:budo:
JK buddy:)

Chris84
01-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the forum

Kokanee9
01-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Welcome from the Calgary area.

stickfloat
01-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Welcome...

The Edmonton area has a lot of opportunity for you if you are primarily a c/r
fisherman for anything other than trout, perch, and pike. The burbot and whitefish fishery is available, however, not as prolific as other lakes to the south.
I have lived my life in this area and fished most of the waters around the city. Let us know what you are after...c/r catch and keep...species,etc...
The members here can be secretive, or more than willing to point you in the direction you want to go.

58thecat
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Welcome but be carefull there is a difference between knowledge and B.S...This place has its moments:fighting0074::sHa_shakeshout::sign0161:

ELECTRIC FISHER
01-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks for all the hospitality guys.
I am and always will be a catch and release fisherman, I love the fight but not the taste. Never really been keen on the flavor.
I would really like to get out when the water breaks up to try and hook a big Pike from the float tube I picked up last year but any fish in any weather from anywhere usually gets the blood running.

stickfloat
01-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Float tube..BIG pike = Wabamun

ELECTRIC FISHER
01-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I will most definitely be trying out the tube on Wabamun when the ice breaks.
Hope to see some of you out there!

thunderheart
01-23-2013, 04:18 PM
welcome