PDA

View Full Version : Hiking/hunting gear

Maz
01-29-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm relatively new to hunting and hiking and I was looking for a decent backpack that is good for a day pack but won't bug you when you go to shoot at an animal. Looking for something under $300 any advice would be much appreciated.

bdub
01-29-2013, 07:59 PM
I've got a few different packs, Kiui, Arcterx x 2, and an Asolo. The shoulder strap will affect how you hold your rifle into your shoulder no matter which pack you have. I do lots of dry firing while I am hiking, just out of habit, with my pack on. If you practice with it and get used to your equipment then I don't think it really matters which pack you chose. I would look at packs not specific to hunting in that price range. If you are concerned or want to camouflage your pack I like using the camo netting you can get from almost any hunting store. It weighs next to nothing and you can wrap it around your pack and hold it in place with the various straps and whatnot on the pack. Hope that helps.

300SM
01-29-2013, 08:54 PM
Go as small and light as you can get away with, just big enough to carry what you absolutely need, too much bulk and extra weight will make it harder to move and tire you out, other than that find one that feels comfortable, and seems well made, paid $80 for mine at bass pro, it has a water bladder, waist belt, chest strap, easy access pockets and can be expanded or adjusted smaller depending on how full it is and I can carry everything I need for the day quite comfortably, including some just in case items, no issues shooting with it, just get use to shouldering with what ever pack you choose.

Hogie135
01-30-2013, 12:59 AM
Take a look at the Tenzing line up. I have the 2220. They are great packs.

Maz
01-31-2013, 08:46 AM
Alright thanks guys I appreciate the help