PDA

View Full Version : whitefish lake by kikino

LacLaBicheNS
02-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Anyone got any info about this lake? Not looking for secrets, more looking for info about springs, currents, flood water etc..

Never fished it in the winter or in the summer. Going to try it tomorrow

SNAPFisher
02-03-2013, 07:28 AM
I was hoping to catch you. I hope the fishing turns around for you...maybe the timing with better weather will help. Otherwise, fishing has been so slow there this year it doesn't even registrer a crawl. You will likely see SRD there and they will fill you in on the poor fishing if you ask.

However, I hope I'm dead wrong. Post back!

LacLaBicheNS
02-03-2013, 09:17 AM
I was hoping to catch you. I hope the fishing turns around for you...maybe the timing with better weather will help. Otherwise, fishing has been so slow there this year it doesn't even registrer a crawl. You will likely see SRD there and they will fill you in on the poor fishing if you ask.

However, I hope I'm dead wrong. Post back!

thanks.

Yes I heard SRD has been a the lake stopping each person when they come off.

Do you know me or something? You talk like you do.

SNAPFisher
02-03-2013, 10:51 AM
That is a strange question you ask....
Not in person. Only from this forum and PMs. You did invite me up there last year but we didn't connect....

If you mean the comment I made about hoping I caught you, I can clarify, I hope my post gets to you before you go out.

Okay, now that the creepiness is out of the way, how did you do :ashamed:

LacLaBicheNS
02-03-2013, 03:09 PM
That is a strange question you ask....
Not in person. Only from this forum and PMs. You did invite me up there last year but we didn't connect....

If you mean the comment I made about hoping I caught you, I can clarify, I hope my post gets to you before you go out.

Okay, now that the creepiness is out of the way, how did you do :ashamed:

Oh ok .. got you.. that makes sense.

We fished for 4 hours, called it quits and came home early.

Drove on my 3/4 diesel, so we didn't drive around and explore the lake like we would have if we had sleds. I think a 4x4 could drive all over that lake. Not much snow. Good 2 feet of black ice near the launch where we stayed.

Stuck close to the boat launch. Saw probably 30-50 whitefish on camera, couldn't get them to bite. But I have never rerally fished for them so maybe I was doing it wrong. Saw 3 small pike as well. Had one bite. Bunch of small perch. Nothing was biting.

Spoke with the lady who runs the store and also her husband. I think together they basically run the camp ground. Anyways, nice people and helpful. The lady admitted the fishing this year has been very slow. We'll go back, but in the summer to do some exploring.