PDA

View Full Version : How was fishing today?

Lady White
02-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Just want everyone to share how fishing was today. I like to read about it. I went to Gull lake caught my biggest white ever about 4 pounds. Saw about 10 whites. Lost one cause it got stuck under the ice.

P.S. Does anyone still get so excited when you see a fish through the ice that your heart rate goes up. Mine does! Sometimes i still get so excited I miss fish cause i try to set the hook to early. The worst part is i giggle like am idiot and sometimes scream like a little girl went i catch something. :) good thing i can laugh at myself.

The Fisherman Guy
02-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Congrats on your PB White!

Fishing was pretty slow today. Lost a few, hooked a buddy and really enjoyed a beautiful day on the ice.

Just finished this fishing day off with cold water lake trout fish cakes and home made tartar sauce. Splendid way to reflect on our journeys to put fish on our tables.

WayneChristie
02-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Fishing was slow, but the weather was awesome, buddies son caught a walleye and a pike, and lost his rod down the hole to another fish:sHa_sarcasticlol:, 2 of us got stuck in snow, one twice (Ford) :bad_boys_20: and another caught his first fish through the ice. great day! as usual a gorgeous sunset to end the day. back at it tomorrow!

" The worst part is i giggle like an idiot and sometimes scream like a little girl went i catch something. good thing i can laugh at myself." crap, I do that myself! :sHa_shakeshout:

BeeGuy
02-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Gorgeous day and no other fishermen in sight.

Landed a dozen whites, maybe more, lost count. Got 1 nice rainbow, 19 or 20".

Can't ask for much more.

madluk18
02-02-2013, 11:03 PM
GREAT DAY out fishing today,

truck said plus 6 by the time we left. sunny, slight breeze. Lots of little perch, 6 keepers. had my heart broken a second time by what appeared to be a legal sized walleye (friend estimated it at 26-28") 6" hole, she just wouldn't come up straight, got turned sideways, I reached down to try and grab the gill plate that I could see and she gave a flick of the tail, heard the line break and she disappeared :angry3::angry3:. A moment of silence was held :sign0176:. Second time this was happened. I was grumpy till I pulled out a couple nice 11" perch :):). Biggest of the season, but only got 6 keepers. two 11's 10 9 and the smallest we kept was around 7 or so.

Going back next weekend hoping to catch more and go a third round with the walleye. I'll get em eventually....:fighting0074:

Blairh
02-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Any day on the ice is better then a day of studying! Altho today was rough, burned myself on the heater, got outfished by my fishing buddy(watched him catch fish all day), decided to self check the water temp with my left leg and tossed my phone in a puddle but still a great day.

Oh yea and the truck died on the ice, thank you to the gentlemen who gave us a boost out there!

OneGirlWolfPack
02-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Just want everyone to share how fishing was today. I like to read about it. I went to Gull lake caught my biggest white ever about 4 pounds. Saw about 10 whites. Lost one cause it got stuck under the ice.

P.S. Does anyone still get so excited when you see a fish through the ice that your heart rate goes up. Mine does! Sometimes i still get so excited I miss fish cause i try to set the hook to early. The worst part is i giggle like am idiot and sometimes scream like a little girl went i catch something. :) good thing i can laugh at myself.

Haha! You'd be fun to fish with. Congrats on your white!! :)
One of these days I'll try ice fishing. Can't wait!

1bluZebec
02-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Congrats on the white. I've never caught one yet so hopefully ill get out to gull one day but for now ill keep trying for my ilusive walleyes in winter and my 20 lb pike I know has my name on it:) today we were at jack fish and was unreal for everyone. The kids built a huge snowman and we caught the smallest walleye I've ever seen and a few small pike but still awesome day and tomorrow I'm out at Fallis just luvin the day away. Anyone else going out to wabamun somewhere too?

WayneChristie
02-03-2013, 07:04 AM
GREAT DAY out fishing today,

truck said plus 6 by the time we left. sunny, slight breeze. Lots of little perch, 6 keepers. had my heart broken a second time by what appeared to be a legal sized walleye (friend estimated it at 26-28") 6" hole, she just wouldn't come up straight, got turned sideways, I reached down to try and grab the gill plate that I could see and she gave a flick of the tail, heard the line break and she disappeared :angry3::angry3:. A moment of silence was held :sign0176:. Second time this was happened. I was grumpy till I pulled out a couple nice 11" perch :):). Biggest of the season, but only got 6 keepers. two 11's 10 9 and the smallest we kept was around 7 or so.

Going back next weekend hoping to catch more and go a third round with the walleye. I'll get em eventually....:fighting0074:
hope you are wearing gloves I have a few gillplate scars, they are sharp as a razor :sign0176:

GregT
02-03-2013, 10:45 PM
spent a few hours this morn on the ice with my wife this morning. it was her first time out. it was a gorgeous morning and we were entertained by a few fish and kept a couple for for din. wish we could of stayed out all day; only had the babysitter for a few hours.

Lady White
02-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Thank you everyone for sharing couldn't go today so i have to live vicariously through everyone else

Rabdo
02-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Thank you everyone for sharing couldn't go today so i have to live vicariously through everyone else

same here lol

Gust
02-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Haha! You'd be fun to fish with. Congrats on your white!! :)
One of these days I'll try ice fishing. Can't wait!

There are a slough of great fisherfolk down lethbridge way who could show you some fun fishing at keho, and now is a great time weatherwise to get a feel for it. Fishing tends to be better when cold and inclement but being on the ice regardless of the bite is grrand.

Put a note in the share ride fishing buddy link or create an on ice meet and greet for lethbridge,, I am sure a few cowtowners would go to this too.