PDA

View Full Version : Embarassing

baptiste_moose
01-30-2013, 01:00 PM
In regards to the Cold Lake thread. I just took the hour to read it and what a joke. Many of you should be emberrased. This fishing section is a joke like many have stated. I have seen it 1st hand now. I'm ashamed to call myself an "Alberta Outdoorsman" today. I have 400 posts and I bet 300 of them are " nice fish", " congrats" , " good for you" and " beauty.". Some of you should try it once in awhile. Notice how you almost never see long standing members in the fishing discussion. Just emberassing!!!!!!

ak-71
01-30-2013, 01:07 PM
In regards to the Cold Lake thread. I just took the hour to read it and what a joke. Many of you should be emberrased. This fishing section is a joke like many have stated. I have seen it 1st hand now. I'm ashamed to call myself an "Alberta Outdoorsman" today. I have 400 posts and I bet 300 of them are " nice fish", " congrats" , " good for you" and " beauty.". Some of you should try it once in awhile. Notice how you almost never see long standing members in the fishing discussion. Just emberassing!!!!!!

Nice post, not sure why you wasted one your valuable posts, but good for you! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

fishtank
01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
they are everywhere .. just circling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBUTproQ-GQ

huntsfurfish
01-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Not sure what took you so long only 2 posts, and dont see what was wrong in them.

But do hope you have a better day.:)

jacenbeers
01-30-2013, 01:37 PM

I am personally embarrassed that you do not know how to spell embarrassed.

Kevwood
01-30-2013, 01:40 PM

Not sure of the point of your post? I enjoy seeing the pictures that are posted....are you "Embarrassed" that people comment on the pics?

crf250xtom
01-30-2013, 01:56 PM
Not sure of the point of your post? I enjoy seeing the pictures that are posted....are you "Embarrassed" that people comment on the pics?

Its cause most of the comments were from self righteous *****s that spend their time being an arm Chair biologist instead of fishing. That is why he is embarrassed and it's true if someone catches a nice fish and want to keep that's awesome beautiful memories right there last time I checked this is a free country so that is why people are ashamed cause there are just to many egotistical *****s that have nothing better to do then complain if you don't believe me read the posts.

Richmuiz
01-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Its cause most of the comments were from self righteous *****s that spend their time being an arm Chair biologist instead of fishing. That is why he is embarrassed and it's true if someone catches a nice fish and want to keep that's awesome beautiful memories right there last time I checked this is a free country so that is why people are ashamed cause there are just to many egotistical *****s that have nothing better to do then complain if you don't believe me read the posts.

Yes last time I checked this is a free country so that's why people post there own opinions on a matter. I don't think they are arm chair biologists they have just seen good lakes year after year be depleted and that is there biggest concern and then speak there mind about it. Sometimes it comes out in rude manner but I think out of all the posts only a couple were actually rude. Just remember it is a free country so people are going to speak there minds.

waterhawk
01-30-2013, 02:10 PM

I don't think this is fair. My regular hunting buddy is a Polish immigrant. He learned English after coming to Canada about twenty years ago. He speaks the language well and has a good vocabulary. He, however, does not write English well. I would hate to think that if he posted on this site he would be criticized for his spelling and/or grammer. Also, many of the members on this site have been a long time out of school and in jobs that do not require them to use writing skills. Surely, guys like that should be able to have their say on here without worrying whether they are going to be attacked because of their spelling.

Double-Eh
01-30-2013, 02:11 PM
I don't quite follow..... Are you looking for people to be more complimentary to one another? Less about fish biology, more about fish tips and sharing?

I know I joined because I want to learn more about every type of fish in Alberta and how to catch them. I provide insight when I have it, though it isn't often.

I get that you want to give everyone a thumbs up on their fish, and that really is great. But this cannot simply be about your desire to see nothing but threads about posting a fish picture and awaiting kudos. There's a thread specifically for that.

I'm no old hand here, obviously, but if you are going to complain I believe you should clearly outline what is wrong, what is right, and how to shift the power back to where you want it.

Double-Eh
01-30-2013, 02:13 PM
I don't think this is fair. My regular hunting buddy is a Polish immigrant. He learned English after coming to Canada about twenty years ago. He speaks the language well and has a good vocabulary. He, however, does not write English well. I would hate to think that if he posted on this site he would be criticized for his spelling and/or grammer. Also, many of the members on this site have been a long time out of school and in jobs that do not require them to use writing skills. Surely, guys like that should be able to have their say on here without worrying whether they are going to be attacked because of their spelling.

+1
Just because you can spell better does not make everything your say or think better. Well put waterhawk. I'm proud of my English and I owe it to my immigrant parents (who cannot spell well) for putting me through school, not because I'm an inherently better person than them.

waterninja
01-30-2013, 02:17 PM
whats the big deal? i also thought some of the posts were pointless or off base but at the same time some were thought provoking. i esp. wonder about the effects on a fish when it is caught 100 feet deep, brought to the surface then released. can't help but think that it must really harm the fish no matter how quickly or gently you put it back.

like all threads you have to seperate the wheat from the chaff and not everyone agrees about anything, but they have a right to express their opinion.

MoFugger21
01-30-2013, 02:31 PM
While I agree that some of the "educational" posts were ridiculous in that cold lake thread....

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/MoFugger21/Michael-scott-no-god-no_zps073756f0.gif

Literally no good can come from this...

elkslayer132
01-30-2013, 02:32 PM
If you want to get cut down or crapped on this is the site to come to for fishing and hunting pretty pathetic thats why i don't post anymore

Richmuiz
01-30-2013, 02:33 PM
you should rename the thread cold lake part 2

baptiste_moose
01-30-2013, 02:53 PM
I am Emberassed also that I don't know how to spell embarrassed. I can always really on everyone on AO to set me straight. hahaha. No better way to have proven my point. You guys rule!!:sHa_shakeshout:

ak-71
01-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Actually, I didn't like the original post, but I have to agree about selfrighteous *****s part. (how ever it is spelt in English). It's free country, so:
I think it should be prohibited to bash people for legal actions, unless you are qualified - then you take actions to change the regulations. And working in somewhat related field or taking some classes long time ago doesn't count. And BS about "ethical" part is just that - BS.

BeeGuy
01-30-2013, 02:55 PM
It's a gong show both ways.

Guitarplayingfish
01-30-2013, 03:10 PM
After all, this is a forum... People are free to speak their minds here.

However, I do see a lot of criticizing and bashing these days. Some deserved, some not.

Welcome to the forum... :fighting0074:

Pixel Shooter
01-30-2013, 04:19 PM
I think what is trying to be said is if people are posting photo's, feel free to comment away, it is always nice to share our passions with others who have the same interest, ie fellow fishermen. BUT if someone decides to derail by suggesting their personal preferences, ethics or start quoting regulations when in fact it was not requested or had absolutely nothing to do with the Ops original thread, refrain.

If someone feels the need or wishes to discuss those topics, create your own thread and have at it within forum rules, not in someone elses thread unsolicited.

tacklerunner
01-30-2013, 04:36 PM
After all, this is a forum... People are free to speak their minds here.

However, I do see a lot of criticizing and bashing these days. Some deserved, some not.
Welcome to the forum... :fighting0074:

My momma done gone told me that if I don't got nuttin' good to say, dont say nuttin' at all....... And that life is like a box of chocolates.

Freedom55
01-30-2013, 04:41 PM
If you want to get cut down or crapped on this is the site to come to for fishing and hunting pretty pathetic thats why i don't post anymore

Don't post anymore what?

kevinhits
01-30-2013, 04:42 PM
My momma done gone told me that if I don't got nuttin' good to say, dont say nuttin' at all....... And that life is like a box of chocolates.

