PDA

View Full Version : Christina Lake a Warning

B_Type13X2
02-03-2013, 03:34 PM
I was there yesterday and at the access point before the bridge leading to the lodge I saw tire tracks leading out onto the ice. However there is open water about 20 meters (60') away from this access point under the bridge. On the Lake itself you have a good 20" of solid ice at one of the locals shacks and beyond. Now this is the warning part, for the sake of safety I used my auger to do some test holes about 10' away from the access, be aware you are driving onto rotten ice, it appears to be thick enough to take the weigh of a half ton truck but it really isn't good solid clear ice. I would advise anyone going onto the lake to not use this as an access point to drive on, my friends and I walked on from here.

Also on another note anyone who owns an Eskimo 51cc Ice auger you may want to preemptively replace the pull cord 5th time trying to start it we managed to break it and had to replace it with parachute cord also the 2 way spring on the inside breaks every time the cord is pulled and it is time consuming to take it apart and put it back together especially on the ice. If you wanna be sure change the cord and you wont have any issues.