PDA

View Full Version : fly-in fishing trip planning. Anyone have a lodge to suggest?

tbosch
01-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Like the title says i'm going to plan a fly-in trip this summer to either northern sask/alberta/bc or somewhere in the yukon or nwt. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for places theyve been that were the once in a lifetime trip you hope for when you book such a thing. I love to fly fish big pike but like to target lakers and other char family as well. Hoping to find something semi-affordable 15-2500 and all inclusive but im not against a housekeeping package either. Maybe theres even a member on here who owns something? Thanks in advance for any information.

densa44
01-29-2013, 10:27 PM
I don't know if the Chinook are there when you want to go, but if they are, after 1/2 hour you are releasing bigger fish than you have ever caught in your life. The boys wouldn't boat a fish less than 30 lbs. after the first 1/2 Hr.

A bucket list trip.

Peace Country
01-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Hello tbosch,
I own a fly in fishing lodge in the NWT. It is on Aylmer Lake and Clinton-Colden lake.
www.aylmerlakelodge.com

Our Waterways: Lodge guides have easy access to some of the greatest fishing water with in a true trophy quality lake in the NWT. Aylmer Lake Lodge guides are licensed for Aylmer Lake-Clinton –Colden Lake and all the rivers and streams that flow into and out of these lakes. We have many outpost lakes and river to fish as well all these lakes, rivers and streams in the breathtaking of the NWT. Solitary fishing trips are the norm up here as we are the only lodge and boats on the remote fishing area. You will not see any other anglers on these waters other than those staying at the lodge.

Fishing Pressure: There is none period! No commercial fishing ever! No native substance fishing ever! Unlike other combat-fishing destinations, fishing in our waterways is peaceful – allowing you to enjoy the magnificent scenery as nature intended. Our waters are only fished when our guests venture out, so you to cast and catch in solitude.

All Inclusive: From great dining to the finest fishing gear, the Aylmer Lake Lodge adventure is all-inclusive from Yellowknife. Your stay includes professional guides for freshwater fishing plus a support staff to see that your needs are met during your stay with us.
Adventures and Eco Tours: When fishing arms grow tired, you can spend a relaxing afternoon on any number of guided excursions. Guided activities include wildlife viewing, canoeing, and hiking the barren lands to name a few.
Enjoy fishing in the NWT on a lake that is 1,700 sq miles catching 20-30 fish in 5 hours lake trout and trophy arctic grayling.

Join us in our remote Fly in fishing camp 226 air miles NE from Yellowknife. Fish the dream in a setting that is breathe taking Aylmer Lake Lodge is offering a fly in fishing camp experience, fish with people who have 20 years of experience to make your trip the very best.

WalleyeDeitz
01-30-2013, 11:00 AM
I used to guide at Inconnu Lodge in the Yukon. http://inconnulodge.com/
I believe they may be out of your price range, mainly due to flying around in a float plane or helicopter every day to outpost lakes or jet boat trips, and eating like you are royalty, however the fly fishing in the early season was amazing there. Tons of grayling, lots of huge pike and then Lakers of all sizes in the shallows or in creeks flowing in or out of the lakes that can be easily targeted with a fly rod. I was able to get many first time fly fisher's into amazing fish their first time holding a fly rod, so anyone with experience would be a step ahead. We hooked a few on 3 wt. rods a few times that I think was a bit more of a battle then I would recommend. The real challenge, would be to try and hook an Inconnu on a fly rod, I never did, but got a few on spoons. Again, probably out of your price range, but perhaps keep it in mind for a trip of a life time in the future if you ever strike it rich.... I know someday I will be going back as a guest and if I didn't have a wife and kids now, I would still be working there.......I think the lodge is right beside heaven......

Good Luck