PDA

View Full Version : kicking my own butt

valley13
02-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Went out to bear today with my mom and it happened. Drilled ewenty holes shallow to deep with my new auger i bought myself for christmas (8" eskimo cause i dont wanna spend the extra hundred) and today it finally happened. Set my tipups in three feet of water with ten in hearing and then set about hopping around the other hole with the rods.We each nailed a small jack right off the bat, then i got into a few perch out deeper then it happened. One of the tipups flew so i hollered at mom to go get it as she hadnt got a bite since her first fish. She fought it well and it was taking a while with a bunch of runsi
and solid weight behind it i had a pretty good feeling it was a big girl. Only
problem is get her head to the hole an thats as far as she is coming.I made the hundred yard dash to where my auger is and get her fired up so i can widen the hole up warning my mom to try and keep the line away from the sharp end of things. Made it just through the ice and the big girl decides she has life left in her and drags the line right into the blades. Off she goes to fight another day. We both had a mini church service then a good laugh.You can bet your butt ill be back out there tomorrow:sHa_shakeshout:

Ps had no idea mom could swear like a sailor on shore leave

saskyangler
02-01-2013, 04:48 PM
lol great story

waterninja
02-01-2013, 05:16 PM
how many of you were out there? did you state that you had 10 tipups within hearing while fishing other holes?
too bad about your mom but either way great story.

valley13
02-01-2013, 05:21 PM
ten inch

diamonddave
02-01-2013, 05:23 PM
how many of you were out there? did you state that you had 10 tipups within hearing while fishing other holes?
too bad about your mom but either way great story.

Come on Ninja work on your reading comprehension,leave the ao spelling marshal vest in the closet!!
Great story, bet your mom will be back with you next time!!:sHa_shakeshout:

falroy
02-01-2013, 05:25 PM
10" herring

waterninja
02-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Come on Ninja work on your reading comprehension,leave the ao spelling marshal vest in the closet!!
Great story, bet your mom will be back with you next time!!:sHa_shakeshout:
sorry guys. i never critisized his spelling and after re-reading the post i'm still a little confused but he probably meant 10" holes. wasn't trying to start any chit. sounds like they had fun and i'm sure mom wants a second chance at the hog.

BeeGuy
02-01-2013, 08:24 PM
my favorite part of ice fishing is the absolute chaos that can ensue.

sounds like a pretty memorable "one that got away" story

pikester
02-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Dude I feel your pain had the exact same thing happen a couple years ago at Gull. Closest I've ever come to crying & puking over a lost fish:(

Vigsy
02-01-2013, 09:03 PM
sorry guys. i never critisized his spelling and after re-reading the post i'm still a little confused but he probably meant 10" holes. wasn't trying to start any chit. sounds like they had fun and i'm sure mom wants a second chance at the hog.

10 inch herring dude

valley13
02-01-2013, 09:47 PM
ya vigsy shes coming back out tomorrow:sHa_shakeshout:

Geezle
02-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Time to start drilling double holes! :evilgrin: