PDA

View Full Version : wolf

craig82
02-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Hey evryone. I am just wondering if anyone has seen any wolf this year. I live between Sundre and caroline and i am looking for a good spot to get a crack at a few. If anyone could help me out on some good spots I would be thankfull. also where are all the coyets this year? I have seen 5 all winter. Last year you couldn't drive a mile without seeing one.
Thanks

Ryry4
02-01-2013, 09:17 AM
I know last year there were some out towards the Ya Ha Tinda ranch. Do the sheep a favor out there are kill as many as you can. I think there were even a few baits set up to try and bring them in.

Scotty P.
02-01-2013, 09:21 AM
I've seen three just this past year up the Swan lake road which is right close to you. Try up the LH5 road in 326. The ones I've seen were hanging out on the pipeline cuts. Good luck! I hope you bag several!

H380
02-01-2013, 09:40 AM
I've seen three just this past year up the Swan lake road which is right close to you. Try up the LH5 road in 326. The ones I've seen were hanging out on the pipeline cuts. Good luck! I hope you bag several!

Couldn't have said it better myself . All good spots to check . Also the cutlines north of Swan lake and west of 752

Smokinyotes
02-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Lots of wolf tracks in the Niton Edson area but have not saw any in a couple years. As far coyotes I 'm not seeing them either. Not sure what is different than last year except the snow is deeper. I didn't think more snow would bother them because it's hard pack and they should be able to run on top anyhow.

craig82
02-01-2013, 10:11 AM
thanks guys! I hunted bear this spring and fall around swan lake with no luck but I do know the area. I'm going to give it a try in the am and see what I can turn up.

Weatherbyguy
02-01-2013, 10:31 AM
My run at work is west of caroline straight through all between prairie creek road and highway 54 and there is tons of wolfs! See a pack or two every week as wells as cougars

craig82
02-01-2013, 10:58 AM
That is what I wanted to hear weatherbyguy!! What time of day are you seeing them? I got a bit of time comming up and would love to blast some wolf. thanks for the help

Grizzly Adams
02-01-2013, 04:10 PM
That is what I wanted to hear weatherbyguy!! What time of day are you seeing them? I got a bit of time comming up and would love to blast some wolf. thanks for the help

Just cause people tell you where they've seen them, doesn't mean they are there anymore. :D They can travel a long distance very quickly, but it's a starting point. Boots on the ground is your best bet. Just practising up with my new ELK Inc. wolf howler. Heff, the dog, is not impressed. :evilgrin:

Grizz