Ya dant practice dat wit me na do ya:bad_boys_20:

BeeGuy
01-30-2013, 04:57 PM
I think what is trying to be said is if people are posting photo's, feel free to comment away, it is always nice to share our passions with others who have the same interest, ie fellow fishermen. BUT if someone decides to derail by suggesting their personal preferences, ethics or start quoting regulations when in fact it was not requested or had absolutely nothing to do with the Ops original thread, refrain.

If someone feels the need or wishes to discuss those topics, create your own thread and have at it within forum rules, not in someone elses thread unsolicited.

Absolutely.

On other forums derailment like that would be managed by the moderators.

Discussions regarding fisheries management, ethics, and how I am a fishing purist after someone had posted a photo would be found to be off topic. Posts would be deleted and replaced by a mod stating, "stay on topic, if you want to discuss your personal views start another thread".

Fil_Can_Yakker
01-30-2013, 05:16 PM
I would say bunch of kindergartens on that "Cold Lake thread":angry3:

Its indeed embarrassing :bad_boys_20:

crownb
01-30-2013, 05:17 PM

X2 exactly what I was trying to say in the cold lake thread. I have no problem with people expressing their opinions just do it on the right thread or create your own.

Mike_W
01-30-2013, 05:21 PM
First off get some thicker skin...if you can't handle an internet forum then the world will chew you up.

The post in question was a joke from the beginning it wasnt the fisherman who caught the fish that asked for the picture to be posted.

The post was without depth and just said 32lb fish taken from cold lake on such and such a day.

So to say this thread even got derailed is a little far fetched because it was pointless from the start ....given that and with all the current concern with cold lake it was silly to post a fish of that size dead in someones kitchen again without any content.

Many things were discussed and I don't think the fisherman was ever attaked but in gereral some concerns were brought up about the lame state of our SRD managing our fisheries.
No one ever said he did anything illegal and many said it was a great fish.

The thread got "derailed" because the OP wasnt the fisherman nor was he there nor did he know much about the situation....I don't even know that he knew the fisherman in the picture.

This world is full of views and opinions if you don't wan't to hear them of be part of them maybe a public forum aint the place for you.

crownb
01-30-2013, 05:42 PM
First off get some thicker skin...if you can't handle an internet forum then the world will chew you up.

The post in question was a joke from the beginning it wasnt the fisherman who caught the fish that asked for the picture to be posted.

The post was without depth and just said 32lb fish taken from cold lake on such and such a day.

So to say this thread even got derailed is a little far fetched because it was pointless from the start ....given that and with all the current concern with cold lake it was silly to post a fish of that size dead in someones kitchen again without any content.

Many things were discussed and I don't think the fisherman was ever attaked but in gereral some concerns were brought up about the lame state of our SRD managing our fisheries.
No one ever said he did anything illegal and many said it was a great fish.

The thread got "derailed" because the OP wasnt the fisherman nor was he there nor did he know much about the situation....I don't even know that he knew the fisherman in the picture.

This world is full of views and opinions if you don't wan't to hear them of be part of them maybe a public forum aint the place for you.

He posted a pic to brag about the size of a fish, what's so wrong with that. But for some reason it turned into a whole lot more than nice fish bud congrats.he wasn't posting so he could here all about people's opinions on how cold lake should be run,just an innocent look at my fish.

Alberta Bigbore
01-30-2013, 05:57 PM

AO spelling police, call 911

Alberta Bigbore
01-30-2013, 06:00 PM
I am Emberassed also that I don't know how to spell embarrassed. I can always really on everyone on AO to set me straight. hahaha. No better way to have proven my point. You guys rule!!:sHa_shakeshout:

hey man.. it's "rely on", not "really on":sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol::):)

:bad_boys_20::bad_boys_20:

see you on Friday hopefully

nube
01-30-2013, 06:05 PM

I thought it was a joke when you gave me crap for killing a porcupine. I had a good laugh over that. Glad you feel like you contribute to this forum but if 75% of your posts are what you say they are then you have contributed just as much as the retards that you are talking about:)

Walleyes
01-30-2013, 06:27 PM
The title of this forum is called Fishing Discussion,, some one posted a pick of a fish,, it was discussed..

