PDA

View Full Version : Wood stove for ice shack

scrapper
01-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Any body know who sells small cast iron wood stoves that are suitable for an ice fishing shack.

Thanks

Pincherguy
01-26-2013, 10:01 PM
any body know who sells small cast iron wood stoves that are suitable for an ice fishing shack.

Thanks

princess auto had some a while back.
Pg

the local angler
01-27-2013, 04:42 PM
i was looking at the wood stove from princess auto a while back and for $100 it seemed like a great deal then recently i went back and was surprized to find the price jumped up to $150 even though they told me the $100 was the regular price. the one i was looking at looked like a cylinder laying horizontal with a flat top area for cooking. the cooking area folded down to be somewhat compact. this is the one i looked at and liked but didnt like the sudden price change.

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/product/8192403/Miscellaneous-Surplus/Steel-Camp-Stove

archercurt
01-28-2013, 09:14 AM
i beleive hes looking for a cast stove not a tin one. my experience with the above listed stoves is that for what they are worth they definatly arent much of a stove. check out alaska tent and tarp, or cylinderstoves.com. if your gonna spend 150$ on a wood stove, may as well spend a bit more and get one that will last you a life time.

dodgeboy1979
01-28-2013, 09:21 AM
peavey mart has items like what you are after from time to time, worth a look anyways.

McShaft
01-28-2013, 09:23 AM
I ordered mine from Home Hardware. Its plain-jane rectanglular. Perfect for cooking on and plenty warm for a big shack. Just have to make sure the pipe is out of the wind or it blows back inside. The only negative point about it is that we have to keep the door open a crack as it doesnt get near enough air through the tiny vents on the door. Im happy with it though. :happy0180:

ddars32
01-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Go with a propane, wood is a pain in the butt

CeeZee
01-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Wood is by far a superior heat for this, propane carries a lot of moisture from it too, nice thing about the stove is you have the option to cook on it, to keep a kettle on, as well as dry some clothing all without altering the heat source, imo cannot replace the heat etc of wood. I have a "tin" heater and donlike it, its too hot and can't carry a coal for long thru the night. I am also interested in cast options.

dumoulin
01-28-2013, 09:58 PM
princess auto had some a while back.
Pg

i was looking at the wood stove from princess auto a while back and for $100 it seemed like a great deal then recently i went back and was surprized to find the price jumped up to $150 even though they told me the $100 was the regular price. the one i was looking at looked like a cylinder laying horizontal with a flat top area for cooking. the cooking area folded down to be somewhat compact. this is the one i looked at and liked but didnt like the sudden price change.

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/product/8192403/Miscellaneous-Surplus/Steel-Camp-Stove

X2