PDA

View Full Version : Bistcho Lake trip

wetchimo
01-28-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm trying to get a group of guys together for a Bistcho Lake trip around February 18th. We would have to drive in there and we would need snowmobiles to get around at the lake. I'm covering the cost of the cabins so the cost would be gas and food. It is a long way to go but the fishing there is supposed to be the best in the province. Should be interesting ice fishing there and it would be great if we get enough people. The cabin can hold six so pm me if your interested. Everyone will meet for wings ahead of time to make sure we survive the long drive.

Jetlee
01-28-2013, 08:30 PM
I heard that the flood ice is really bad at bistcho this year. Apparently guys were having a tough time getting around on sleds. Not sure how true this is but that's what I heard.

mark gingell
01-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Hi I have some friends that left today to go up there. They are gone for a week and I will let you know what the lake conditions are when they get back.

Elkaholic523
01-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Will they b trying thusrton

mark gingell
01-29-2013, 07:59 PM
I dont know for sure. I will find out everything when they get back but I will make sure to ask them

wetchimo
01-30-2013, 10:17 PM
Ya it would be great to hear the feed back on the conditions because if the conditions aren't great I'm going to Winefred.

mark gingell
02-07-2013, 04:50 PM
My friends just emailed me and the conditions are terrible. There is 3 feet of snow, lot of flood water. Both their sleds and gear are still on the lake and now they are trying to get a helicopter to get their gear off the lake. Sorry I couldnt get back to you sooner. Hope this helps..

wetchimo
02-07-2013, 06:05 PM
My friends just emailed me and the conditions are terrible. There is 3 feet of snow, lot of flood water. Both their sleds and gear are still on the lake and now they are trying to get a helicopter to get their gear off the lake. Sorry I couldnt get back to you sooner. Hope this helps..

Ouch that's a long way to go to fish in those conditions. Thanks for the update I really appreciate it.

Sloughsharkjigger
02-07-2013, 06:24 PM

This is great information....... word on the street is the northwest is having a "normal" winter (whatever that means in todays weather world). Hope your friends make it out without too much of a cost!

dale7637
02-07-2013, 10:00 PM

I was having lunch with a friend of these fellas today. I saw some pictures... Not cool.

Everyone up here is staying away from most lakes this year. As was said, there is a pile of snow and it came early. There is zero frost under the snow this year. Ice is thin and overflow is plentiful.

If you do go, be careful and take a ton of rope with you.

mark gingell
02-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Here are some pictures of my friends at Bistcho

wetchimo
02-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Wow! thanks for the tip that would have been a disaster.

Elkaholic523
02-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Holy what a night mare of a trip

huntin
02-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Dammit I was excited at the start of this post I've wanted to go up for a long time. I'm even home on the 18th but that don't look like fun.

EZM
02-09-2013, 10:38 PM
I was having lunch with a friend of these fellas today. I saw some pictures... Not cool.

Everyone up here is staying away from most lakes this year. As was said, there is a pile of snow and it came early. There is zero frost under the snow this year. Ice is thin and overflow is plentiful.

If you do go, be careful and take a ton of rope with you.

did you say ..........bring lot's of rope ............ or ............. lot's of dope ............

don't forget the snacks..............:sHa_shakeshout: