PDA

View Full Version : West lake road gull....problem

happyfisher
02-02-2013, 10:07 PM
so i have been out there 4 -5 times never caught a fish yet.....im going to move my awesome shack somewhere close....any recommendations? im off twp 420 of hwy 771....i just want to tow it somewhere different on the ice....

maybe just move it 50 feet? dunno....

getting frustrated...:mad0100:

happy

Hunter Trav
02-03-2013, 09:41 AM
How much water are you in, and are you sitting on top of a weed bed? If you are move out and try to find 12'-15' with a nice clean sandy bottom, close to the weed edge. Find that and you should be into some good fishing...

SNAPFisher
02-03-2013, 10:58 AM
What Trav said.

happyfisher
02-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Are the weed beds big? How high are these beds? I see long sticks and weeds around 12" tall....

The Fisherman Guy
02-03-2013, 04:09 PM
From my experiences at Gull, the weeds can be quite thick and near the end of the year when they begin to wilt down, fishing on top of them can be tough. As Trav said, find a sandy bottom near a weed bed and fishing will improve!

Hunter Trav
02-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Are the weed beds big? How high are these beds? I see long sticks and weeds around 12" tall....

They can be, basically wht you want to do is move out deeper until you hit the edge of them. When you find the edge you should be somewhere between 10'-15' roughly. It should also be a nice clean bottom for the most part, that lake is pretty consistent all the way around. Once your there, move left/right along it till you find an area holding the fish. Sometimes you might find some rocks or maybe a dip or trough, and these little changes will be holding fish. If your not seeing anything after an hour or so, probably best to move. With a permanent, you may want to try and do this before moving the shack to avoid alot of work. Once you find a spot it should be good year after year. Hope that helps...:)

happyfisher
02-04-2013, 07:18 PM
thanks all really helpful.....

ill be out on the weekend!!!:bad_boys_20:

bentley
02-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Hey Happy , pull your unit down around the point . When you see the palace , go out / east another 50 to 100 ft. , sandy bottom & edge of weeds . I got ours too close to shore / weeds , but see lots of whites , few perch . Gonna be out there maybe Thursday .

kinwahkly
02-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Was out there today, cool in the morning warmed up to -5, they were cruising around early morning, caught my 3 and a couple small perch.