PDA

View Full Version : Basspro shop

tmaxx
01-29-2013, 10:49 PM
Does anyone know if basspro shop sells saltwater fishing line that can be used for fishing by hand. Im looking to take it over seas for hand fishing. Its the thicker line that kind of looks like weed wacker line. Im not to familaiar with it i just want
to know if some one can lead me in the right direction where i can purchase some.

Cheers

Lornce
01-30-2013, 07:57 AM
I can't answer your question but did you think of phoning them?

Albertafisher
01-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Well if you're looking for a thick line that you can manipulate with your hands, Power Pro makes a downrigger braided line. It's as thick as weedwhacker line and from what I can think of, is the closest thing to what you're talking about.
http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/fresh-saltwater-fishing/downriggers/downrigger-cable-replacement/prod267703.html

The Fisherman Guy
01-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Hand line is typically very heavy mono, cast from shore by twirling it by hand like a lariat.

Sometimes, when the fish are out past the break, one unlucky fisherman gets the pleasure of swimming out the baited line and dropping it a hundred or so yards from shore.

Look for heavy, heavy monofilament line. In the 30-50lb range. This stuff doesn't tangle easily like braided line and can be used for many years. I'm sure BPS has something that will make your friends overseas very happy.

tmaxx
01-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the information ill look into it. I have a nicepicture of a barracuda to post when i get home