PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Gull in the AM

jwloco
01-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Heading out early from Edmonton to be on gull before sun up. Will be going out at Brownlows. Any word on how the fishing is and whats the lure of choice out there? Used to fish gull years ago for whites always had good luck with yellow or red wire wraps and maggots, this still a good choice? Also going to see if I can wrangle a burb or 2 .

Will be the guy in the black 6x8 Cabelas pop up next to the white Dodge 2500 4X4, fel free to stop and say hello

Any and all advice welcome and appreciated

JW

trampywinter
01-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Yellow wire worm tipped with a magget was the lure we managed to bring three out of the hole on Friday.

cjhouben
01-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Yup wire worm and maggot for the whites, small white jig or jiggle bug tipped with a maggot for the perch, 2 tail yellow or white jig tipped with a minnow for the jacks and i have also had good luck this winter out there with this combo for the burbs as well.
hope this helps
ill be out on brownlows tomorrow as well, if i see ya ill stop by.
Good luck

jwloco
01-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Well I am going to head out early and try and get some burb action before the sun comes up. As I said before look for the white Dodge ( says Hitch House on side and tailgate in bright yellow) and black cabelas pop up. Always up for a chat, I might even pick up a new trick or two from some fellow fishermen.