PDA

View Full Version : Going Perch Hunting This Weekend!

ukrmaf
06-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey guys, heading up to the Boyle area this weekend for some good'ol perching although i havnt been able to locate a school in the summer for years the hopes are still there, wondering if anyone has fished, hope, amisk, or north buck lakes recently, also gonna try the underwater camera on the boat, see whats going on down there, wondering if anyone has tried that and how it worked, i'm starting to think its not the lack of good perch fishing but they way i'm trying to catch them, however the restrictions on pike and walters over the last half decade must have some kind of adverse effect on the little guys.

Any info would be appreciated and i'll post where exactly we are going towards the end of the week if any of you out there wanna join up.

redneck posse
06-16-2008, 08:02 PM
buddy came back from cow lake over the weekend with a nice bag of perch

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Long lake is hot for perch fishing year round.

ukrmaf
06-17-2008, 07:21 PM
I was over at the fishing hole this afternoon and the guys were saying lac la none was producing major perch the last couple of days, anyone try out there lately? Mabey they're starting to bite......one can only hope!!!:huh:

happy perch fisher
06-17-2008, 07:45 PM
LOL this was preaty funny to read gl with those one at lac la nonne

06-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Oh fuk happy perch fisher not to pick another fine arguement with you . As you clame to be the perch god .I was there this winter sure we were pulling perch and wally's but not in the numbers that use to be there , theres tons of fish in that lake .Lots of perch to but they are pretty small .

happy perch fisher
06-17-2008, 09:26 PM
lol ok whatever u say big badjohn maybe u sould hold your little ice fishing tournment out there show everyone how to catch the perch out there. Just make sure u can catch aleast 1 and get a picture of it that can be verfied.
Lol i did'nt know why u keep telling people long lake is so good for perch most of the perch dissapered about 5 years ago leaving only the big ones 9+ inches those same perch have been in that lake for aleast 10 plus years. do u think they would still be there if they would bite your hook. So i did'nt see how its so good there.

06-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Lol i did'nt know why u keep telling people long lake is so good for perch most of the perch dissapered about 5 years ago leaving only the big ones 9+ inches those same perch have been in that lake for aleast 10 plus years. do u think they would still be there if they would bite your hook. So i did'nt see how its so good there.

Well I know for a fact theres perch in there I fish that lake alot over winter , and even the summer towards late july , early august i always catch my perch out of that lake , and in fact Ive hammered some big perch out of there . But whatever you keep letting people know theres no fish in there . You know you gotta get your ass out of your computer chair to get out and actually find these fish , but its alright we understand its exam time.

happy perch fisher
06-17-2008, 09:39 PM
ok big bad john
take everyone out there with u catch them perch since u know where they are and pls give a detialed report 2 and make sure u bring someone with u not just say u caught them. If u can even catch any i'll take everything back i ever said to u. Bring a camera 2.

oh yah big bad john your on this way more then i am so maybe u sould go and show everyone all those perch out of lac la nonne.

Jester
06-17-2008, 09:48 PM
How many "Long Lake" 's are there anyway?

ukrmaf
06-18-2008, 01:22 AM
As far as i know there is only one, just south, south east of boyle but i may be wrong.

I have had some great success in the past at Long Lake for perch but havnt fished it in about 3 years, hey perch fisher god how about some positive feedback for once, the smart***** remarks all the time are really getting boring, so if you have nothing good or positive to say in terms of input, why pollute the forum???? And for your info I've fished with BBJ and seen fish he's pulled out of the water and feel his reports are quite accurate. GROW UP!

BBJ I dont think I'm gonna head to Long cause i'm not a big fan of the campground there, i'm thinking hope or north buck, hope has a really nice campground n.buck i havent been too yet, but the fiance is coming out too and the campground is important, if your not busy head up that way for some fishing.

WTHunter
06-18-2008, 08:19 AM
I was at Hope lake the past two days camping. We had some good perch action, saw a tonne. We were even getting them biting on panther martins. Some real nice size ones also. We also tried for pike, but it was terrible. 6 hammer handles in a couple of days- no fight to them. The perch were in 2-3 feet of water at the far end of the lake on the warm evenings- if you go to Hope you should clean up. There is a stupid day use charge to launch our boat if you are not staying over night.