Lefty-Canuck
01-30-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm mmmm-bare-ask'd too

LC :)

flygirrl
01-30-2013, 07:42 PM
I would comment but I'm from down east and we believe in " clean em out boys"

Sigh:scared0018:

tacklerunner
01-30-2013, 08:05 PM
I would comment but I'm from down east and we believe in " clean em out boys"

Sigh:scared0018:

Bahahahahaha. Too funny.

Gust
01-30-2013, 09:18 PM

Ya know,,, before chocolate was brought over from S.A by the Spanish and turned from a drink and into a confection,, well, what was life before?

NIKON
01-31-2013, 05:17 AM
He posted a pic to brag about the size of a fish, what's so wrong with that. But for some reason it turned into a whole lot more than nice fish bud congrats.he wasn't posting so he could here all about people's opinions on how cold lake should be run,just an innocent look at my fish.

X2

I couldn't agree more , and it's a pizz poor excuse a few here feel you have to have a thick hide to be able to post a picture to share with others
It's pretty bad when one has to post a full detailed report on the fish caught to satisfy the armchair sideliners..... Once again this is why many have quit posting pictures..... myself included and it's not just the fishing thread
Enjoy your day
Nikon

Paul C
01-31-2013, 08:52 AM
I thought it was a joke when you gave me crap for killing a porcupine. I had a good laugh over that. Glad you feel like you contribute to this forum but if 75% of your posts are what you say they are then you have contributed just as much as the retards that you are talking about:)
Well said Mr.Nube.....

Paul C
01-31-2013, 08:54 AM
hey man.. it's "rely on", not "really on":sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol::):)

Some times the goodly is not so english.

Mike_W
01-31-2013, 09:07 AM
X2

I couldn't agree more , and it's a pizz poor excuse a few here feel you have to have a thick hide to be able to post a picture to share with others
It's pretty bad when one has to post a full detailed report on the fish caught to satisfy the armchair sideliners..... Once again this is why many have quit posting pictures..... myself included and it's not just the fishing thread
Enjoy your day
Nikon

Derailed yes but please show me where this guy was insulted ( either the OP or the fisherman in the picture)

Would have this been such a big deal to you if another thread was started and the big fish and our fisheries were discussed?

jacenbeers
01-31-2013, 09:11 AM

Good catch on this one. I didn't really know what he was trying to convey so I didn't tackle the subject in my original spelling police post.

crownb
01-31-2013, 09:26 AM
Derailed yes but please show me where this guy was insulted ( either the OP or the fisherman in the picture)

Would have this been such a big deal to you if another thread was started and the big fish and our fisheries were discussed?

You make the statement "please show me where this guy was insulted" so I ask you,in my statement or nikons statement where did we say he was insulted. I can't find it we simply stated he posted a pic and it turned into conservation of cold lake. I don't mean to answer for you Nikon but I don't understand this. The thread title was not how to mange and cold lake. It was JUST a picture of a guy with a fish he is very proud of.:snapoutofit:

Chris84
01-31-2013, 10:17 AM
I just felt bad for the OP in the cold lake thread, he was showing off something he was oviously proud of, a fish that was LEGAL to harvest. Later in the thread, the OP said he would not post another picture on here. I can only speak for myself, but I quite enjoy seeing pictures on here and do not like to discourage people from posting pictures. If I believe that the fish should have gone back, good for me, but I don't need to force my beliefs on anyone else, especially if it is legal.

waterhawk
01-31-2013, 10:20 AM

Alberta Bigbore: I do not understand why you would post this. The OP may not be the best speller. I believe that Baptiste Moose intentionally substituted "really" for "rely" to make some fun. It really does not matter. I think there should be no tolerance for members who criticize a post because of grammer and spelling. We have members that have a wealth of information about hunting, fishing and trapping but their writing ability may not be the best. I don't care how they put it down. I want the benefit of their wisdom and knowledge. If this school teacher type nonsence keeps up, you can bet many of those guys will be shy to contribute.

