PDA

View Full Version : Marcum VS385, does anybody have one?

BLD
02-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Today is my wife's birthday and she really loves ice fishing in our shack, I bought her a Marcum VS385. I couldn't find any reviews on this unit, I'm hoping that anybody that has one can tell me of the pros and cons of this unit.
She hasn't opened it yet (doesn't even know she has one).
Any comments will be appreciated.

browning375
02-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Pretty good unit by my opinion! Mine works awsome, I'm sure someone will have a negative opinion on them but I like mine.

Icefishinfanatic
02-01-2013, 05:31 PM
i got one too they work great

ArtVandelay
02-01-2013, 05:36 PM
I've used mine several times this season and I have no issues so far. I usually use it Pike fishing and I get a consistently clear picture with the camera 3-4' from my bait. It has helped me catch lots of Pike. The charger is a little different from my LX5 - the VS385 doesn't have a digital meter but you just charge it until the green light comes on. I get all day use on a single charge.

Hope that helps.

Oh, you might as well pick up the panner sometime because it's a pain twirling the chord with your fingers when you want to have a look around.

cjhouben
02-01-2013, 06:50 PM
I have one
works awesome!! great picture, built very well. The only thing i would suggest is get yourself a camera panner.

moosehead7
02-01-2013, 06:58 PM
I have one
works awesome!! great picture, built very well. The only thing i would suggest is get yourself a camera panner.

Me and my brother bought a marcum last year and it works great, i dont know the model but it came with the panner and plan on using it tomorrow. Its pretty awesome watching the fish down in the bottom in the summer on the boat too.:sHa_shakeshout:

mayuan
02-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Great camera, only issue is the light is not that great for night fishing. Going to try a mod with mounting an aqua-vu spot light.

thorne
02-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Sorry.....its a Marcum...they have one major flaw. Once you use one, your are stuck!!! Everything else is just garbage. Use to have an AquaVIew, seen a Marcum, sold the Aquacrap the next day and bought a Marcum. All Marcum cameras, especially the newer LCD ones are great, and the company backs what they sell. Never be afraid to call the customer service line with any questions. They are outstanding!

thorne
02-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Great camera, only issue is the light is not that great for night fishing. Going to try a mod with mounting an aqua-vu spot light.

oh my poor poor man.....you just asked to be put in front of the firing squad.....Gentlemen.....Ready.....Aim......FIRE!!! !

mayuan
02-01-2013, 09:12 PM
oh my poor poor man.....you just asked to be put in front of the firing squad.....Gentlemen.....Ready.....Aim......FIRE!!! !

I put a hook on the camera, so all is fair.

H380
02-01-2013, 09:16 PM

Not gonna come from me , but I know what you're thinkin ..

BLD
02-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Thanks for all of your comments. She opened it and loves it, we will be heading for Jackfish Bay in the morning so she can try it out.
I must say I was surprised that it came fully charged and ready to rock and roll.
Thanks again.

jeffrey929
02-02-2013, 06:24 AM
I bought one and love it!! Totally agree about the panner, way better with one

wharde
06-19-2014, 01:19 AM
My wife just gave me a vs385 for an anniversary gift. I had not seen the MarCum cameras before so I was not sure what to think of it but after reading these comments I am looking forward to trying it.

SCHOOCH
06-19-2014, 09:26 AM
Fishing equipment for an Anniversary gift !!! Well done my friend on picking the right one !!!!!!!!

EZM
06-19-2014, 08:55 PM

WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......... gotta go get some more ammo first ........ I'm thinking of starting with some small bird shot first .....