PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Hinton

guysmiley
06-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Guys,

I'm planning a weeks worth of camping in the Hinton area. I've never camped in Hinton as I usually go all the way to Jasper. Does anyone know of a nice serviced campsite with access to fishing?

Thanks,

Garrick.

Big Bull
06-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Hey GS, check out Jarvis Lake or Gregg Lake in Switzer Provincial Park.
http://gateway.cd.gov.ab.ca/pubsandmedia/switzer%20brochure%20WEB.pdf

Mountain Guy
06-17-2008, 10:03 AM
If you want ''serviced'' there's a KOA just west of Hinton.
Not set in the most beautiful setting but full serviced .

bearbait
06-17-2008, 01:58 PM
hit obed lake...good brown fishing and a nice lake..its between edson and hinton on obed summit...just off hiway16....good luck..
rob

guysmiley
06-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the tips. I'm driven past the KOA and wondered if it was just a big parking lot. We're looking for something a little less like Walmart.....

Thanks for the tips. Any other hot fishing spots? I'll be using my Canoe. I might head up to Maligne and piramid lake to try my luck.

Thanks,

Garrick.

BigA
06-17-2008, 03:07 PM
hit obed lake...good brown fishing and a nice lake..its between edson and hinton on obed summit...just off hiway16....good luck..
rob

Can obed be fished from shore? Don't have a boat but will be heading to Hinton soon as well and would like to fish some.

Jester
06-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Can obed be fished from shore?

Sure.....If you can cast 400-500 yards to the deep dogleg...lol :D

It's true,Obed is a shallow lake with a deep dogleg in the middle of it.The deepest I've found is 31 feet.As for big browns in Obed...yes but...they are hard to catch.In the early 80's you could catch rainbows and the odd brookie but they have seemed to become extinct in this lake..:(