Pincherguy
01-31-2013, 10:28 AM
Alberta Bigbore: I do not understand why you would post this. The OP may not be the best speller. I believe that Baptiste Moose intentionally substituted "really" for "rely" to make some fun. It really does not matter. I think there should be no tolerance for members who criticize a post because of grammer and spelling. We have members that have a wealth of information about hunting, fishing and trapping but their writing ability may not be the best. I don't care how they put it down. I want the benefit of their wisdom and knowledge. If this school teacher type nonsence keeps up, you can bet many of those guys will be shy to contribute.

X 100, no need for bs responses from those who think they are better than someone else.
PG

kevinhits
01-31-2013, 11:15 AM

I believe he was joking. ABB did say "maybe see you on Friday"

Must be friends

Okotokian
01-31-2013, 11:25 AM
I believe he was joking. ABB did say "maybe see you on Friday"

Must be friends

That was my interpretation as well. Looks like two guys that know each other taking a poke in fun.

baptiste_moose
01-31-2013, 11:41 AM
Ya we know each other and we're just having some fun. And I did not mis-spell on purpose. It's tricky with auto-correct. Some good points brought up guys. The intent wasn't to single people out but to make the point to stay positive and on topic. Send a PM if you have questions or points of view. Be nice like your momma's taught you!!

Hey nube. Did u hire a guide to write that for you???

How was my spelling guys?? Lol

Winch101
01-31-2013, 11:47 AM
Lots?...many times guys post pics and some yahoo , takes a run at them

About some ridiculous reason ,size, specie ,etc. The poster won't make that mistake again unless he is naturally inclined to that FU attitude.

There are several thick skinned people on here ,that that Internet diarrhea
Doesn't seem to affect . there should some emoticons that say.

Don't like it , go back to your soaps .

I know you are but what am I

And Thumpers byline .

This has been going on since day one on here....jus another day in
Paradise....:argue2:

NIKON
01-31-2013, 01:36 PM

The insult wasn't direct , but implied so to speak
If it were me posting the pic i would have felt 100% insulted ,yes
The post got derailed by a few for sure , will this guy ever post another pic of a big fish or anyone else out of Cold Lake..... I'd be surprised

Start another thread ?........ Go for it,

I'm headed to Cold lake tuesday....... If i were to catch a 32 lb Laker , well let's just say it won't get posted here that's for sure
Enjoy your day
Nikon

chriscosta
01-31-2013, 01:53 PM
im pretty sure it doesnt matter who you are 99.9% of the people bashing this guy for keepin that fish would have kept it themselves

MtnGiant
01-31-2013, 02:07 PM

He spelled it correctly in his title...but then lost it in the txt.

This aint no spelln B quiz...cut the man some slack mr professor.
Nitpicking isnt kool...It's called B****ing...a term socially reserved for women who have an unsavory demeaner?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

MtnGiant
01-31-2013, 02:11 PM
The post got derailed by a few for sure , will this guy ever post another pic of a big fish or anyone else out of Cold Lake..... I'd be surprised

I'm headed to Cold lake tuesday....... If i were to catch a 32 lb Laker , well let's just say it won't get posted here that's for sure
Enjoy your day
Nikon

You make a good point...it's kinda like a scolded child...u aint gonna get good results sometimes.

Well then...pm me that monster pic if u get one....luv to see it...and I promise only words of praise.

Walleyes
01-31-2013, 02:35 PM

Enjoy your day
Nikon

But you will kill it and keep it right,, cause that's the law and yer right,, the lake and the species be damned,, cause that's yer right..

Intelligence like a rock some people I tell yah,, like a rock..

MtnGiant
01-31-2013, 03:07 PM
But you will kill it and keep it right,, cause that's the law and yer right,, the lake and the species be damned,, cause that's yer right..

