PDA

View Full Version : Landing Nets

cranky
01-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Anyone used one of these? Thinking of getting one. Seems they have been around quite a while. Gets decent reviews Stateside.
http://handypaknetco.com/

fishtank
01-23-2013, 11:35 AM
stick with the cheaper aluminum ones and stick a piece of styrofoam on the end cause i think if you drop it in a lake it's a sinker.

cranky
01-23-2013, 11:58 AM
It would sure be good for packing though. It folds up pretty small.
I just cant see how if its twisted too often it wouldnt break. But reviews by fishermen say they have used them for years.
Video of how it folds below. Very neat.
http://handypaknetco.com/get-help/video-tutorial

Don Andersen
01-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Cranky,

My Dad bought one for me 47 years ago. I packed it through thick and thin for 40+ years. One day it slide from the holster and disappeared.
I would imagine the net was used a thousands of times over the 40 years.
Thanks for the pointer of where to get another.

Regards,

Don

cranky
01-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Cranky,

My Dad bought one for me 47 years ago. I packed it through thick and thin for 40+ years. One day it slide from the holster and disappeared.
I would imagine the net was used a thousands of times over the 40 years.
Thanks for the pointer of where to get another.

Regards,

Don

Thats what i wanted to hear. Thanks Don.
Thats it im ordering one. Will be great for packing. Will likely figure a way to tether it to myself just in case.
Now just gotta figure which net i want.

Badflies
01-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Now I regret not keeping it. It was on my favorite trout stream, in the leather case. I didn't know it was a net until I opened it up. It was really slimy and we were in the middle of nowhere so I threw her back in.

EZM
01-23-2013, 07:00 PM
That net is Chuck Norris cool ..............

npauls
01-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Now I regret not keeping it. It was on my favorite trout stream, in the leather case. I didn't know it was a net until I opened it up. It was really slimy and we were in the middle of nowhere so I threw her back in.

That was probably Don's net.

You should have kept it, washed it up, and used it.

Don Andersen
01-23-2013, 07:09 PM
npauls,

Not mine - it was lost over the border. I've still got the holster.

A sad day it was. Lots of memories.

Don

Lornce
01-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Had one since 1965 but put it away a few years ago in favor of a ghost net, I notice these now come with a ghost so I'll have to check it out.

cranky
01-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Im thinking the ghost net might be a bit more hassle trying to get it in the holster cause of stiffer net.
I ordered the one with wood handle and leather pouch that you can pick which net you want. I picked the catch and release net to go with it. Cant wait to check it out now.