PDA

View Full Version : frozen minnows

angler1
06-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Does anybody know if there is any frozen minnows for sale in the Pigeon Lake area? None for sale in Drayton Valley. The guy that I talked to said there was a problem with the supplier. Anybody know anything about that?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-14-2008, 09:58 PM
I was in at the fishing hole as I had ordered some bait , I was stuck with what I call small minnows and they call medium , but the large minnows should be in within the next 2 or 3 weeks I think,If there the same minnows as I think they are , that come from Manitobia , They are really good minnows a guy should almost stock up on them as Ive learned to do . Even if a person is to order 20 packages sure its a bit pricey but theyll probably give you a deal not to mention they will be there for ya next spring depending how much fishing you do come ŝpring.

redneck posse
06-14-2008, 10:03 PM
check the mohawks around your area most of them still should have some

06-14-2008, 10:39 PM
minnows not anchovies ,

maligne
06-15-2008, 07:09 PM
did u try poplar ridge?

fluxcore
06-17-2008, 05:34 PM
I buy bulk smelts from superstore a lage bag for 5.00 size ranges from medium to large. I even salt and dye some thay work great

gprime27
06-17-2008, 06:02 PM
I get mine from superstore to.. BUT, I FOUND a diamond in the rough..so to speak.. If you go into a place that specializes in sushi and seafood they have bags and bags of them in there.. it's an untapped gold mine. if Superstore doesn't have them the asian stores will!

06-17-2008, 09:25 PM
If stupid store has them I bet extra foods would to im gonna go in there and look. If not maybe get the yocal chinesse place to get me some.

Penner
06-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Most gas stations in rual area's in the northen half of Alberta usually sell bait. I know the gas station near Riverhurst, Pigeon Village at Ma-Me-O, and Falun all sell bait. Wether they have minnows this season I do not know. The Fishing Centre in Edmonton had regular sized shiners for sale last week.

jefferson
06-19-2008, 11:49 AM
The Petro-Canada at Pigeon Lake Village on hwy 13 has frozen minnows- never been there to find them sold out. I've also got them at Bare Necessities in the Village; take your first left after turning off the highway, and follow that road by the shops in the village to a T-intersection- Bare Necessities is in a strip mall on the left. Good place for tackle, too.

gprime27
06-20-2008, 10:00 PM
If stupid store has them I bet extra foods would to im gonna go in there and look. If not maybe get the yocal chinesse place to get me some.

Lol chineeeeeessseee :)

angler1
06-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks guys, Drayton Valley has been resupplied. Was camping at Pigeon this past weekend and everybody had the frozen minnows including the concession at the prov. park. Still buy in bulk though saves running around at the last minute only to find out that the suppliers should be back next tuesday with more.