Where did he say he'd keep it???
Like a true rock...your just putting words in his mouth without facts.
Assuming is the mother of all ***ups friendo

Walleyes
01-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Where did he say he'd keep it???
Like a true rock...your just putting words in his mouth without facts.
Assuming is the mother of all f***ups friendo

Cool,,, Like A Rock,, is one of my favourite songs,, thx city..

MtnGiant
01-31-2013, 03:29 PM
Cool,,, Like A Rock,, is one of my favourite songs,, thx city..

NP....glad I brought back some sing along music memories for you.

City????

Don't start that assuming thing again....go consult a physician about this ailment :)

crownb
01-31-2013, 03:40 PM
You make a good point...it's kinda like a scolded child...u aint gonna get good results sometimes.

Well then...pm me that monster pic if u get one....luv to see it...and I promise only words of praise.

The original thread stated that the fish was basically dead on the ice, throwing up all its contents, your right he probably should have released it and let it die under the ice, come on, at least this way there was some value to the fish. Not sure why releasing a near dead fish is a solution to the problem at cold lake, by your own words maybe nobody should fish there because heaven forbid if you catch a large fish that is dieing from being pulled up to fast in deep water you are harming the lake. I guess your solution would be NO FISHING ANYWHERE them those big old fish will be safe.

Pixel Shooter
01-31-2013, 03:42 PM
I think Im going to enjoy spending lots of time in the fishing section now with all you fine folks. Upwards and onwards........:sHa_shakeshout:

BeeGuy
01-31-2013, 04:02 PM
:sSc_hiding:

Casey Jones you better watch your speed.

NIKON
01-31-2013, 04:03 PM

Hey walleyes
U should have stuck to your apology, i was actually thinking it was sincere
Was I dead wrong, go internet bully someone else
Go save a walleyes

Nikon

crf250xtom
01-31-2013, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=Walleyes;1828474]But you will kill it and keep it right,, cause that's the law and yer right,, the lake and the species be damned,, cause that's yer right..

Intelligence like a rock some people I tell yah,, like a rock..[/QUOTE UOTEQUOTE]

You sir are quite a specimen one of those country guys that thinks that if you live close to the lake you have more rights and the ability to give someone the gears cause they catch and keep a big fish. I hope that lake gets fished out and then dries up so you can keep all the dust to yourself. Instead of being an arm chair biologist tie yourself to a tree and quit posting your non sense.

Walleyes
01-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Well now here yah go.. You can't talk about conservation on a pic post,, can't talk about it on a post about posting about conservation..

Boy I really got to go read the guide lines on Internet forum use,, wouldn't want to voice an opinion that goes against the grain..

Carry on kids,, kill away..

Just faded old pictures,,, just faded old pictures..

NIKON
01-31-2013, 04:15 PM
Well now here yah go.. You can't talk about conservation on a pic post,, can't talk about it on a post about posting about conservation..

Boy I really got to go read the guide lines on Internet forum use,, wouldn't want to voice an opinion that goes against the grain..

Get some help buddy,

Nikon

crf250xtom
01-31-2013, 04:19 PM

Bud like I said shouldn't you be hugging a tree and while you're doing it leave your phone at home.

ak-71
01-31-2013, 04:24 PM

This bright orange on your avatar confuses me :thinking-006:
Can't see what are you doing, but hope you are not contemplating to harm some defenseless creature there :)

Walleyes
01-31-2013, 04:29 PM
Lol,, this place is a blast,, way to easy..

