PDA

View Full Version : south buck lake feb 2

waterninja
02-03-2013, 01:49 PM
went to north buck last week so decided to try south buck on sat. went with a fellow ao member. parked on shore in town by sled dealership and hauled our gear out about 100 yds. cause we were just in small 2 wheel drive truck. not many people on the ice for such a nice day and there was not near as much snow as by edm. or points north. all in all it was kind of slow and we caught around 7 pike and lost 5 more. saw no sign of perch, walleye or whites and neither did any of the other anglers around us. to kill some time my buddy made a live well (which we filled in and marked when we left). after a few to many "pops" i got the great idea to tag some keepers with leftover hunting tags so no tag soup for me. thanks for a great day yeehaw.
ps.. ice was 21" thick.

Alberta Bigbore
02-03-2013, 02:18 PM
HAHAHAHA i was going to say " since when do we tag? Enjoyed the pics. Congrats on those fish.

EZM
02-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Tags ........... loved it ................Live well ............. loved it.

You guys are silly ...........but entertaining.

Great pics - thanks for the chuckle.

wcbarker
02-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Tags ........... loved it ................Live well ............. loved it.

You guys are silly ...........but entertaining.

Great pics - thanks for the chuckle.

Just so you know tagging fish and live wells (BAD)

diamonddave
02-03-2013, 04:08 PM
ohhh lighten up:bad_boys_20:

Hunter Trav
02-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Just so you know tagging fish and live wells (BAD)

So is your post...:rolleye2:

BlackHeart
02-03-2013, 04:42 PM
We've been trying to figure South Buck out for whites this winter. Plenty of trips, hundreds of holes, many hours, various lures from minnows to Wetaskiwins to wire worms to bugs.

Caught lots of walleye under limit size, a few pike but not a single sighting of a white. I know they are in there as I know some of guys who net it, and the whites are on the extra large side.

We are stumped and puzzled. But have only a few more ideas to try before tossing in the towel on catching these whites.

Lefty-Canuck
02-03-2013, 05:34 PM
We've been trying to figure South Buck out for whites this winter. Plenty of trips, hundreds of holes, many hours, various lures from minnows to Wetaskiwins to wire worms to bugs.

Caught lots of walleye under limit size, a few pike but not a single sighting of a white. I know they are in there as I know some of guys who net it, and the whites are on the extra large side.

We are stumped and puzzled. But have only a few more ideas to try before tossing in the towel on catching these whites.

Went a couple weeks ago caught a few pike and saw one white on the cam....heard commercial guys only average 6 whites per net pull.... Might be time to shut down the commercial folks.

LC

BlackHeart
02-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Went a couple weeks ago caught a few pike and saw one white on the cam....heard commercial guys only average 6 whites per net pull.... Might be time to shut down the commercial folks.

LC

Yeah there is talk that it might happen....or at least a few years on the sideline.
Funny thing is that this lake has 10 whites as a daily angling limit...WTF?
Are the Limits just a joke...."yeah! Let's give them a limit of 10 on this lake, cause if they catch one their pretty lucky."

While at Gull, where it takes only a morning to catch five whites and your pulling away from the burbs, under the old regs....they have dropped the limit to three and no burbs in feb/march.??????? Plus burbs are a voracious feeder on whites and young....Doesn't make any sense and is in fact contrary to what would be expected. If it was harder and harder to cAtch burbs and white in Gull, I could see it, but I think it's getting easier....aka more fish.....unless the agenda is the F walleye sport fishery.

perchie15
02-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Buck lake had huge summer kill few years back to the whites. But that's usual I know but still it's crap.. I've never even heard of ppl catching whites by hook there... For ones that have.... Congrats ur true pro!!

YeeHaw
02-03-2013, 10:34 PM
The same couple guys from yesterday, were back today. Very slow at the same holes.

markcfbman
02-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Had trailer southwest accross from prov park caught walleye 150 yards from dock.

YeeHaw
02-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Did you have the red ford one ton?