PDA

View Full Version : fishing boat consumers report

sourdough doug
05-14-2007, 11:58 PM
could someone direct me to where I might find info on getting the good/ better/best scoop relating to conventional fishing boats ... comparisons of sorts is what I guess I'm looking for.. Some boats have gotten better , others maybe slipped a bit, This is the stuff I would like to find out.. I know we all have our favorites and I won't mind hearing from you as to why..
I'm back in the market after having someone borrowed my boat with little or no intention of returning it.
Thx for your input..
doug
PS- is there a consumer report on somethig like this, that might say a bit on outboards as well ???

Reeves01
05-15-2007, 07:16 AM
I'm back in the market after having someone borrowed my boat with little or no intention of returning it.

Didn't meet my brother, did you ?

:lol

I did get my 9.9 back. Prop buggered. Changed the oil in the leg & it looked very, very metallic. Must have run it with the bad prop for a while. Never did get some other items back: lesson learned !

Are you going 2 stroke or 4 ?

sourdough doug
05-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Honestly fellas, I don't have leprosy. Would really appreciate ,even personal comments. Thx

Chief
05-17-2007, 09:16 AM
You could try epinions.com. People leave feedback on all kinds of products. I just bought a boat and trailer and used that site to look up the products I was buying. Another one is boattest.com although I'm not sure how impartial the reviews are, it seems more like advertising to me. You can watch videos reviews of some boats on that site.

cub
05-17-2007, 09:45 PM
reeves i am know expert but there are some oils with metallic added [ i dont know why?] i just know it is on the market, for boat legs i DO NOT know. do you know the history of this 9.9 thats just my two cents. may help expain the drained oil.

Reeves01
05-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Cub - I know it's history, owned it from new. No metals in any of the oils I've ever used. The metals in the changed oil is likely from bearing(s) starting to pile up.
Which is too bad, as there are few hours on for it's age.

You (anyone) should not run with a bad prop for anything other than getting back to the launch. An unbalanced prop can do damage fast.