NIKON
01-31-2013, 04:33 PM
This bright orange on your avatar confuses me :thinking-006:
Can't see what are you doing, but hope you are not contemplating to harm some defenseless creature there :)

LOL
I hope he aint hunting moose in Alberta where the population is suffering
That would just be wrong, killing a mature breeding bull ?....or is he after a cow that may have spawned twins possibly..... even though they have offered tags on a draw i hope he ate his and saved another moose or maybe 2 or 3.....
Some guys just don't get it, I'm sure if Cold lake is suffering from lack of fish they would close it to sport fishing..... jmho
You better explain your avatar, with full details
Nikon

C Taylor
01-31-2013, 04:36 PM
What I don't get is how people that have never fished the lake can sit back an cry about killing it. In my opinion cold lake is better for trout now than ever.
It used to be netted for white fish and seasons closed because of too many trout being netted. Now it's traps instead of nets and I have noticed a huge difference in the amount of trout I catch. At least in the summer I can catch them winter I still struggle lol. Some of the ones making the most stink about keeping fish are guilty themselves.

BeeGuy
01-31-2013, 04:39 PM
...trouble ahead, trouble behind...

MtnGiant
01-31-2013, 04:39 PM

What place are you refering too?????

I assume that magical neverland in ur head!?!?!?!?!?!?!

What colour is the sky in your world bro???

MtnGiant
01-31-2013, 04:42 PM
What I don't get is how people that have never fished the lake can sit back an cry about killing it. In my opinion cold lake is better for trout now than ever.
It used to be netted for white fish and seasons closed because of too many trout being netted. Now it's traps instead of nets and I have noticed a huge difference in the amount of trout I catch. At least in the summer I can catch them winter I still struggle lol. Some of the ones making the most stink about keeping fish are guilty themselves.

What's wrong with keeping fish anyway??...luv eatin em ever since I was a lil gaffer and will continue to do so. Harvest is goooooood

C Taylor
01-31-2013, 04:58 PM
The only problem I got with keeping one is when I can't catch them.
I'm not big on catch an release. I like to catch my meal then quit fishing but that's just my way. I'm not going to harp on the guys catching and throwing back all day either. I respect their style and they should respect mine as both are legal.

crownb
01-31-2013, 05:12 PM
The only problem I got with keeping one is when I can't catch them.
I'm not big on catch an release. I like to catch my meal then quit fishing but that's just my way. I'm not going to harp on the guys catching and throwing back all day either. I respect their style and they should respect mine as both are legal.

Agreed, and i am sure occasionaly you catch a large fish of whatever species you are fishing for, keeping fish never hurt nobody.

Mike_W
01-31-2013, 05:14 PM
Ok first a few things .... The OP or pic poster is NOT the fisherman .... Clear?

Second much more was discussed than just cold lake it was the overall poor state of our fishery.
It's not about keeping fish or shooting a big game animal (which is just a silly comparison) it's about what fish are kept .... Crap happens fish big and small die from a fight. Whatever circumstance are around the fish in the picture doesn't matter. In general Alberta has minimum size limits on many lake that force anglers if they want a fish for the table to take a larger breeding fish, it seems backwards.

Lets face Walleyes and I haven't always seen eye to eye but many comments made to him are childish and rude.

How some class guys try and have an educated discussion.
I'm sure we all agree that the other thread got derailed and I had my part in that ..... It happened now its done.

crownb
01-31-2013, 05:17 PM

Kill away, now you are turning a debate into i am losing so now I will lash out and get ignorant, the fish was dieing and he was well within his rights to keep it, just as you are well within your rights to release it. No need to call people who keep fish killers, we are just outdoorsman enjoying the outdoors and having a good feeding now and then. I do like the comments on your avatar though, surely you are calling and watching not shooting RIGHT.

BeeGuy
01-31-2013, 05:23 PM
Dear mods,

Why does this continue?

huntsfurfish
01-31-2013, 05:27 PM
It helps keep them out of the other threads:)

ELECTRIC FISHER
01-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Dear mods,

Why does this continue?

X2
This is getting a little old guys.

Winch101
01-31-2013, 05:38 PM
If you ask me what think , I .........sorry my mom says I have too get

Off the computer now.......:tongue2:

stickfloat
01-31-2013, 05:46 PM
I can somewhat understand your stance on the preservation of the state of
the Cold Lake fishery, as well as your opinionated views of how "outsiders" are to blame for the demise of others in your neck of the woods(the Waiu thread)
You tend to preach all this BS about how everybody is the cause for certain fisheries' collapse and that how protecting the future of the fishery is of primary
concern, blah, blah....

