PDA

View Full Version : ice off up north?

soiler1
05-10-2007, 08:08 PM
We're flying into charles lake (about 75 km east of ft.smith)at the end of the month.what should we expect for the way the fishing's going to be like this early after ice off? really hoping to get into some big lakers and jack.Anyone haveany ideas for rigging up?:hat

BigBullAdventures
05-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi Soiler1, We fish near Charles Lake every fall, and do very well on Pike and Lakers. After trying hundreds of lures, we only use Williams Bully's now! Both the pike and lake trout should still be in the shallow water this early in the season. I would expect that you should be catching fish up to 20 pounds.
Are you staying at Mikisew's camp? Oh, and can you give us a report after the trip. Thanks.

BigBull

soiler1
05-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Sure thing Bigbull,What size of willliams bully's?, any specific color? we're flying into mikisew's south camp at the end of the month.I've been into cornwall lake at this time of year and had a great time but had trouble finding the lunkers. Lots of fish around 10 lbs but not much bigger. I just want to hook into a 25 lbs laker and i'd be happy.I'll try to put some shots on the board when i get back.:smokin

soiler1
05-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Hey Bigbull, found those williams bully's. Thanks for the tip.