PDA

View Full Version : Duck Lake Montana

ArtVandelay
01-22-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm taking an extended Family Day long weekend and will be heading to the Duck Lake area in Montana for some ice fishing. I'm looking for some advice on accomodations (cabin rentals, motel) and a contact person that I can call about snow and ice conditions, licencing etc.

PMs welcome

Thanks everyone.

TROLLER
01-22-2013, 05:03 PM
A few motels at Browning is about it. Nothing at East Glacier this time of year. Used to buy the license at the campground just before the lake, but don't know if they would be open.

was 60US last year don't know about now tho. If I remember you can buy the license in Cardston at the sporting store on the west side of town on the way to Waterton. and maybe if I were you that is also where I would stay.

Only problem with staying in Cardston is the border only opens at 7 which should be ok. It is only 45 minutes from there.

I think I would also stay and fish the so. Alberta area. Payne Lake has nice rainbow and you can also get to Beaveaux and Beaver Mine without the hassel of trying to find a place in Montana.

Not the big fish at Duck Lake like there used to be. Last 4 or 5 times I fished it the largest I caught was 3 lb. Not the biggies like years gone by.

IMHO

munyee4321
01-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Nothing closer then duck lake lodge. Has a Restraunt and decently priced. If I remember correctly they have a room for a family of 5-6.
They also sell licenses and have conditions on website.

Walnut999
01-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Duck Lake Lodge
406-338-5770
Mission Lake by Browning is a must fish lake.

waterninja
01-23-2013, 10:54 AM
love your user name. if i remenber correctly things never went well for art. lol. hope you have a nice trip.
your not an architect by chance?

buckbrushoutdoors
01-23-2013, 12:29 PM
we used to catch some massive browns there when I was just young. Kip lake is also great for massive rainbows.

ArtVandelay
01-23-2013, 06:44 PM
LOL! No not an architect...Costanza and I have a LOT in common though, unfortunately.

Thanks for all the excellent feedback guys. Should be a great trip, especially with the extra lakes that were recommended. Can't wait!

goldscud
01-23-2013, 08:04 PM
I think the license is now $75. Rare to see a fish over 4lbs these days at Duck