I ask then if you are so against keeping a perfectly legal fish, or fishing in "your" area....why do you "proudly" show otherwise in the PICTURES thread that you caught in somebody elses back yard.......l don't believe we here in central/northern Alberta are blessed with salmon, halibut, or cod. you appear to be very pleased with your catch...By the way the minimum size for the salmon would have been considerably smaller than the one you proudly display.
Why wasn't a prime spawner released and you keep smaller fish.

Isn't this hypocrisy ????? Or are we just enjoying what we are legally entitled to????

crownb
01-31-2013, 05:55 PM
I can somewhat understand your stance on the preservation of the state of
the Cold Lake fishery, as well as your opinionated views of how "outsiders" are to blame for the demise of others in your neck of the woods(the Waiu thread)
You tend to preach all this BS about how everybody is the cause for certain fisheries' collapse and that how protecting the future of the fishery is of primary
concern, blah, blah....

I ask then if you are so against keeping a perfectly legal fish, or fishing in "your" area....why do you "proudly" show otherwise in the PICTURES thread that you caught in somebody elses back yard.......l don't believe we here in central/northern Alberta are blessed with salmon, halibut, or cod. you appear to be very pleased with your catch...By the way the minimum size for the salmon would have been considerably smaller than the one you proudly display.
Why wasn't a prime spawner released and you keep smaller fish.

Isn't this hypocrisy ????? Or are we just enjoying what we are legally entitled to????
Great point, well said

KegRiver
01-31-2013, 06:11 PM
Since it seems that some of you, well one of you, haven't read the rules Rob set out, or have forgotten them and it seems that you are reading this thread, read this.

To quote Rob Miskosky.
Please use common courtesy and respect to other message board users.

You do know who Rob Miskosky is don't you?

Prejudging what someone might do is total disrespect towards that person and towards all members of this site and towards Rob himself. It's his site and his rules. Likewise with putting words in other peoples mouths.

By ignoring HIS Rules you are saying that you are better then he is and/or have more rights on this site then he does.

It seems that some folks have gotten the idea that we moderators make up the rules on the fly. That we are on some sort of personal mission.

If you were to read the rules, you might discover that we are trying to carry out Rob's wishes for this site.

Yes that's right, it's Rob who made the rules and Rob who set up this site for your enjoyment, and you abuse it.

It really is embarrassing, and I feel bad for him. Seeing His generosity so disrespected.

Pixel Shooter
01-31-2013, 06:21 PM
Great question :thinking-006: Having said that, what is being discussed is much of what the intial thread was attesting too, so get it out of your system , not a free for all, respectful and within forum rules.

For new threads, I have made myself clear, so feel free to take me for a test drive, but i wont be buying and a few may decide to vacation for a while. Be forewarned, this isnt lip service. We are all for great discussion, differing of opinions and thoughts in respectful ways and talk about issues that threaten our fishery and most importantly sharing in our passions of fishing BUT do it respectfully, in the right threads, no more derailing......

Look forward to reading all posts here in the fishing forum and making this a better fishing forum in 2013

p.s using profanity or asterisks or particial cursing is considered inappropriate, one does not need to do this to articulate their views or opinion

Dear mods,

Why does this continue?

Alberta Bigbore
01-31-2013, 06:30 PM

You need to give it a rest.. its just a joke between people who knwo each other.

But yes... Im always on AO grammar police butts... the see you on friday should have been your first clue:):)

pickrel pat
01-31-2013, 06:31 PM

And you started out so well after your return....... Sigh.

Alberta Bigbore
01-31-2013, 06:36 PM
^^^in regards to my last post

X 100, no need for bs responses from those who think they are better than someone else.
PG

Same goes for you....:)

But anyways.. this thread is beyond saving. Nice to see everyone get along.