PDA

View Full Version : River Fishing near Regina

CYurch
01-25-2013, 09:20 AM
I know it's early but I travel to Regina for work a few times a year and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for some decent river fishing near Regina. I don't want to travel very far, just looking for something to do in the evenings instead of sitting in a hotel room.

Thanks

brettk.
01-25-2013, 09:47 AM
I know it's early but I travel to Regina for work a few times a year and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for some decent river fishing near Regina. I don't want to travel very far, just looking for something to do in the evenings instead of sitting in a hotel room.

Thanks

I spent about 5 years in Regina and as avid a fisherman i am, my time there consisted of very little fishing. The lakes through out the Qu'appelle valleye have good Northern and Walleye fishing but a boat is handy. Around Regina for an evening fish I think you are going to be disappointed unless someone knows a secret I never learnt. Buffalo Pound is something worth looking into but a bit of a drive. Good Luck.

Walleyedude
01-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Definitely no river fishing near Regina.

Regina Beach on Last Mountain is about a 40 min drive and it's about an hour to the lakes at Ft. Qu'Appelle, both have great fishing.

jts1
01-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Born and raised in Moose Jaw. You are out of luck for fishing around Regina. The Fort or Buffalo Pound is your best bet. Lived lake front on Buffalo Pound, Parents till do so know that lake inside and out if you want some info on it.

Levy
01-25-2013, 06:27 PM
If your going to be there in the summer hit up the Quapelle river near the lakes. I hammered the pike and know guys who have good luck fishing for walleye with pickerel rigs. Heard a few people say there is a small window in the summer that you can hammer walleye in the river between echo and pasqua at two to three in the morning. There are also big Carp if you know what your doing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO9t0ofPCTo

If your into suckers wascana creek is loaded with sucker fish and the occasional pike. I swear i read on the city website that angling was not allowed there but guys on the saskatchewan forum seem to think you can. The government wanted to stock it after letting if recover from dredging it and cleaning it out in 2005 i think but the long necked poop machines, as well as local run off have turned that water into some sort of pharmaceutical/fertilizer stew. I would never keep a fish from there.
http://www.fishingsaskatchewan.ca/new/forum/index.php/topic?f=16&t=1696

niwrek
01-25-2013, 06:30 PM
A boat would be good...... Last Mtn Lake