PDA

View Full Version : Honker Heaven Outfitters Inc.

uke hunter
01-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Hi guys,

I am looking a booking a guided hunt in Saskatchewan in the fall of 2013 with Honker Heaven Outfitters Inc. It is just east of Saskatoon. Has anyone used their services or heard anything about this outfitter (quality of hunts, guides, numbers of birds etc)? Looking for some feedback if anyone knows anything as this is my first time using a outfitter.
Thanks!

:character0110:

afret200
01-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Never hunted with them, but went with Top Gun Outfitters last fall for snows. Matt is one of the best outfitters out there and would highly recommend top gun

nube
01-30-2013, 08:30 PM
I know a really good outfitter here in Alberta if your interested instead! :)

Advantage Taxidermy
01-31-2013, 05:12 PM
Who would that be nube lol

Sled Ed
01-31-2013, 05:41 PM
PM me I will get you in contact with a real good set of guys that do a great hunt

nube
01-31-2013, 05:54 PM
Who would that be nube lol

I think you would know Alex you hunted with hima few times lol

Advantage Taxidermy
01-31-2013, 06:15 PM
Ya had a great time man he put us on birds
Big Thankyou

Roughneck Country
02-01-2013, 05:59 AM
Not sure of an outfitter in southern Sask but if you can find one around the Estavan/Rafferty Dam area you will have a good shoot. The one and only time I went goose hunting was there. We sat in a rock pile in the middle of a field no camo, not really hidden and we had our limit of Canadian geese in the first fly over. I actually had time to reload twice before they were all through. It was also the first time I had ever gone wing hunting period. After that we shot a few snow geese but the guy I was with told me they wernt that good of eating so we headed out.

I believe it is in the middle of a major migration route and there were more birds than I have ever seen. Not really a bird hunter but had a great time down there.

Tundra Monkey
02-01-2013, 06:22 AM
I did my one and only goose hunt with these guys and would definately go again. Limit of geese in the morning. Walk around and miss huns all afternoon after a huge feed. Limit out on ducks in the late afternoon/evening. Located in Mistatim. Great place to stay and an awesome family :happy0034:

http://simoneauoutfitting.com/

uke hunter
02-01-2013, 10:38 PM
I have contacted numerous outfitters about the type of hunt that I am looking for and this is the only outfitter that said they would accommodate me. Every outfitter offers all-inclusive hunting. You know, guided hunts, accommodations, meals, bird cleaning etc (what I would consider a package that Americans may be looking for). What I am looking for is for a guided hunt..that's it. I want to stay in my own camper with a buddy and my father, cook my own meals, clean my own birds, bring my own shells etc. I simply need someone to put me on the birds (morning and evening), provide, set up and collect decoys, provide me with a spot with power to set up my camper...that's about it. No one but this outfitter, that I contacted, was willing to do this. He seems extremely nice to talk to on the phone.

Rhino81
02-01-2013, 10:43 PM
I have contacted numerous outfitters about the type of hunt that I am looking for and this is the only outfitter that said they would accommodate me. Every outfitter offers all-inclusive hunting. You know, guided hunts, accommodations, meals, bird cleaning etc (what I would consider a package that Americans may be looking for). What I am looking for is for a guided hunt..that's it. I want to stay in my own camper with a buddy and my father, cook my own meals, clean my own birds, bring my own shells etc. I simply need someone to put me on the birds (morning and evening), provide, set up and collect decoys, provide me with a spot with power to set up my camper...that's about it. No one but this outfitter, that I contacted, was willing to do this. He seems extremely nice to talk to on the phone.join goosebusters and save your money. We have plenty of good hunts and no need to pay a outfitter.

7 REM MAG
02-03-2013, 11:41 AM
sounds like a pretty high list you have from an outfitter, they don't usually set u to accommodate guys like yourself because once you show them how to do what they're doing its not hard to come back and try it yourself, you wont have nearly as good of results but you'll still kill some birds, sounds like you need to find a campground near where you want to hunt and put in the time/effort to learn how to bird hunt yourself

uke hunter
02-03-2013, 01:39 PM
I know how to bird hunt myself thank you very much. I have been hunting waterfowl/upland for 25 years! I have all the decoys, electronic gizmos/gadgets and toys etc. Just looking for someone to take the guess work out of looking for birds, doing the scouting for me and getting me permission. This outfitter is willing to do this for me. You know what happens when you assume something.

nube
02-03-2013, 05:24 PM
The amount of time you are going to spend driving back and forth to Saskatchewan you may as well do it all yourself here in Alberta. Save some money as well. To me it sounds like you don't want to pay any decent amount or do any of the dirty work of spotting. I don't recomend getting an outfitter to spot for you. Why would he? If he has clients you will be getting the crappy fields or thrown out into a swamp that has not been spotted. I go through a $100 worth of fuel for a day of spotting. I would be interested to know how much you are paying him a day to spot? I know I wouldn't for less than $500 a day. After expenses and taxes it just isn't worth my time.

As said earlier get a campsite and then do your own spotting. You will enjoy it a lot more and have a better experience in the end.

uke hunter
02-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Guys, the point to the post was to get some insight into if anyone has used Honker Heaven Outfitters....not to critique my hunting skills/style. If you haven't used their services, I would kindly ask you to keep your opinions to yourselves.

Kyle
02-03-2013, 09:36 PM
The amount of time you are going to spend driving back and forth to Saskatchewan you may as well do it all yourself here in Alberta. Save some money as well. To me it sounds like you don't want to pay any decent amount or do any of the dirty work of spotting. I don't recomend getting an outfitter to spot for you. Why would he? If he has clients you will be getting the crappy fields or thrown out into a swamp that has not been spotted. I go through a $100 worth of fuel for a day of spotting. I would be interested to know how much you are paying him a day to spot? I know I wouldn't for less than $500 a day. After expenses and taxes it just isn't worth my time.

As said earlier get a campsite and then do your own spotting. You will enjoy it a lot more and have a better experience in the end.

Well said.