PDA

View Full Version : Cabo San lucas

thorne
01-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Hey all, gonna be hitting Cabo end of Mar. Its not the greatest time for most species, but still lots of fun to be had. did a search for suggestions on good outfits to book with, just wondering if anyone has been recently? Thanks!!

406gto
01-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Hey all, gonna be hitting Cabo end of Mar. Its not the greatest time for most species, but still lots of fun to be had. did a search for suggestions on good outfits to book with, just wondering if anyone has been recently? Thanks!!
Hands down call Minerva's, but like you stated, slower fishing, best is Just after
Bisbee Tournament i Think October, Minerva's PH# 888-480-7826

thorne
01-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Hands down call Minerva's, but like you stated, slower fishing, best is Just after
Bisbee Tournament i Think October, Minerva's PH# 888-480-7826

Thanks, that is one of the outfits mentioned in previous posts. Just wanted some confirmations!

Pudelpointer
01-28-2013, 01:04 PM
It was my understanding that March is when the Roosterfish make their appearance in in-shore waters. What species are you after?

Will be in San Jose del Cabo from the 19-28th.

thorne
01-28-2013, 01:21 PM
It was my understanding that March is when the Roosterfish make their appearance in in-shore waters. What species are you after?

Will be in San Jose del Cabo from the 19-28th.

Im not actually that picky, I LOVE DORADO, but all info I see puts them in the "Maybe Catagory" but all in all, its just gonna be me out there, so if you happen to be in the area first week of April let me know Im paying for a whole boat with no one to come along.. I just wanna get on the water, wet a line in deep water and see what comes up! My last few outings ( Jamica, Cuba,) left a lot to be desired, but I know Coba will not dissapoint! Humbolt squid anyone????

quiteeye
01-28-2013, 03:33 PM
I landed 197lbs Stripped Marlin outside of Los Cabos in November.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8HDxHQCAAAPGOQ.jpg:large

thorne
01-28-2013, 06:47 PM
I landed 197lbs Stripped Marlin outside of Los Cabos in November.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8HDxHQCAAAPGOQ.jpg:large

Who did you book with?

Big T
01-30-2013, 09:44 PM
We rented this boat when we down there last february

http://www.loveshackcruises.com/

didn't go fishing with them but awesome crew and boat. Great time, you'll enjoy the whale watching.

thorne
01-31-2013, 10:23 AM
We rented this boat when we down there last february

http://www.loveshackcruises.com/

didn't go fishing with them but awesome crew and boat. Great time, you'll enjoy the whale watching.

Thanks for the link, all input os appriciated! Might have a chance to just chill with the whales, but I was in Maui last month and didn't get to do any fishing, but cruised around with the whales, so this time the whales can take a back seat to the fishies!

mark-edmonton
01-31-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm going from march 23-30 staying at the royal Solaris in San Jose del cabo. I will be heading out fishing twice. Last year in feb I went out with gordo banks pangas and caught 3 dorado and a 30 lb tuna. Not to mention about 30 skipjack. Where are you staying?

thorne
01-31-2013, 04:01 PM
I'm going from march 23-30 staying at the royal Solaris in San Jose del cabo. I will be heading out fishing twice. Last year in feb I went out with gordo banks pangas and caught 3 dorado and a 30 lb tuna. Not to mention about 30 skipjack. Where are you staying?

Im gonna be at the Riu Sante Fe in Cabo San Lucas, Im going to getting there the day you are taking off....so ill probably pass you in the airport somewhere!

dfrobert
02-05-2013, 04:23 PM
http://www.elbudster.com

Just got back. We caught over 15 Dorado and probably close to 10 Skipjack. Also lost about 10 dorado. Had a striped marlin follow the hooks for a awhile but no dice on getting a bite. Trolled lures and live bait. It was a great day on the water. Guides were professional and spoke decent english. Did a 8 hour trip. Crew let us rig rods, etc. Talk to them in advance as they can be booked up a bit. They talked us out of going the one day because the forecast was not looking so great. Glad we listened to them because fishing was poor the one day and excellent when we went.

thorne
02-05-2013, 04:31 PM
http://www.elbudster.com

Just got back. We caught over 15 Dorado and probably close to 10 Skipjack. Also lost about 10 dorado. Had a striped marlin follow the hooks for a awhile but no dice on getting a bite. Trolled lures and live bait. It was a great day on the water. Guides were professional and spoke decent english. Did a 8 hour trip. Crew let us rig rods, etc. Talk to them in advance as they can be booked up a bit. They talked us out of going the one day because the forecast was not looking so great. Glad we listened to them because fishing was poor the one day and excellent when we went.

Thanks for the up date! Dorado are definately on my "Most Wanted" list. Good to see an outfit who actually talked you out of going on a bad day. Last trip to Jamaica we read teh weather reports and knew it was going to be a crap day. So we contacted the charter and they would not refund anything as it was still "Good Enough" to go. We spent 6 hours dragging a bunch of hooks around in 4-6' swells with everyone but me getting sea sick. Never bothered to try anything different or even really talked to us......worst experience ever. Sounds like you had an awsome trip!! Well done!

OK....Just checked out the link provided....Awsome Tunes!!:sHa_shakeshout:

Kale 19
02-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Hey Thorne,
Have a look ate Picante sportfishing:
http://www.picantesportfishing.com/
Went with these guys a few years back twice during a 10 day stay. They are a bit pricey but will put you on fish. They have some of the best boats, gear, crews, etc in that harbour. I have family that has booked with them as well and has always been very good results. As was mentioned earlier though, march is not the best time of year however I was there in march and we managed to land 4 striped marlin, a few tuna and dorado on the first trip but was a bit slower the second. Overall was a great trip. My dad and uncle went a year before with the same outfit and landed 14 striped marlin. UNREAL, this was in January though. They actually asked to stop they were so tired. I cant even imagine. Anyway, another option is to go down to the marina a few days before and see who is flying lots of flags when the boats come in. They raise flags on the boats as they come into the marina to show what was caught that day. Pay attention to outfits that consistantly have flags up. Also, its a lot of fun and waaaaaaaay cheaper to rent a small skip boat for the day and just troll up and down the shore. You can negotiate the price right there (think we paid $150 for 6 or 8hrs) for 3 of us and all the beer we could handle. Lighter gear and tons of action. Caught yellowtail, sierra, roosters, tuna, snapper, and others. Smaller fish but way more action and got to keep what we asked to keep to have it cooked up for us.
Anyway, let us know how you make out. Hope this helps.
Tight lines!!!

Exxtor
02-07-2013, 01:55 AM
Hey,

I was there for new years. I went out with REDRUM outfitters for an 8 hour excursion. They were great, newer gear and reasonable rates. Also if you choose to keep any fish they vacuum seal it for you. I suggest bringing your own cooler for transport back to Canada though and it has to be frozen. I just got my hotel to freeze it until the day I left. Dorado (mahi mahi) is awesome. We caught about 10 in the morning and then went deeper and landed two striped marlins. We threw both Marlins back as they are not as good eating, not bad smoked though. Anyway, my two cents.