PDA

View Full Version : Ring Neck Classic Pheasant Hunt

visitnewell.com
01-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Its that time again in the County of Newell. Pheasant season is here and so to is the Canadian Pheasant Company Ring Neck Classic. This event is February 8th and 9th, and full event information can be found on VisitNewell.com (http://www.visitnewell.com/index.asp).

For more information, please click here to see the event (http://www.visitnewell.com/bus_happen.asp?EventID=191)

We look forward to seeing you in the Region of Newell, and wish you the best in your outdoor activities.

Have a great day!

William

Newell Regional Tourism Association (NRTA)

Doodle30
01-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Sorry if was posted there somewhere but curious if it's full.

oldgutpile
01-25-2013, 05:31 AM
Not full yet.
There are actually a few guys needed on established teams, and there are a few guys with their names in, hoping to get enough guys together to make a team. Six-man teams, 40 roosters. Having a good dog will almost be a shoe-in to get you on a team.

Double Shovel
01-25-2013, 10:01 AM
What does it cost per person? I may be interested in doing this?

oldgutpile
01-25-2013, 01:08 PM
The costs work out to 315.00/person based on a six man team. This can be cheapened up with a couple extra guys as "dog handlers". Some teams go with up to eight people and switch out shooters (rules clearly state no more than six shooters at a time). The costs include one or two meals (cant recall) as well as chances at cash prizes up to 5000.00.
The event starts Friday (Feb8) P.M. with a get-together at the Heritage inn in Brooks. A chance to get to meet yur Marshal, find out the property you are allocated, and get your team package for the event.
Saturday, usually get together for breakfast , and head out to your site with your birds, for a day of shooting. Each team has a designated hunting site, with (I believe)five hours of shooting time, before reporting in for the prizes and event wrap-up at the Heritage. Supper is included.
Call Nan at 403-362-4122 for more (better!) details.

Doodle30
01-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Not full yet.
There are actually a few guys needed on established teams, and there are a few guys with their names in, hoping to get enough guys together to make a team. Six-man teams, 40 roosters. Having a good dog will almost be a shoe-in to get you on a team.

I have a dog but don't know that I can swing it this year. Would love to one of these years though.

bessiedog
01-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Gonna be fun!

Dogs itchin to get at some birds.

See you there :)

SBE2
01-25-2013, 11:22 PM
If anyone is looking for guys to fill up a team let me know. There are two of us and one dog, black lab, flusher. I have participated in the Classic twice and my buddy once. Myself and dog have also hunted South Dakota 5 times so he knows the drill. Thanks.

threeforthree
01-25-2013, 11:31 PM
See you there.8th year