PDA

View Full Version : how do you setup your UW Casmera????

jwloco
01-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Just wondering how you all set up your cameras when icefishing? How far is your camera hole from the hole you are fishing? Do you use a straight on view or angled down/up?

Thanks for your time all.

JW

thorne
01-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Just drop it down same depth as your bait stare straight at it. Distance will depend on water clarity and depth. Start at around 4' away and adjust from there. Some lakes can get away with 12' or more, some 2' max. Brand of camera will have a lot to do with it as well.

WayneChristie
01-28-2013, 08:11 PM
I do 2 double holes in the tent 5 feet apart for fishing, and one at the back by the chair for the camera, usually have the camera close to the bottom so I can turn it and keep an eye on both baits. sometimes if Im after big pike I just point it straight down the hole so I can sit back and watch the bait, and if a good fish takes the bait I can yank the camera out with one hand so it doesnt get tangled

jwloco
01-28-2013, 08:36 PM
I have a 6x8 cabelas pop up . below is my floor plan that I normally set up.

Camera set to level with bait/lure. I made a "camera compass" so I can easily adjust or turn the camera. the slight offset on the camera hole lets me see the lures at both holes. this is nice when 2 of us are fishing, gives both anglers a view

mayuan
01-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Just drop it down same depth as your bait stare straight at it. Distance will depend on water clarity and depth. Start at around 4' away and adjust from there. Some lakes can get away with 12' or more, some 2' max. Brand of camera will have a lot to do with it as well.

I tried that once...

Took about 10min to unwind my camera, fish and line. I will not be doing that again.

I use the same setup as Wayne.

Jack&7
01-28-2013, 09:40 PM
See my pic in the 'ice hole' thread by pikehunter 13