PDA

View Full Version : Buck ErgoHunter - Pro Hunting Knife 4-3/4" S30V Blade with 420HC Guthook Ring

Andrzej
01-31-2013, 04:47 PM
Buck ErgoHunter - Pro Hunting Knife 4-3/4" S30V Blade with 420HC Guthook Ring

Anybody using S30V Blade. Pro, Contras , Opinions Please

CaberTosser
01-31-2013, 06:35 PM
I have it in the S30V with the separate guthook 'key ring' rather than the guthook in the blade itself. Beautifully sharp, it has held an edge well for what I've used it for, but I've not taken an animal since buying it so unfortunately I have no field dressing field reports for you. I bought it because the blade profile seemed rather like a Puma White Hunter, but at a more attractive price. I even bought the folding model afterwards, which is a great mid sized folder, but it can only be carried in the sheath, as the grippy & thick handle will hold up on your pockets and make it an absolute terror to put in or remove from a pocket.

normanrd
01-31-2013, 07:53 PM
I have been using an s30v blade for the last 4 years or so, and have no complaints. it is tough and holds its edge well. been through an elka nd a moose start to finish in the same day and never needed to be sharpened. of course it depends on hoe the individual treats a knife.

Andrzej
01-31-2013, 08:01 PM
I've got folder as well as a matching pare and belt sheath allows me to carry it sideways which is less in the way.
This blade is not used yet.

My Son's Ergohunter and gut hook we used on one elk and blade after we were done was as sharp as before we started.

Can't wait to use both of mine.

Only 8-9 months to go.