06-18-2008, 01:58 PM
There are 2 long lakes ones a prov park and the other is north of athabasca .

ukrmaf
06-19-2008, 12:11 AM
thanx wt we are going to be camping there from friday to moday so the fee shouldnt be an issue hopefully its included in the camping charge

happy perch fisher
06-19-2008, 10:05 AM
good luck with perch urk maybe ask big bad john where the perch are he seems to be the only one that knows.

Drewski Canuck
06-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Geez guys!

If you want to have some fun and can locate the humps at the north end of Elinor Lake, on a HOT CALM DAY, just before a thunder storm seems best, use a Pickerel Rig with Minnow, and anchor on the humps.

That's all I am going to say. Now BEHAVE.

Drewski

mulecrazy
06-19-2008, 11:51 AM
good luck with perch urk maybe ask big bad john where the perch are he seems to be the only one that knows.

Like a 4 inch perch.... just let it go man. Maybe you tried those lakes on a bad day or time or with the wrong equipment. I think we can all agree that in the same lake on the same day, heck even in the same boat everyone has different results. Just because you have "perch" in your name does not give you the right to tell someone he is full of crap about catching perch. sheesh.

Morph1
06-19-2008, 12:19 PM
LOL, another one of those amusing threads,
anyone can be a perch expert, 3 simple steps -1 locate the school 2 figure out the depth , 3 throw anything at it, harvest you limit and go home :lol:
done that last night , they were very tasty:)

cheers

happy perch fisher
06-19-2008, 02:16 PM
while big bad john is the only person that say he's been catch lots of perch out of there. yet he has nothing to back this up. Also i have'nt heard of any catching any number of perch out of there for past 5 years.

06-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Well mr happy perch fisher lets load up the boat and go ill show you these spots , ill give you the exact same set up as I use . ill even let you fish the same side of the boat. Im sick of you second guessing me . Ive never been more second guessed by anyone except you . I never have a bad day fishing . In all my posts are all honerable and honest .What the hell am I gonna get out of lieing about catch or not catching .You just need to grow up and stop always second guessing everyone includeing me . You probably not that bad of a guy but you constently stick you nose where it doesnt belong. I dont give 2 ****s what you think but we all know you wouldnt show up anyway.

collectornine
06-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Well mr happy perch fisher lets load up the boat and go ill show you these spots , ill give you the exact same set up as I use . ill even let you fish the same side of the boat. Im sick of you second guessing me .Well there you have it put up perchfisher or ______ up .Other wise you are no mor then a troll as i can see i have read alot of these posts and enjoyed them you come along only to start a ****ing match .So bbj has made a offer put up or _____Up.OTHER WISE GUYS AND GALS DONT FEED THE TROLLS.

hayseed
06-19-2008, 08:27 PM
I never have a bad day fishing . .

Now there is a true fisherman.....:lol: I'm with you BBJ....

iliketrout
06-19-2008, 10:22 PM
I never have a bad day fishing.

A horrible day on the water beats an awesome day at work!

06-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Well there you have it put up perchfisher or ______ up .Other wise you are no mor then a troll as i can see i have read alot of these posts and enjoyed them you come along only to start a ****ing match .So bbj has made a offer put up or _____Up.OTHER WISE GUYS AND GALS DONT FEED THE TROLLS.

this is the second I called em out to pigeon for ice fishing and didnt showe like what was expected.

06-19-2008, 11:39 PM
A horrible day on the water beats an awesome day at work!

Isnt that the truth. I can hammer tons during open water but my skills are put to the test during the hard water season but I still do alright.

ukrmaf
06-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Fishing was great, got rained out on sunday but friday and saturday the perch were located on the far end of the lake in up to 8ft of water depending on time of day, and water temp i'm guessing. No monsters but a blast to catch and we managed to keep enough for a fry on saturday night. The water was nice and clear and when the wind wasnt blowing you could watch the litlle gus come right up to our hook, which was nice considering my aquavu crapped out as soon as i turned it on. As for bait i had minnow de worms and maggots, the latter twon worked the best however if you dont want to mess around with the really small ones minnows work great too.

Next weekend off to slave for some walters!!!

redneck posse
06-23-2008, 08:28 PM
how did those rod and reels work for ya. glad to hear that you found the fish.

ukrmaf
06-23-2008, 10:37 PM
redneck the gear was awesome, my buddy is coming into town sometime this week and he needs some glasses from you, and iv got people in line for more stuff so let me know as soon as its in.